Mercy is still overall the best and most consistent support in the game

There were a lot of “Buff Ana” threads and posts for months, saying that “No one bats an eye” about her being UP is not true at all.

4 Likes

If you are using Mercy’s pistol, you are not playing Mercy properly. :rofl: And if you are forced to use Mercy’s pistol consistently, you have either poor position or your team is not doing its job.

And all of those ults are counter-able. Comparing Mass Rez to death-blossom the most easily counterable ult in the game is laughable.

We also saw how healthy that mechanic was.

When you nerf a hero and you buff other heroes, surprisingly the win rates change. This is basic logic that I’m surprised I even have to explain to you. Mercy is not dead and she is not F-tier, stop with the doomsday prognosis please. Not to mention a high win-rate doesn’t mean much in regards to balance. Symmetra had 65% win rate and we all know how balanced she was.

That’s normal, she is not a must pick now and other supports have been buffed. She is not un-viable however, not by a long shot.

Let him live in his dreams :rofl:

Hey kid, not gonna false-report me for a “real life threat” against another forum member? Stop false reporting people for things they didn’t do and maybe I would take you seriously.

Does mass rez exist in the game currently? No? I would say a sizeable part of the community and more importantly the developers pretty much support my claims that mass rez was unhealthy for the game. :rofl: I would also say that’s pretty objective.

There was nothing inconsistent about going on point and pressing Q to rez 5 dead people. There was nothing healthy about that mechanic and there are thousands of videos, guides from that time period, with all the pros agreeing on it being unhealthy and a sizeable part of the community. Again, the developers also support this claim by virtue of mass rez not existing in the game anymore.

Using your own logic in the second quote, the developers support the claim that you should use Mercy’s pistol by virtue of it still existing in-game… not to mention Valkyrie giving it infinite ammo. If you weren’t ever supposed to use Mercy’s pistol, they would simply remove it from the game.

Mercy’s pistol is not her main tool, but using it well can decide the outcome of a match. After all, it does a “surprising amount of damage”! You should watch Neptuno’s gameplay from the first season of the OW League. I’m pretty sure he’s the most bloodthirsty Mercy in the game.

What doomsday prognosis? I’ve been very realistic in all of my reviews of the current state of Mercy. See the rest my post that you just quoted:

Actually, the pros didn’t all agree, and more recently several pros have been specifically noted mentioning that they preferred the old Mercy with Resurrect as an ultimate over the Mercy that we have today.

The only “pros” who adamantly and publicly spoke out against Resurrect as an ultimate–and Mercy in general before her rework–were Seagull and XQC. They do not represent the opinions of all pros.

There was the whole matter of actually still being alive as Mercy when 5 of your teammates are dead. That was actually pretty hard to do with Genji, Tracer and Winston seemingly on every enemy team constantly hunting you down no matter where you ran to. It was a rarity, not the normal use of Resurrect.

2 Likes

It actually is to some degree. It p easy to get high healing with valk being a hold mouse button and fly gameplay
As for rez it s more or less dependent on the enemy team’s ability to target you or on your team’s ability to protect you rather than mercy’s own skill seeing as it’s a free charge every 30 seconds.

Opinion stated as fact.

Opinion stated as a fact (btw, nano boosted target is the most difficult thing to kill)

I’m surprised you have to explain anything.

But she had low pick rate. I’m one of the 2.0 symmetra mains (while I still keep playing her now). Her pick rate was hovering around 1-2%. Mercy is still at ~8% and her winrate being negative is surely something.

Again, opinion stated as a fact without any backup material.

I did it once and I’m not false reporting. I’m flagging people if I see they are “tresspassing” the Code of Conduct. I apologized for reporting you back then because I didn’t take the context. Mind if you stop bringing it up? Or at least bring up how I said I was sorry and that it was my bad :3

They stated mass res is balanced, it just provoked hiding playstyle. Just like some other ults. They could’ve easily tweaked it but nope, lets go with a full on rework and keep it until mercy dies out of nerfing.

5 man resses were extremely rare.

It countered ult stacking. Something that kinda rules the game currently.

I have found clips of 3 pros saying that they like Mass res more than current Mercy. So I wouldn’t take their word too seriously.

I think the devs want to bring mass res back to the game so that people would stop complaining. The problem is they are not gonna admit a mistake. The entire rework is a mistake. Some of the best Mercy’s have said the rework was in a good direction but ended up badly. I can link you to EeveeA reaction to Titanium’s post and she said “I don’t necessarily want this rework, but I would enjoy it more”. If we look at the 2k viewers commenting in the chat 99% of them said they would enjoy it too. So I don’t get why we are still sitting ducks with this failure of a rework that has proved to cause nothing but chaos. (both in game and among the community)

4 Likes

I don’t think much have changed with her skill-floor, but her skill ceiling has definitely been lowered since rework. I made a thread about it. Please expand it as it is more than one paragraph.

This is completely false. Many non must pick heroes have both decent win and pick rates. Moira, Zen and Lucio are good examples among the healers. All these healers are close to the tier average in most tiers. They’re viable picks.

Mercy’s win rates are exceptionally low and indicate a character who is not capable of doing her job properly. In every single tier her win rates are well below the tier average. That means that playing Mercy at any tier will ultimately cause you to derank. None of her competitors have this problem. You are better picking any one of them . That’s not normal, it’s pretty much the definition of a non-viable hero.

You seem adamant on claiming that despite the data Mercy is fine. I’m not sure what you think the data for an under powered hero would look like. It’s hard to imagine that it would look significantly different from what Mercy’s looks like right now.

1 Like

50 dps = “full dps hero”

She dropped to where everyone else is and y’all freak out, as if getting in line with the 2nd best support is somehow bad. You’re still #1, strong contender for #2; you don’t own the #1 slot. You want Mercy to be #1 again? Work harder with her; heaven knows the Ana mains have been grinding for that spot.

Mercy sucks in comp.

The amount of time you should be using Mercy’s pistol accounts for maybe 1% if at that.

Again, even if we discount the community or the pros, the devs supported this move and made it. Would rather trust someone with complete information, data statistics, over somebody with anecdotal evidence.

There are hundreds of videos showing otherwise. Flying and pressing Q wasn’t particularly hard at all.

Sorry, I don’t debate people who threaten and silence those with different opinions. You are just gonna flag my opinion for spamming/trolling. No point in wasting my time writing anything decent since it’s just going to get flag reported anyway.

I already debated you many times before and I’ve read your thread. I disagree with it. Mass rez was inherently unhealthy mechanic and it had no counterplay. Single rez has counterplay and it requires more decision making, situational awareness, coordination. Therefore her skill floor and ceiling have been raised.

There are hundreds of videos out there that would make you believe that Widowmaker is constantly spawn-camping entire teams by herself, too, because everyone’s highlight reel looks great and has nothing to do with what real gameplay looks like.

I did not threaten anyone. Hah. You are just funny, really. What else are you gonna say kid. C’mon, you have some time, I’m going for some popcorn

edit: please continue proving my point, I don’t even have to do anything for it to be proven when I have you <3

Unless they change her, fundamentally, she will remain in this spot. They’re not likely to go making another hero to match her prowess without it having some drawbacks (i.e Moira, who has a resource bar).

Mercy was the fourth most picked hero in Diamond this week.

Diamond.
Only.

Mercy’s Winrate is the fourth worst in the entire roster. You are being very picky to say the least with your statistics

2 Likes

Her winrate is normal for 85% of the players. (Plat and below).

And her pickrate is still fluctuating a bit for the top 15%.

1 Like

Thing is nobody really has to ask for a Mercy. She’s played often enough that suffice it to say, she doesn’t need wanting.

You could say, before, it was a matter of need-- not want. Needing to have resurrection on hand; needing to have valkyrie heals on hand; needing to have supple basic healing.

Supports are in a decent spot where most can be played (besides Lucio…), and no one gripes about missing something they need.

You call normal win rate 45-48% ? You may have lost your mind. The most players are in gold-plat right now. That means comparing by where are the most players, she has the lowest win rates of all three (excluding Ana’s silver, but thats understandable she needs skill)

The trick is Mercy pickrate is very high in Gold and Silver.

Making her winrate in those ranks be over-represented.