Mercy is Broken

Okay I know this sounds really bad, but I really want people to see this, and clickbait is a scarily good way of doing that. Sorry if I wasted your time, I meant nothing by it :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Also there’s a bug that allows Mercy to GA target bodies behind walls, leading to her GA being immediately interrupted.

I made a thread listing several bugs a few months back, want me to find it and help you fill your list? Pretty sure many of them still exists.

15 Likes

Please do, I would greatly appreciate it.

• Guardian angel targets allies behind walls but once you press she starts to fly then stops and it’s clunky and puts GA on cooldown.

• ressurect can target allies behind walls, it will cast then mercy will fumble and stop and ressurect won’t preform. It’s also clunky

These things are just annoying

2 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

This was made during the Great Purge, so despite only featuring bugs and QoL suggestions it was locked and moved to the Mega. I’m not even allowed to quote myself into this thread. You can read it all here and see if you agree with me:

2 Likes

OMG THE BEAM BREAKING WHEN YOU VALK

I am so done with that existing

4 Likes

THIS THREAD IS CERTIFIED CATCHPHRASE APPROVED.

12 Likes

Aww, thank you so much!

Don’t know if this is balance related but;

• Mercy’s hostile ultimate voiceline is not as loud as it should be imo.
  • Mercy’s hostile resurrect voiceline and sounds are disproportionately louder than any other ability in the game. I understand the need because of its power, but its obnoxious that it’s louder than some ultimate voicelines.
6 Likes

I’ll add them just in case :blush:

People had also been complaining a week or so ago that friendly/enemy Mercy footsteps are louder than normal

1 Like

Another bug I encounter is that I fly backwards when using GA on a teammate that´s just barely out of my beam range, and it got me killed a few times already :V

2 Likes

Title made me think you were calling her op until I read the actual post. Got a little heated for a second. Good post tho op.

5 Likes

Sorry for the misleading title, and thank you! It means a lot to me.

Right now I think that Mercy is bugged with res, I have experienced Mercy trying to fly to a dead ally but they are on the other side of the wall but i can fly to them in short bursts. She will fail to fly to the target but she make a dash and stop. Sometimes mercy can try to res through a wall, it will slow her down and start the animation but will fail.

2 Likes

Damage boost is bugged graphically. If you damage boost someone and turn to the right, their appears to be an invisible wall in the middle of the blue glow that comes off the tip of her staff, cutting the graphic in half.

3 Likes

Not really a bug but can we change the heal/dmg beams during valk if we’re sticking with the ult forever? valk was supposed to be an ult that her wings get an overcharge visual but her beams just…split???

4 Likes

This has been happening to me a lot lately, but rez never goes on cooldown, it just cancels.

2 Likes

I feel like this is a pretty succinct explanation of all the issues that Mercy has currently. I have too many hours on her and there’s a ton of little things that have always irritated me and this lists pretty much all of them.

I think the inconsistency in GA is what irritates me the most, though. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve had an enemy or the payload or something bodyblock it and so I just slam into them and die instead of the momentum carrying me past it. I think maybe adding some kind of aiming mechanic (like legit holding forward or backward) to aim slightly up or down as you’re using it to make it more reliable and accurate (and increase the skill ceiling on it) would be great.

3 Likes