Mercy is now the only reliable main healer

there we have it folks, mercy is now the only reliable main healer. is there a barrier in between you and your teammates? are you moira or ana? you’re useless!
if your teammates are weaving in and out of symmetra’s new ult trying to get to the enemy, good luck healing them.

moira still has her orb, but that’s not gonna save your critical health zen being jumped on by a winston with a barrier in the way- the burst heal would.

thoughts? whether you’re for or against this, this still makes mercy the strongest main healer.

edit: moira got more hidden changes as well, the reason why is completely beyond me.
https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/even-more-unannounced-moira-changes/123387

111 Likes

This is literally one of the reasons why she was a good healer :frowning: I didn’t even think this was a bug!!

56 Likes

If you want to help then then toss the orb and go through the barrier

19 Likes

I mean it’s a bug. And you saying Mercy is the only viable healer breaks my heart a little. Every healer is viable in their own respect. Zenyatta increases damage against enemy heroes, Luciò gives increased speed and heals as a group.

10 Likes

i said reliable, not viable- and i also said MAIN healer, where we only have mercy moira and ana. mercy is undoubtedly the strongest

44 Likes

And to compensate she has the least amount of ways to defend herself

4 Likes

Still underestimating other healers abilities. It’s the team composition that makes a healer strong, not just the one or two healers.

8 Likes

Also has ways to escape faster than any other hero.

11 Likes

This “bug fix” is horrible. Moira is a close range healer. Barriers are everywhere in her effective range. Her grasp healing is exactly the same as Mercy’s in its application.

Its a healing ability. I don’t understand this change. Barriers are powerful enough as it is and Moira’s being nerfed in her only effective range. Right in the heat of the battle. Its ludicrous.

Just why?

47 Likes

If she has a team mate in sight

Aggree…

Ana and moira should health through enemy shields

6 Likes

Yes because right now, it is impossible to fly to one of those two snipers who serve as free jail cards.

2 Likes

Moira fade is more reliable on escaping since you can’t see where she fade and she can’t be damage during the duration on a decent cooldown.

4 Likes

Well, that’s an Overreaction O_O

2 Likes

LOL at Blizzard pretending this was a bug.

31 Likes

You cannot possibly call Fade a better escape ability than GA.

Please.

17 Likes

While we’re at it lets prevent barriers from blocking Zen ult, Lucio Ult, All of Ana’s abilities, and discord orbs so they can all pass through them now.
Heck let’s just remove barriers in general. They only, wait for it…, seem to get in the way ;D

1 Like

They stated during her launch that this was a bug. No pretending here

5 Likes

the heck I can. The only time I usually die from it is getting hooked or they surround me.

4 Likes

Well arguably moira has more escape. She can fade then heal her self up. And while fading she takes no damage.

I knew it was a bug but i also knew it would go back to mercy meta if it was fixed. Kinda think that they need to change it. MAybe something like everyone can heal through but at reduced healing Like mercy could do 15hps instead of 20 when the connected teamate goes behind an enemy shield. same as moira. Ana would be hard they would have to make it so her shots go through but can not damage like the damage part only hits the shield and the healing go through and do 65 healing. Just the shots nade should still be blocked.

1 Like