Mercy DOES NOT need a Rework

Your title and description don’t go together.
What you’re suggesting is a small rework, but still a rework. (Changing how valk works), and that’s good.

The problem is that res would also remain the most clunky feeling ability. I would rather res revive someone with 50% HP, than for it to remain with that awfully long cast time.

Mercy is a main healer for the entire team not a single persons sidekick.

Her support ultimate should be for the entire team. Do you even know how boring it is to stick to a Pharah or whoever else all game long? It should be encouraged to fly around with her and heal everyone and not boost a single player. Thats Mercys job as a main healer to keep the team alive and not just the carry.

What do you think about my idea then? Since I suggest something that no healer Ultimate can do. Healing single targets with a high H/s and boosting them with a strong (strongest so far) damageboost

I think the very best solution is just tie rez to Valkyrie.

Her ultimate once was ressurect why develepers refuse to tie it to valkyrie?

If rez was only available during valkyrie we could revert her 60 hps completely.

Then, if possible, give her insignificant E ability.

I mean something like:

• base kit 60 hps
  • insignificant E ability or more HPS during valkyrie (she was fine without E ability)
  • Rez (1 rez) only available during valkyrie 0,75 - 1 second castime
  • Valkyrie : chain healing 55 hps, direct beam 80 hps (juggling beam and prioritization is fun)

Wouldn’t everything be better this way? :C

1 Like

I want something more engaging for her to be IN the fight, not helping WITH the fight 50m in the air or around a wall. So I would prefer to have her long-ranged beams cut entirely for something more dangerous and rewarding.

People find pressing one button to heal the whole team boring. So switching between teammates to geal the ones who actually need it should be more fun

I’ll respond so you can respond to others. XD

I can understand your opinion. People don’t want to fly to Vallhalla while using Valk, people want to be active IN the fight. Yeah, that makes sense I guess. We could leave the “make the beam longer” part and try to find ideas of making it more engaging, unique and at the same time useful

How you gonna resuscitate someone still alive

I agree chargeable Resurrect is the best way to move forward, but there’s two problems:

1. If Resurrect was chargeable, should it not just be made an ultimate? Why charge two abilities when it can be made one?
  2. A developer posted on the forums a while ago and shot down chargeable Rez, saying it would be “too complicated to implement” (paraphrased, I can’t remember exact words).
    I personally think this a poor excuse, because Torbjorn had his scrap meter and in a sense that was chargeable.
1 Like

The thing with double res that made Mercy initially more enjoyable was the double resses forced you back INTO the fight while you were in the air, you HAD to come down to res or you weren’t getting a lot of value out of Valk. I wonder if there is a way to add something similar to Valk that requires Mercy to come down back into the fight? Maybe like a small damage reduction to teammates within her range? Like 10-15%? Risk/reward.

Well, Blizzard wants the heroes to have unique, important, gamechanging ultimates. Valkyrie is not fulfilling these requirements but a 1man rez would fullfill those requirements even less, wouldn’t it? And the Ultimate would need to charge pretty darn fast and would we even call it an Ultimate if it wasn’t really doing what it’s supposed to?

Well, I agree that Ress should be a chargeable ability, as long as it is instant. Even if it needed some other form of nerfing like only ressing people with 200 HP regardless of Max HP(so ressing tanks isn’t so oppressing). The problem with current Ress is that it has a very good reward, but the risk is also very high, too hard-to-be-enjoyable kind of hard.

I also like the removal of chain-beams. It preserves her status as a good solo-target healer and the fun aspect of her gameplay, that is deciding who to heal and when, while moving in the thick of the fight.

I however don’t enjoy the increase of the beam length because it, again contradicts her gameplay. I play Mercy because I want to take risks, thats what makes her fun. Current Valks removes that aspect of her.

I’m just gonna leave this here. Interpret it as you wish

You are correct, which is why one-man Rez should not become an ultimate.

Multiple Rez charges, or even an ultimate that fully heals your team in an area around you could work.

I think charging two things wouldn’t be such a problem because, how you said, Torb had to charge his armor packs, which were what bade their high Armor Value balanced. You don’t start with it, you get rewarded for good gameplay with it, and punished for not contributing by have part of your kit unavailable. What’s there not to like? Moira’s healing is just like that, if you waste/spam your healing without engaging in the fight, you will be denied your healing. It works.

I meant ressing someone and them having 50% HP instead of 100%

I don’t remember Torb charging his armor packs. I remember I couldn’t give any to my team unless I killed some people and picked up some gears, but that isn’t really charging.

Maybe keep the Beam same (15 meters) or only increase it to 20 meters while using Valk so the Mercy player is forced to stay in the Battle? Or make it so the Mercy cannot fly over 20 the meters radius from a player if she is healing them? Kinda like a dog not being able to run away from its owner lmao

I don’t think they meant it literally. You do have to charge the pack, because the packs aren’t just given to you on a cool down.