Mercy change idea

Heres a better one

Resurrect reverted back to an ultimate

Resurrect

• Resurrect (up to five people) has a 1.75 second cast time.
  • Requires LOS to use resurrect (e.g can’t use resurrect through walls).
  • Charge rate slightly decreased.
  • If you stop using your main functions as mercy, whether it be healing or damage boosting, for a certain amount of time, resurrect’s ult charge will decay very slowly.
  • Invulnerable after using resurrect.

Valkyrie

• 5-second ability that lets you fly and splits the healing/damage boost beam into 2 (healing/damage boost rate is not changed).

• 30 second CD.

• regain rate increased to 20HP per second.

Mercy

• Keep bunny hop.
OP: Feel free to call out any inconsistencies or make your own suggestions 😀
3 Likes

People already hate Mercy’s mobility. Valk on E will just make it worse.

Not to mention how hard it will be to rez with a 1.75 cast time.

5 Likes

Isn’t 1.75 seconds the time it takes to pull of a resurrect in live servers atm?

I’d be fine if Valk was just “5-second ability that lets you fly”, unlimited blaster clipsize and maybe faster GA, and none of the other benefits.

Yeah. I mean… Does Mercy really need unlimited ammunition and fast 3D mobility? XD

1 Like

1.75 cast time is fine for a cooldown ability used in the beginning of the fight to deny the opening pick while your team protects you.

1.75 cast time is not ok for a medium charge rate ult used after the fight is lost 1v6.

7 Likes

Yes but if pulled off, it punished the enemy team for bad gameplay and could change the entire course of a fight. An ult as impactful as resurrect shouldn’t be easy to pull off.

Ok great point there!

But making rez an ult once again will make her just a heal / damage boost bot people hate. Now she has to evaluate risk and reward of stopping healling / damageboosting and going for a rez.

Nah, they are mostly just fun abilities.

What I don’t want is for Mercy to be in her current situation where she has too much utility, but also high heals and high survival.

Off healers have high utility, and low heals.
Ana has high utility, and low survival.

Mercy shouldn’t have all three.

1 Like

Correct me if I’m wrong but most people would rather have a healing/damage boost bot rather than a res bot. I mean Mercy is a main healer so her being a healing/damage bot shouldn’t be all that shocking.

This would be too op. Why pick Moira or Ana when Mercy is pretty much guaranteed to survive and heal.

Also, many Mercy mains I’ve seen hate any form of rez with a cast time.

Yeah, I know. I wasn’t being sarcastic :slight_smile: .

I ment she will have less options what to do during a fight.

And she isn’t a rez bot in any shape or form. There is a 30 second cooldown on it.

Miss me with that nonsense. The only reason rez works now with one teammate dead is because you can use walls and your teammates for protection. If your team can’t protect you because they’re dead and you can’t even use positioning to protect yourself, then what do you have? A suicide button.
Making an ability useless in almost every situation regardless of the player’s skill level is not ‘difficult to use,’ it’s just useless.

Yeah we tried the whole ‘overpowered standard ability offset by a ridiculous cooldown’ thing. It didn’t work. And tbh considering how trash you plan on making her ult, you might as well make the E ability something that’s at least useful in midfights.

2 Likes

Doesn’t having resurrect on a short CD make her a res bot? She has the ability to revive a single teammate every 30 seconds.

30 seconds.

Short cooldown.

You ok there?

1 Like

Mass rez is never returning. Blizzard doesnt like it and neither does much of the playerbase.

Just because your teammates are dead doesn’t mean you can longer use walls for protections whilst ressing. Also, Usually, Mercy is tempo ressing so she’d still have the protection of her teammates. Also, regarding my suggestion of an e-ability being trash, isn’t the ability the fly whilst healing multiple teammates at once useful mid-fights?

I dont think Mercy needs any more mobility. Maybe some kind of launch/double jump thing with a 10 second CD or so but nothing more. Mercy needs weaknesses just like other characters.
Otherwise I agree to put rez back on her ult even if 1.75 seconds cast time is a bit long for multi rez. Lucio and Reinhardt dont have that much of a cast time and still get disrupted quite often.

1 Like

Was in a match a bit ago today and we were talking about Mercy and different ways to replace her Resurrect.

1: remove res and replace it with respawn instant res 15s cool down.

2: remove both current res and Valk ult. Replace valk ult with team spawn intant res and put Valk on E with a cool down of 15 seconds and durration of 20 seconds. goes on cooldown when ability ends.