Mercy is boring

This is not a “revert mercy” or “buff mercy” post. This is just an observation.

I know mercy wasn’t the most fun to fight against, but really Blizzard? This new ult is just a stronger RT (or left click for those on pc). I was initially open to some mercy changes when I first heard about her rework, and I was excited to find out that she would finally be getting flight. Since then, I look back and laugh at how disappointing this new Mercy is.

Her ult is less skillful, and more boring than before. Her new rez is currently a suicide button. Her untouched gun, while still unreliably slow, is the most fun part of her to use now.

I find myself using Ana more now. She at least gives me the gameplay that Mercy used to give me; that is, keeping track of ults on both teams, and using mine when the time is right. That, and shutting down ults with her sleep is so much fun. I don’t care whether mercy is reverted, or changed some more. Just make her fun to play again.

Edit: Stronger ≠ more fun. This new Mercy took the appeal of the old Mercy, and tossed it in the trash.

“But she can fly now.” Oh yeah. Seeing everyone else have fun below you while holding down RT is so much fun.

“Her abilities have been boosted.” Oh yeah. Boosted healing. As exciting as a pulse bomb or Earth Shatter.

“It’s just the same mercy, but boosted.” But it’s really not. Mercy 1.0 was a game of mental chess. Who’s used their ults? Are they trying to go for a final push? The new Mercy is just a healbot with a rez that is not worth using after a certain point in the match. Sure you can get some rezzes early on easily, but late match rezzes make it a suicide button. The old Mercy gave a rewarding feeling of match impact if played right. The new Mercy just feels like RT simulator.

14 Likes

57 posts were merged into an existing topic: [Feedback Thread Continued Part III] Mercy Updates - Jan 30, 2018