Mercy is a classical case of Sunk Cost Fallacy

Enemy not skillful for not being good at hide and seek. Ok.

1 Like

Hide and res was a thing but in seasons 1,2 and 3 Mercy was absolute garbage.

1 Like

Was a hero being garbage a good thing?

Lol I just had to put this😂

With Brigitte in the game and Hammond (soon) there are A LOT more stuns in the game to facilitate the whole “prevent the Mercy ult”.

Oh, and there is also a thing called “teamplay”. But you know, people don’t like to hear that as much.

5 Likes

No but Mercy, even with Resurrect, high utility, high mobility and consistent heals was considered F-tier at best.

1 Like

Hiding behind enemy lines upstairs just to drop and Q (Reaper), or just Q (Mccree and Soldier) isn’t either according to you.

3 Likes

“Fun” is subjective.

You think Mass Rez was fun and Valk is boring, and I think the exact opposite. Who is right, who is wrong? Who cares? Mass Rez is in the past.

5 Likes

Stun him, shoot him… Counterplay you know.

Kill them, shield them… Counterplay you know.

Mercy presses Q undoing a teamfight and becoming invincible. Counterplay? Not much.

2 Likes

For now…

5 Likes

If Mass Rez comes back,only Mercy mains will be happy about it. More people will leave the game for something else.

Let it go. Let Mass Rez stay in the past.

5 Likes

I have to ask you… were is the difference between wasding and not getting hit and just staying in the air and not getting hit?

There is only one difference.
The obvious fact that your bored if you wasd the entire time.

You could not do the same with the old Mercy. You would get little to no value from hiding with the old version.
The new version tells you quite obviously “Turn your brain off, i will do that for you”.

4 Likes

and thats why people usually ask for her to be reverted BEFORE she got invincibilty and start from there.

3 Likes

The same with old Mercy … Stun her, shoot her … Counterplay you know.
Counterplay.
Teamplay.

You know.

3 Likes

That’s wrong.
On average slightly more than 50% of the community would prefer Mass Res Mercy over Valkyrie Mercy.

2 Likes

and by “the community” you mean these forums that is full of Mercy players. no thanks. I haven’t heard a single streamer,YouTuber,even any of my friends say that she needs Mass Rez back. One of my friends even mains Mercy and he agrees that it was awful.

No

Only around 100 votes are from the Forum. The rest is from different sources like Discord servers and such.

Also, some YouTubers already said that they are for a revert back to Mass Res like Your Overwatch.

But i would like to know the reason why one of your Mercy main friends did not like Mass Res.

8 Likes

675 votes.

OW has millions of players so saying “more than 50% of the playerbase” wants Mass Rez back is blantantly wrong.

Because he agrees that it was overpowered and the least skilled ultimate to pull off, both pre-invuln buff and after it.

1 Like

Delusional

Ah yes, who could forget when Reaper could fly into my team at 30 m/s and instantly kill everyone with his ultimate.

3 Likes

Things that countered Mass Rez that people who weren’t narrow minded trash damage farming DPS players would do.

• One person would save Deathblossom/Grav/Earthshatter/Blizzard/Tactical Visor/Emp anticipating Rez

• Hook, Flashbang, Ice wall, Body block Mercy when attempting to rez

• Flankers flushed her out

Smart players already countered Mercy and that is why she was not a good choice in the high tiers. The idea that Rez had no counter is ridiculous.

15 Likes