Mercy compromise rework

Was talking with a resident mercy main (Macster) and we came up with this:

Rez:
AOE multi rez with 10m range, with the 1.75 sec cast time. Probably need line of sight, or some calculation so it’s not from behind walls.

Valk:
Minor heals from chain beams
No unstoppable regen
Rez doesn’t go on cooldown if the cast doesn’t complete
Faster flight speed
Faster GA speed

Would be higher reward, but higher risk.

2 Likes

Where’s the higher risk?

All I’m seeing is a more mobile ultimate with no regen and the current rez but AOE.

No super regen.
Low or no chain heal.

Would be harder to pull off a rez, but more rewarding.

Pretty cool,now she cant reverse team wipes with grav because of 1.75s cast time

Faster flight speed? I don’t think I want to revert back to her initial ordeal of being impossible to shoot out of the sky.

Besides that, she’s in a pretty good position with her strong healing & damage beam and slow flight that leaves her vulnerable to being shot out of the sky and forcing her to still play with cover. If anything, I would want to reduce her average healing to 40-50hps since, with such a high healing output, she discourages using Ana, who’s got 75hps, a slow fire rate, and even if she lands perfect shots, still struggles to compete with a hero with (practically) more healing that her, more mobility and more practicality.

Getting rid of her self-sustain but giving her greater mobility is not higher risk. Higher risk is leaving her self-sustain as is and not changing her mobility from how it currently is when Valk is activated.

With teamwork it would actually be quite simple to pull of 2/3 man Resurrect. Since that was normally how Mercy players used Mass Resurrect to begin with. It would just be an added bonus to have that AOE Resurrect again and have that “What a play button” back that we miss.

I mean the biggest risk is her being down multiple people? Also having to deal with a slow + a cast time. So I’m not sure what you mean by risk not being their LOL?

But… ok, so higher risk is Doomfist, Reaper, Reinhardt. They’re pretty much all in heroes, they might - occasionally - have a way of getting out of a bad situation (if Doomfist can survive for his CDs, if Reaper can wraith out, if Rein kills everything…)

What you’re suggesting is -not- higher risk. Higher risk is reducing her self-sustain and leaving her mobility as is while giving her the ability to rez multiple people with one cast. You’re also making it so the cast doesn’t go on CD if it doesn’t go off… you’re not putting more risk into the character, you’re just putting more reward.

What do you mean? So can every other hero have a cast time and a movement speed penalty of 1.75 seconds as well so I have room to counter their ultimate’s? Please… you actually have to be kidding me if you don’t think that wouldn’t be already hard enough to pull off lol.

Dude… every other hero ultimate has a -much- easier counter to it than Mercy’s ult. Mercy is still one of the strongest healers in the game, even with her current build, and the nerfs and rework haven’t hurt her pick rate or win rate. What you’re asking for is to create a Mercy with higher speed and mobility, with a much more forgiving rez that -also- rezzes multiple targets with the only penalty being a cast time.

I’ve been in enough games that the cast time and reduced move speed don’t matter too much unless Mercy is like, directly in front of someone who can stop it with one hit.

Plus, the solution just becomes for the Mercy to not take the risk if she can’t rez safely? Which is like… what most people do?

Keep rez going on CD if it doesn’t complete - add in the ability for her to cancel it to pop it onto a reduced CD (half of the normal CD).

Remove the higher self-sustain during Valk and leave her mobility and speed the way it is.

-That- is a higher RISK high reward hero.

1 Like

Lol, this is literally the idea you proposed.

Are you ok? I’m not sure what game you are playing but I think Mercy’s ultimate is one of the EASIEST ultimates to counter. Everyone is ok with Mercy just being present in a game and not having something that goes “Wow she did something game-changing”. That’s about all I get from the rest of your post. Sorry, I don’t like being the member of a group that’s holding up everyone else EVERY SINGLE TIME I play the game giving them the praise and me sitting in the back applauding what they’ve done. I play the game to have a moment of being impactful and swinging the fight in favour of my team. Not watching everyone else make plays.

Because we’ve learned and adapted to it. So I’m not sure what your point is? Just like Roadhog’s hook the players learned and adapted to his changes. Like ok?

This doesn’t even coincide with what OP was telling you? When your teammates die while you are flying around in Valkyrie there isn’t much you can do besides fly back to spawn so you want to make a last desperate attempt to save them even if the odds aren’t in your favour in pulling it off ie. The big play.

I’ll pass. If you are risking going for a Resurrect you go for a Resurrect. Just how Reinhardt can’t cancel out of his charge if he didn’t feel like going all the way through with it.

He was saying that it would be hard to counter lol… Like a Mercy that doesn’t get regen and is flying right infront of your face can’t be countered.

Idk about multi rez in this meta. That would break the game with all the improvements to mercy she will go back to being the only main healer again.

Rewarding bad play is just a bad mechanic, and it is just going to be the same as it used to be, and we will just get told to die in a pile for rez like we used to and that was NOT FUN. We had to die to win, my deaths per 10m are still feeling the effects of mercy metas. As a tank player, I need my game experience to be not dying and getting farmed 2 lives in a row. I hated it back then with multi rez even when it wasnt “Too good” but it was just not a fun mechanic. We have something in between right now. But we can do better than reverting it.