Mercy: Face it Blizzard, Rez is simply too powerful to be a base ability

Single rez q would hardly be called an ultimate… even when mercy had mass rez she leaned towards being underpowered. Prework invincible mass rez jud had the unfortunate side effect of a bad gameplay but it was never op

Considering that Mercy was previously underpowered before with mass Resurrect, I’m going to give your suggestion a E for effort. It’s a no from me. :slight_smile:

Which is why Rez on Q needs a revamp. An example of this is needing a line of sight requirement, so Mercy can’t hide and rez.

Or introducing some singular Rez charges.

I hardly believe single Rez in Q could work. And about the gameplay, well those are bad habits from some people. Because people need to find a “way” for make a heroe accessible.

^ that’s what I’ve been saying in this thread. Single Rez with a line of sight requirements, will definitely work.

No it won’t. Single Resurrect as an ultimate will be way too underpowered if people are already starting to say that she is balanced now with Resurrect on a 30 second CD.

You were the one that said you wanted single rez q, and now you say you think it wouldnt work? Im kinda confused here

1 Like

Same. I’m like super confused.

1 Like

English not my native language, sorry if you got confused. I said single Rez will work.

It won’t work. :stuck_out_tongue:

It s fine. Im just trying to clear things up.
But the game already is at single rez. Cd rez is single rez, and it not only requires LoS it needs you to be in the direct vicinity. And it’s still not ‘working’

1 Like

Underpowered before the invulnerability buff, or after? Because Mercy was the highest picked healer a good month or two before her rework.

Before invulnerability. After invulnerability she started to become more viable.

Rework hype. Also, she’s always had a high pickrate because of sheer popularity and the fact that she’s pretty easy to play. Also, her and Ana we’re the only main healers at the time.

Before invulnerability she was terrible. After invulnerability she immediately started climbing through the pick rates until overtaking Ana a couple months later (as early as late May, actually). That in and of itself speaks to the problems around balancing mass rez.

People often frame the rework as something that took Mercy from being balanced to being overpowered, but the fact remains that she had a pretty dominant pick rate well before anyone even knew a rework was on the cards, and started her pick rate climb even before dive solidified as the meta. So the more realistic inferrence is that it took her from being “OP” to “stupidly OP”.

She’s always had a consistently high pickrate. If a hero gets buffed, you are obviously going to get more people playing her.

It was underpowered. Mercy only ever started to get decent after invulnerability.

I wouldn’t say dominant. Like I said, her pickrate has always been high because:

• She was the only main healer besides Ana

• She was extremely popular because of aesthetics

• She is pretty easy to play

Not at all. If she was OP pros would’ve taken advantage of that just like they did with reworked Mercy. They didn’t and played heroes like Zen, Lucio and Ana. She was underpowered and then became close to balanced after invulnerability. If Blizzard had given her damage reduction instead, she would’ve been balanced.

Before the invincibility buff most likely. But even in prework chances are mercy had the highest pickrate because the only other main healer ana was low tier. At higher ranks lucio and zen was the go to healer combo. Plus mercy was the only healer at the time that could remotely solo heal at lower levels

See, the ‘unhealthy terribleness that was mass rez’ is a sentiment that I do not agree with. I don’t think Mass res was bad, I think it was fine. I think the problem was that players simply didn’t like their big plays being ‘undone’, but in this era of OW with more and more CC, stuns, and damage flying all around, Mass Res would fit in perfectly. Can you imagine how awesome it would be to play Hammond and drop a minefield down on the enemy Mercy ressing a group of people? The chaos!

The problem is simply that people have an emotional, kneejerk reaction to thinking that their kill was ‘for nothing’. It wasn’t for nothing, it forced out her ultimate! And you can always have a Mercy on your team, Ressing you as well. It was balanced because there are plenty of other ults that have the ability to impact many characters, so it’s clearly not unfair in that sense. It doesn’t stun, cc, or otherwise stop YOU from doing anything, it doesn’t strip away your abilities like EMP or freeze you like Blizzard or insta-kill you like Meteor Strike and Tire. It WAS fair, people’s perceptions however were not.

4 Likes

Also,
Population:
Low rank players > high rank players

Mercy is the best choice for low ranks and low ranks basically populates most of the game.

Pick rate doesn’t determine the OPness of a hero unless it’s blatantly too high. There are other factors you need to take into consideration.

I AM LIVING FOR THIS COMMENT. This, THIS, is why she would fit just right in the game, in this state. However, not gonna lie, the invulnerability buff was hot garbage, maybe half of invulnerability would have been better for the health of the game, and maybe make the Res require LOS, but thats just what I think :slight_smile:

1 Like

Invuln WAS hot garbage, totally agree! I remember when they did that, most Mercy players were basically like ??? because it just… IDK, like, it did ‘help’ in the sense that you had a ‘crap don’t die!’ button, but realistically that just wasn’t fair. Really they just needed to make it a hair slower, and I mean a HAIR. the whole ‘stand here for a million years’ thing is garbage of the highest order. Self stun e_e.

1 Like