Mercy is banned AGAIN

Hero pools need to stay in OWL honestly. This system just makes a ton of people mad every week which will inevitably make some people not even play a whole week.

4 Likes

Wrecking Ball
McCree
Widowmaker
Mercy

Cree and widow again??? I like the ball ban though.

1 Like

No, it’s because it’s a random algorithm, if they were handpicked Ana would be banned for three months

I like Hero Pools. It’s the only way I can get a break from Rein + McCree + Moira + Ana in every match. They won’t be absent from 99% matches otherwise.

I just wish they added more weight to the higher-picked heroes so it significantly increases their chances.

The precise wording is that if there is severe negative sentiment, they would change or remove it. They have made several changes including unifying the pools between Competitive Play, Contenders, and OWL, however the general concept of Hero Pools has been a welcome change for many. I expect hero pools to continue for Competitive Play for seasons to come.

2 Likes

You guys are begging for Ana to be banned when she was banned like 2-3 weeks ago lmao. It isn’t like she isn’t getting banned.

4 Likes

LOOL Mccree and widow again??? :rofl::rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

Especially when they keep banning the heroes lower ranks can actually play well.

3 Likes

Let’s be real, they had the chance when they were handpicking but chose to ban baptiste twice for some reason.

There’s obvious developer favouritism towards Ana, but the system is just genuinely working out in her favour.

3 Likes

Ana’s bribing the RNG gods with grandma cookies.

Mmm, chocolate chip.

7 Likes

That…would just be lovely. I like Moira being banned. :smile:

If they wack Ana with it, that would also be pretty cool.

2 Likes

Hey guys. Hey.

Are we enjoying Blizzard limiting our options and catering to OWL obsessed players yet? ARE WE?

…Thought not.

11 Likes

I think hero bans should only be for OWL.
Zen is only support never to be banned from main game. Seems bit unfair that mercy got it.
I don’t play mercy, but Zen should at least have his go at being banned.

7 Likes

Its also gotten severe backlash.

Seems they always think the positive outweighs the negative.

17 Likes

I can’t believe they haven’t banned Ashe yet for 4 weeks… she is legit in every game an alternative mccree

1 Like

I actually like Hero Pools. It’s nice to be rewarded for flexibility, and not being forced onto the same two healers or same two tanks or having to pick a certain DPS because they’re objectively the strongest.

It’s the only way we get breaks from Moira + Ana every match, Rein every match, McCree every match, etc.

I stated it in another thread, but I do wish they’d add more weight to the most-picked hero.

Her and McCree actually tied and had the same probability of being banned for the upcoming week.

Problem is…that’s also telling that they are pretty much toe-to-toe, so there will likely be little shifts until both of them are banned in the same week.

Let’s maybe wait a few weeks before jumping to wild assumptions?

I would grant immunity to Ana for some cookies, sounds right

3 Likes

Yayyyyy no res games. No get out of jail free cards. Welcome to responsibility guys.

Ashe was literal garbage until her buffs two weeks ago. Even still, McCree continues to be picked more than her.