Mercy Heal Beam Should Ramp Down

I like it! might need some tweaks, but even if switching around a lot allows you to pump out 70 hps it’ll be hard to keep switching in the heat of battle and keep someone actively getting attacked up while you’re switching.
Not to mention that moira and ana would still heal more.

1 Like

If we do the same for Sym I’ll allow it :rofl:

Honestly i wish they would remove rez too, it was super fun as an ult and not as bad as everyone says, but it sucks as an ability.
A random rez every 30 sec is unfun to play against and feels totally unearned, and the cooldown,5 min cast time, and root make it unfun to use. Theres no way to balance it and make it fun as an E ability, and removing it could add much needed room to her kit for more skillful and engaging abilities

1 Like

lol her amp up speed buff isnt even out yet!

2 Likes

I think its pretty good. Promotes a high speed mobile playstyle, which makes her more engaging, while reducing the effects of hard pocketing, something that is keeping her healing low.

1 Like

This would be a huge buff no matter how you look at it.

70 + 65 + 60 = 195, which means Mercy could heal the majority of the Heroes in 3 seconds.

To avoid further ramp down healing for tanks you could just rely on the other healer in the team to take over while you heal someone else to return to your 70 hp/s status.

In conclusion, this would instantly return Mercy to must pick status.

It’s a multi tiered buff.

Honestly one of the only mercy buffs ive seen that i liked.

Changes play style, makes her funner, pushes her back to being a decent solo heal. Works well with her highly mobile GA.

1 Like

I already suggested this idea multiple times that just got buried under. The only difference is the value, which can easily be tweaked :man_shrugging:

So I completely understand your idea.

1 Like

Why not just play Moira?

I actually love the idea of a “Halo” type ability. I think somebody made this idea that it places a halo over the targets head for the duration of a Zarya bubble and if they take fatal damage in that time, they will be healed instead. It’s a reversed res. Instead of bringing the target back from the dead, they a saved FROM death. This also adds a much appreciated skill cap to Mercy because it would need to be timed to be used properly, and it wouldn’t feel as cheesy because it isn’t just erasing a death, Mercy put in an effort to counter your kill in time.

1 Like

I think that was me!

I fixed my spelling errors… XD

But I actually love that idea. But can we still get rid of Valk while we’re at it?? :smiley:

Great idea but skill is forbidden from Mercys kit. Shes designed for children and thats most likely how blizzard is going to keep it.

/s (somewhat)

If there was anything I would like is that it doubles when out of combat to make healing tanks a little less frustrating*

I’m getting real tired of the widespread melancholic fueled sarcasm employed by inconsolable Mercy players. Desist. Don’t let perceived slights of the past inhibit current and future constructive discourse.

This is a mercy idea i can get behind, maybe numbers need slight tweaking but the concept seems cool.

1 Like

So btw, here’s a thought.

Do a heal boost, but it’s only active during and immediately after Mercy uses GA.

Since it seems like the goal here is to save teammates, usually this involves flying in first.

Also even if she isn’t moving it would make her use up a valuable cooldown.

Maybe it should ramp up instead?

Ramp up when not taking damage would be ideal for fixing “boring heals”.