Mercy is DEAD. Can we FIX her now!?

I feel the issue with her old ult is just how it’s instant like Sombras…AND UNLIKE EVERY OTHER ULT IN THE GAME you couldn’t counter it, it wasn’t risky or you wouldn’t be punnished for using it not wisely, every other ult has atleast one of those qualities but Mass Rez didn’t at all

If you were here you would know that old Mercy was underpowered. Invulnerability only made her remotely viable. Before that… YIKES. This is why you shouldn’t determine something without actually playing it.

Again, if you played back then, you would know that it wasn’t encouraged by the ultimate at all. Back then, tempo ressing was always considered better by me and lots of other good Mercy players. Also, the strategy was only encouraged by a broken SR system which was fixed a month before her rework. Also, here hold this:

Of course Hide and Rez isn’t how Mercy was meant to be played…that was basically the entire reason she got reworked, well that and the fact that its completely unfair to coordinate with your team and possibly combo ults to wipe most of the enemy team just to have Mercy come in and press one button and undo it all by herself…thats what I call balance right there Kappa

Exactly! That is my point when I said Mass rez was broken.

Finally someone else who gets that…no one seems to realize that mass rez was just as broken as current 30 second rez, it should honestly just get removed from the game and replace it with something that isnt complete bull imo

I’ll give you a hour to read this:

OP, or Pockets, where are you getting the data from about Mercy’s pickrate/winrate? Are you getting it from Overbuff? If so, that website is not accurate.

It’s the only thing we have, I’m afraid. :man_shrugging:t2: We often use OmnicMeta as well btw.

Honestly, I always picked Mercy because I loved flying through the fight and having to split my attention between everything. I liked showing off my accuracy once in a while so I’d roll Ana and Zen (Ana scoped was 85% average, unscoped was 68%, Zen was 34% accuracy with at least 20 elims per game). Mercy though took me back to raiding days where you have to focus and seek improvement to eek out every ounce of performance.

Did Mercy require this in order to function? Dear lord no, and you’d have to be a moron to believe otherwise. She has so many ways she can simply exist and get minimal value. Thats what made her great as a starter for people getting into supports; you had an easy bar for entry and you had to want to get better in order to find the ways to get noticeably better. Once you could do everything you needed to be really adept at using her kit fully (tracking ults, knowing combos and how to counter them or how to avoid them, positioning relative to your team, shifting focus around the battlefield in the middle of a fire fight, dodging and using cover to stay alive) you could translate those skills to other healers and since you had the core concepts of the support game down, all you’d have to do is learn how to make the most of their kit.

She had great flow and was a great support for learning how to support better, but so many people didn’t want to admit or even understand that. Then came hide and Rez that promoted bad play. Then came the witch hunts led by Seagull and XQC. Then came the rework and ceaseless toxicity. Then came the onslaught of changes and the kit that feels like you’re sloshing through mud or you’re flying around the battle as a spectator to everyones deaths.

Its just plain sad.

1 Like

Ult stacking is bad…

You clearly didnt understand what I meant…I was talking more along the lines of a Hanzo/Zarya combo, I didnt mean having like Reaper, Soldier and like McCree just spamming their ults back to back to back

Okay, you’re right. That’s a good analysis. I don’t care enough to go through and try to rebuttal all of that.

They obliterated the old Mercy. But should they bring her back? The game dynamic has changed immensely since it’s been removed. I personally defend Valkyrie as an ult (good defensive, good offensive, allows even better mobility, etc.)

But once again, I’m only 111. I know nothing.

Kill the Mercy with the ultimates?

I assume you mean kill the other team’s Mercy first…which sounds great on paper until you realize that teamfights usually last longer than the time it takes someone to respawn so even if you killed the Mercy first she could just come back and res anyway

1 Like

Probably…

Here, hold this :slight_smile:

1 Like

Kill the enemy team again? Rezzes like that often set their team up for another team wipe. Also, postponing a fight for that long without staggering deaths is just really bad. Assuming the fight is long but you are winning, the Mercy shouldn’t be able to just rez her entire team. When the Mercy dies that’s your chance to truly overtake the enemy team because the enemy team has an absent main healer.

Or, just add a way to stop Rez from completing once it starts in order to limit its ability to get value. That was the whole reason Rez was a problem; garunteed value exceeding the cost of Rez. That started with the invincibility when Rezing which existed because prior to that you would die far more often than not when using Rez. There was a happy middle ground between no survivability and invincibility on Rez. There was plenty of opportunities to explore fixing that if people would have calmed down and approached it like adults.

1 Like

Complaining already? Many other characters had to wait quite a while to shine and in most of the times, they didin’t get to even show their potential until seasons later, but nooo… Mercy has to be meta 24/7. It’s been 7 seasons of her being meta, it’s time for a break.

Have some patience.

Wow, you got this all covered. . .

I. . . see your point about Valk. I do feel rather useless when my team isn’t grouped up and there’s nothing I can do.

Your Supercharger point is right, but at the same time it isn’t mobile like Valk is. Mercy gets guaranteed safety while using it, much like hiding, but she’s still healing/boosting her teammates. And, for a low Mercy like me, it’s like a break. . . something that takes care of all your usual worries (like beam priority, positioning, etc.) while you get some breathing time. But obviously, I’m a garbage Mercy. I am low-tier scum. So I like an ult that does my job for me a bit: an ult that gives my teammates incentive to group up, powers them all through a push (or against one,) gives me a chance to see the situation and reposition when I come back down, and allows unprecedented mobility when my mechanics aren’t normally so good.

But in higher tiers, I see your point. I’m just garbage, so it doesn’t affect me.

It’s not mine. It’s Titanium’s. She’s like this super awesome Naiyan cat.