Mercy is an subjectively? terrible designed hero

I mean, she’s just TF2’s medic. It works fine there. Why not here?

3 Likes

Single target healing and consistent with no cooldown or need to reload like other supports?
everything about her is so wrong
Res rewards bad players a 2nd chance and erases enemies their deserved kill
Guardian angel allows for too much mobility
Her hp recover is super fast and doesn’t need it to be triggered it like Brig or use an ability like Lucio or Ana or Bap
Valkyrie is another braindead ult which rewards with even more mobility and heal and so on
And as i said earlier, her pistol projectile hitbox is broken and deals 3x times dmg a baby Dva can do, why?

Not every support needs to have a high skill floor you know. Mercy is more or so treated as the support entry hero, introducing people to what they should and shouldn’t do, positioning and game sense. Also nice name, I can see someone pissed you off a long time ago.

But honestly I hate res too, wish it would get replaced by some cleanse ability as many others suggested.

1 Like

Refer to this pls ^, except shes worst with no overheal or an ult thats as good as Uber.

Also the only thing thats OBJECTIVELY terrible is the devs condoning of Mercy pocketing which I do agree needs to go away forever

2 Likes

How you gonna say all this and be okay with rez being in the game.

3 Likes

and

Jeff Kaplan:

"We want the top two things you notice about Mercy to be, “Oh my God, she’s an amazing throughput healer,” and “Wow, look at that mobility, she’s just flowing back and forth through the map.

Unlike all of these heroes, she can not self healing while being damaged, which makes her weaker to heroes with consistent DPS output like Winston, Dva, Tracer, etc. :slight_smile:

Ana/Bap/Lucio/Moira/Brig can all all self heal while being damaged. Mercy can’t.

Stay mad babe :heart:

14 Likes

Ikr the one part of her kit that you could argue should be reworked/removed entirely from the game is the only part they are fine with :skull: lmao

8 Likes

Thanks! I pride myself in not flagging posts with opinions that differ from mine because I don’t want to be a part of this culture that centers on trying to silence opposing opinions.

But because of the sexism right there, now I’ll flag it too!

Otherwise, nothing to do here. Moral of the story: No matter how true your opinion feels to you, it’s still your opinion and not the objective truth.

I’ll debate this somewhere else but for now, let’s just focus on what’s important here, a moment of camaraderie, warming our hands over this dumpster fire of a post for as long as it’s here.

1 Like

I’m legit laughing at this sentence. How is it broken?

Ok. Go and 1v1 all heroes with Mercy. Let’s see how many of them does Mercy beat.

It’s not gonna get removed. They confirmed it.

5 Likes

I mean, isn’t this the case with every hero? A gold on any hero will have far less game sense than a master player on the same hero and get destroyed.

I agree, its broken as hell, they still havent fixed the inconsistent headshot hitboxes… Oh they are talking about it being too heckin’ good, k, Ill remember that next time when I die to a tracer/genji for the upteenth time 1v1. :grimacing:

3 Likes

Two of his main arguments can be paraphrased as Mercy requires no skill and is not fun.

I was not arguing she requires any more skill than any hero. Even if I think that, skill is subjective.

I merely countered the argument saying I find Mercy skillful, even if she is not mechanically taxing, and fun.

1 Like

OP must know something about brainless e-girls pocketing him as the one-day boyfriend to make this thread. :’)

6 Likes

Until you realize that the entire enemy is gunning at you with Rez. That oughtta keep you from not playing braindead.

Mercy requires some of the highest levels of positioning and gamesense in the game imo. Especially gamesense. Don’t wanna get headshot trying to rez somebody, do you?

3 Likes

Heroes don’t NEED to be “Mechanically Challenging”. Not everybody wants to jump into a game and need a degree in Mechanical Engineering… to have fun.

1 Like

Please add Lucio on there too, thank you. And Tracer.

1 Like

3/10 terrible bait, try better next time.

6 Likes

I’m 90% sure they’re a troll, they said that hanzo is brain dead and that genji needs nerfs.

1 Like

sorry to dissapoint you, but i’m a girl myself.

Whoops, there goes your point! I know this is a troll post but some of you guys gotta realize that shaming and generalizing people for playing a hero doesn’t help your argument :man_facepalming: It just makes you look like an a$$ :upside_down_face:

1 Like