Mercy is still not enjoyable nor viable

This is a sentiment I strongly agree with. The e-res experiment has proven to be a failure. I wish they would just remove res from the game, and focus on her healing. Unfortunately, I don’t think they’re ever going to do that.

1 Like

I don’t agree with all of these suggestions but certainly agree with the overall sentiment.

A nice idea that was posted couple weeks was Two-handed Battle Mercy, I love this idea personally:

dunno, i like chain healing, reminds of resto shamans.

Would be cool to have Rehgar from HOTS type of support though, chain heal on cooldown, shield on single target, some slow AOE totem-y thing

1 Like

oh god, we’re quoting Falcon now. This place is going to the dumps :x

In my experience, a skilled player who dominates a game is using the entire kit.

For Mercy, this includes the 50hps/second healing

1 Like

That was exactly my point.

BTW I’m not saying Mercy is underpowered, I’m saying that her healing is underpowered.

My experience differs from yours - I find 50hps/s to be adequately powered

1 Like

50 hps can be bursted through quite easily and you’re in almost every mercy thread saying this and denying arguments there was a reason it was buffed in the first place but it’s like this now because rez on e. she’s a confusing mishmash of an off healer/ main healer. She’s an off healer without the dps denying ult, damage or utility and main healer but lacks the numbers. she can’t have the near the numbers of an off healer without a rework making the rest of her kit more useful or changes to her current kit to make her a main healer.

Right now she’s almost solely used to pocket dps and heal the tanks when needed but she’s basically a pocket for dps that can’t even save them when the enemy team decides they’ve had enough. balance wise she’s nearly there or a little bit under, gameplay wise it doesn’t compare to her former self where she actually was a team support instead of this. The only saving grace is her ultimate charges very fast but most people don’t like being spectator for 15 sec.

3 Likes

We’ve come to a time where this game needs two healers if you want to win. It offers diversity to hero choices. Mercy was so strong she was able to solo-heal 3-tank comps at a pro-level. I personally don’t really like the idea of ANY healer being able to solo-heal with ease.

If anyone can solo-heal, it would maybe be Moira, but she’s also 100% a pure healer with no utility she can offer her team aside from the short-ranged, group healing.

You can’t have strong utility and be able to solo-heal in nearly every type of team composition. That just makes things stale, and other heroes inadequate.

We’re finally to a stage where all healers are evenly balanced and useful depending on the circumstances, and people want that to change? Y tho?

2 Likes

For Mercy to ever be truly viable, she needs 60hp/s. And for her not to be too powerful with 60hp/s, she can’t have Res. She needs a rework.

5 Likes

maybe in moth meta but not in a competitive setting maybe in qp but even that’s a struggle with 60hps and your tanks have to play really safe and you. Ana and moira are the go to healers with triple tank even with 60 hps mercy wasn’t meta in triple tank

read my post above 20char

Recently in the pro-level during an OWL game, one of the teams (and I apologize for not remembering the exact one) ran Mercy as a solo-healer so that they could have three tanks. This was when she still had 60hps, but had already received the 1-rez changes.

yeah but during mass rez she couldn’t do this this is why most people want a rework valk and e rez require the rest of her kit to be watered down

Because a lot of us find Mercy to be unengaging and unimpactful. Also there’s a lot of stuff going on in her kit that makes no sense.

I mean…a lot of people like her better and feel the exact opposite. And that’s what sucks because we’re always going to have these polar opposite debates regarding poor Mercy.

The only thing that changed in her kit was her Ultimate. And yeah, Resurrect is on a cooldown now. Which I may add, Resurrect is holding her back. Undoing an enemy pick is such a strong ability that she has to take a hit to being the top healer for all scenarios.

I’d rather Resurrect be replaced with some kind of friendly buff she can apply to people that grant them temporary immunity to CC effects. But I also know the head developers with Blizzard said they have zero plans for her, and don’t plan on changing anything drastically. So I’m not holding my breath for anything.

1 Like

That is true. I do not envy Blizzard of the pickle they’ve gotten themselves into. But… they do still need to address it.

You are not wrong. Nearly everything in Mercy’s kit is worse off for having E Resurrect. However, I don’t think it should be removed outright. Even now, Resurrect is her most powerful ability. Everyone else has there most powerful ability on Q. Mercy shouldn’t be different.

1 Like

I like how this is titled ‘‘still not enjoyable or viable’’

These topics are made every single day its like you expected them to completely rework her in a day

2 Likes

Its hard to stop complaining. Mass rez felt too great. And for 14 months nobody had a problem with it.

Its like giving a kid an awesome toy truck for 14 months that though nobody else thought was fun, but they loved it dearly. Then because a relative complains the toy is too loud you remove its batteries. Sure the truck still can be played with, but its not as fun.

Blizzard made her super OP and we didn’t like it, we liked mass rez. We don’t want to be OP, we want rez

3 Likes

I feel like one of the only people who frequently come up with unique new design ideas for Mercy.

I agree it’s kinda sad if Mercy mains can’t do better. Mercy mains gotta step up their game. :slight_smile: