Mercy, Fun VS Balance

Kinda feels like symmetra.

I feel like if making Mercy be Fun was such a high priority for the Mercy community, they would find a way to do it that doesn’t involve Multi-Rez.

I feel like if they added an “E” she would of been a lot more viable in higher ranks?

I agree with that but when her ult did work it had a huge impact, high risk high reward ult.

no.
VERY HIGH RISK.
if u feed twice a teamfight ult charge you lose the game, thats not high risk that’s legit suicide. you cant assure to win a fight and thus it’s rng like scatter.

You cant deny though that when it did work it had an impact can you tell me truthfully that the state shes in now her ult can provide an impact?

actually yes, i use it in teamfights and usually (unless i get highnooned) we get out of it with a 4 - 5 kills.
unlike zen u can dmg boost when fully healed and provide ult charge for your team.

he didnt mean pro mercy players as there are none, but rather that even in GM games you mercy players being told to hide before rezzing.
also there are various clips of GM mercy;s doing so.

added with that from bronze to masters mercy was Nr1 support and was dominant in each of those SR ranges. what do you think would happen.

I find her preety fun. Not the most fun in the game but preety fun.

But doesn’t damage boosting just tread onto Orisa’s ult?

unless u have an orisa, but orisa’ bango doesnt move, doesnt regen and doesnt heal, and doest shoot too.

The issue isnt her viability, as she was viable outside of when Ana was OP. The issue was that when she was played it was unhealthy.

Okay i just want someone to give me the reasons on why it was mass rez was unhealthy so far ive heard:

• It feeds enemy ults
  • Hide and Rez
  • She wasn’t viable

Whenever I suggest making her mechanically harder to play which makes playing her more challenging I never get greeted with nice comments :man_shrugging:

Got any links for that?

It’s kinda hard to find needles like that in the haystack.

Ohh god i’ll look around my old posts most of them got 404’d

Could you describe it simply, without getting to fancy about formatting/wording?

Mainly I don’t want Mercy to have to aim, like how symmetra’s beam was changed.

I want her beam to disconnect when she breaks los just like it breaks when there’s an object between her and the hero she’s healing/damage boosting after a set of time has passed.

That forces mercy players to keep track of the hero they’re healing/boosting while having a small amount of time to scan around for possible threats or an ally needing heals rather than simply healing someone and doing a full 180 with no punishment what so ever.

Also this is more of a rework although I don’t see it as a must need but i think it’s much better than mass-rez as i do enjoy Valk more and I believe it’s a much better ability (i think they should limit the hights she can reach on certain maps)

Limit her healing, it has a charge the staff overheats as you heal and it needs to cool down
Remove rez entirely from her kit and add a new ability which is over heals… basically it powers up your healing (i’m not sure what number would be best but lets say 90 hp/s) the downside of it, it overheats your staff faster. (She can also have a voice line when ever it starts overheating hence the enemy team knows when she might be down on heals)

This new ability can add to her game decision on when it has to be used and can be a huge way to distinguish between a good Mercy and a bad one.

The rework I’m suggesting is just something I think is better than mass-rez and more fun for both parties but I don’t believe it’s a must… the los thingy I actually would love seeing that added.

Well, it’s definitely a change, but dunno if the devs would go along with a total redesign.

That said, I was thinking of one Rez change:

• Instant Rez
  • Rezzed teammate is vulnerable from attack for 1.75sec during the glow animation
  • Rezzed teammates can be healed, Zarya bubbles, etc
  • If rezzed teammate dies within 3 seconds, they are put on their previous respawn timer.

Makes it so Rez is quick and fluid, but there’s still strong counterplay to a resurrect.
(As well as ways to counter that counterplay with teamwork).

Fair enough it was merely a suggestion not expecting much, tbh I don’t like rez at all as an ability or ultimate… league of legends made a similar ability but they made it so limited and not a mass rez it’s a single target rez but the thing is you have to use the ability on a hero before they die… there’s a time interval until the spell wares off. (The ability can be casted on the caster)

What this intially does that it creates a counter play… you have two choices you either ignore the hero that has that ability used on for the time interval or you burst them down wasting some of your resources and they’ll get rezed.
The champion is named Zilean if you’d like to read more about it.

“Hide n Res” counters itself. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like