Mercy & Double-Standards

It wasn’t op. It was unhealthy for the game.

5 Likes

What’s flying out of some random corner then?

8 Likes

I remember exactly the same thread not so long ago. But no, mercy spammers aren’t a hivemind, and always have something original to say -_-

6 Likes

It is, quite literally, still hiding.

1 Like

A bird
A cloud
A plane

Because he is not invincible during his ultimate, he is allowed to hide. This is logic. He doesn’t have the privilege of being unstoppable during Death Blossom, like Mercy, and thus requires much more careful planning and positioning.

1 Like

Nonono it’s different because it doesn’t link that bad video!

1 Like

Sorry, but hiding in general is a big no, no as this statement from Jeff can be applied to those who use such a strategy:

“One, we think it’s wrong to tell a main damaging character to go of and hide somewhere and stop damaging for a short period of time”.

(Swapped healing for damaging)

3 Likes

Wanna hear something cool? You said the word “hide”’for both examples!

I mean Mercy hides,let’s her team die.And then rezzes.
Reaper goes in the backline,while his team is (probably)safe,and then jumps down and kills the enemy.

13 Likes

I thought it was a real statement, until I realized that you just twisted it to fit your own flawed headcanon. Sorry, You don’t have the right to put words in anyone else’s mouth.

As far as I am concerned, Kaplan never said that hiding as a DPS hero is wrong.

5 Likes

Changing the wording doesn’t change what it is, I’m afraid. Besides, Reaper acknowledged that it is hiding.

I’m sorry but are you assuming that said quote can only be applied to Mercy? That is a double standard lol.

And why would I think otherwise? You should be ashamed of yourself, tricking people into thinking that Kaplan said something that in reality he did not.

I repeat. As far as I am concerned, Kaplan never said that hiding as a DPS is wrong. STOP. PUTTING. WORDS. IN. HIS. MOUTH. Deal with it, or change main.

2 Likes

Firstly, because why would hiding and stop doing damage for example be alright but hiding and stop doing healing is not? Secondly, did you miss this part, or?

Ask that to Kaplan, not to me. I am merely calling you out on your shameful deceit.

Secondly, did you miss this part, or?

Yes, The part in which you tried to trick me into thinking that Kaplan agreed with your ideal, when in reality, he never alluded to anything of the sort.

I repeat. Deal. With. It. But for goodness’ sake, stop putting words in others’ mouth. Have some dignity.

2 Likes

There’s something known as;
Ultimate Management
Easy counter to Mass Res.

4 Likes

I think part of the reason is that everyone in the team can damage, too

The other reason is when it’s done. Mercy would stop healing in the midfight to hide. In my experience, flankers make their way to their spots during the setup/poke phase or right around when the team fight starts

7 Likes

I quite literally put in brackets that I swapped the words around. Deceit? Barely.

reaper is “hiding” to do more dmg that helps the team that can be behind something till u ult
mercy is hiding to get a rez and doesnt help the team w/ it

4 Likes