Mercy Damage Boost Rework Idea

Damage boost has always seemed a bit inconsistent to me, in that you are either buffing the lead dps and it seems OP, or the person you are buffing can’t hit the broad side of a barn and it is useless. I would rather Mercy have an ability that she could use at any time to help teammates, especially when they are at full health.

Idea:
Remove damage boost

Replace with:
Power Up!
-Targeted teammate charges their ultimate 50% faster. Applies to passive as well as active gains.

1 Like

50% would be a bit too much

But I like the idea

(Put 55hp/s while we’re at it, we need her to HEAL)

3 Likes

No. Damage boost is a core part of Mercy’s gameplay and I’d sooner they remove rez then remove damage boost.

Also…damage boost DOES increase ult charge of teammate’s, that’s how damage boosting works. It’s so great because it boosts their TTK and their ult gain by increasing their damage output.

10 Likes

The difference is that this would work on teammates’ passive charge rate as well, and would give more of a boost to ult charge at the expense of less damage dealt.

Which is just a bad idea. Again, Damage boost is a HUGE part of Mercy’s core gameplay. Removing it is a bad, bad idea. And to replace it with an ability that just passively boosts ult charge? That’s so boring, you realize that right? Why would I want to just hold right click on someone to watch their ult meter go up. That’d be the worst design choice they could make for Mercy, I’d be extremely turned off of this hero I love and main.

No thank you, I prefer having an ability that I actually have to actively use and time and that gives me the ability to impact a match and teamfights, not be a passive ult gen bot. Not mention we don’t need any more Ult Spam and ult charge was nerfed globally twice for a reason.

And removing damage boost removes any viability she has left, btw. All her synnergy with DPS that has made her a good pick for the past 4 years? Gone.

Geoff even said he wants to BUFF it, they wouldn’t remove it.

They could make it give speedboost or faster fire rate etc., or even have it boost ult charge passively as well, but replacing it entirely with passive ult boost is just a bad idea.

2 Likes

It would apply both passively AND actively:

Currently:
30% damage boost
30% ult charge boost (from damage)

With change:
0% damage boost
50% ult charge boost (from damage and other abilities)
50% ult charge boost (from passive charge rate)

Which is bad. I already explained that.

Idk why I’m bothering arguing, they’d never do such a bad change anyways.

1 Like

I don’t really see how this betters Mercy’s kit. As Ryan was saying, it’s a core part of her kit and removing it would just make her feel worse lol. Also keep in mind that your proposed change means that she would have next to no secondary form of ultimate gain. Damage boost is not where Mercy’s design flaws lie.

2 Likes

If you just wanted to flat buff damage boost, you could also do this:

30% damage buff (current)
Buffed damage charges ult twice as fast (60% equivalent buff)

Sigh

Here we go again with another rework thread…

No, damage boost is fine as is in my opinion. In fact, damage boost is one of my favourite abilities in the game and I wouldn’t want it changed in any way shape or form.

weird how speedboosting idea steps on lucios toes and firerate on Anas… Hmm Core question here is Mercys kit itself.

There´s heal itself and then DMG boosting.

Then rez that takes ages now.

and swoop in/superjump

Lastly there´s the valkyrie that´s free roam fly ability with chained healing/DMG boosting.

Now, what do you think MERCY needs in this kit? Alot ideas is to just buff healing and that´s it. Would it make Mercy more picked/played? Maybe, more heals in this kinda game is always nice.

But what you would change IN THE KIT ITSELF? Remove Rez and what mercy is left with? Bad heals and bluebeam DMG botting…?

Buff healing? Well, then she becomes even more of healing/Blue beaming bot

Hmmm

What if we remove damage boost and put it as an ultimate and increase it from 30% to 50%or60%

The ultimate be like :
Mercy hits her staff on the ground (exactly like her caduceus emote) then the damage boost beams comes out of the staff to the nearby teammates only (like valk) and then disappear quickly so mercy can move again and do healing or anything but the teammates who get the damage boost will get boost in their damage by 50%-60% for 6-8 sec

And adding a new ability similar to echo flight or valk flight so she can use both GA with teammates and the new ability that make her flight like echo and can be used without a teammate (for her own)’

And make the rez can be cancelled by pressing E again

And finally make her faster on swapping between her staff and pistol

If she got this changing then no need to buff her healing

She will be hard to kill because of her mobility but unlike moira you can kill her teammates because her healing isn’t that strong and that will be her weakness to not make her op and also a good hitscan and sombra can deal with her

I know that will make her more off support than main support but i think that better for her because if she be a main support then the moth meta will back and she will become op again then they will kill her again

Also they could buff or nerf some of things to balance her more

agreed. damage boost ult charge gain definitely need fixes though

This only emphasizes uly play and not performance. I’m all for a dmg boost buff. But it needs to reward the now . Not the future and not in a specific context of ults.

For example, I would love a.speed boost addition to emphasize “performance boost” in lieu of just dmg

I know they tried 50% DMG boost in the past but it was OP when paired with a McCree.

What about a 30% DMG boost and 30% attack speed boost? Might be interesting to test.

Ana doesnt buff fire rate though?

Thats an effective ~70% dps buff though 20 of each would be more balanced

what about buff , just like zarya bubble that make u ignore any type of cc for a limit of time. lets say like genji blade , buff him durction like 3secs , make him block any sleep dart, halt or whatever. the cd will be like for 10 sec. what do u say ?