Mercy can't take any more nerfs

Too bad, she’s the only consistent healer in the game.

cause, there are left only:

• burst healers
  • off healers

And Mercy is the only consistent healer

1 Like

Mercy is the scapegoat of this crap meta.

Many players complain about her, despite her being in a good place.
On the other hand many of her counters are not viable.

I remember in past it was a common sense to focus her when she was resurrecting someone.
Now with this shield meta( with Spamzo, and Stungitte), any attempt to focus someone is ruined.

So the only way to win is to overspam the enemy team.

1 Like

Then we are back to a mercy who can only offer low healing/ normal damage boosting for the team until she gets her ult, which she wouldn’t use until someone died, which is back to square one.

So you’re suggesting 50hps, with a 1.75 sec cast time on res, on ult only, which charges 17% slower on average now, and even then is an ehh ult for a support. This is awful tbh.

instantaneous rez. also where did i suggest 50hps

Erm, nope. Not only was Mass Resurrect, despite the flaws in the way Blizzard tried making it more viable, better for the game as a whole, Resurrect in itself is a core part of Mercy. It fits her angelic theme, and her merchandise pretty much revolves around it.

1 Like

You said

Meaning in addition to the ptr nerfs too. If not, then please clear that up.
But then we are right back to where we started.
Mercy heals/damage boosts.
Gets ult.
Uses it only for ressurecting.
And the devs have stated that they don’t want that sort of gameplay for her.

Edit: basically they didn’t want mercy to be using ult only for res, and this is what that change would make people do. Not to mention the whole point was to give counter play to res, and having it be instant again would lead to the same problems we had half a year ago in the mercy meta.

Because, as I said, rez is 1/3 Mercy’s identity, 100% her focus together with the “Heroes never die!” voice line which can’t fit with valk at all, it appears in her lore (rezzed Genji), around almost 1/2 of all her sprays, poses, potgs, real statues (OWL’s), it’s the main reason of why she is so well known in and out of the game (as you explained) being an advertising claim.

However, valk is nothing but an ez mode pro simulator that does all her hard work for free without any skill (she can replicate its effects with some skill) and removes all her weaknesses too. It’s a dark strain in her kit, and should be removed as it was in the past. E rez must be removed, but rez can’t be entirely removed, it must be her ult.

Insanity is making the same mistakes over and over again especting different results

This is the 11th time we try the nerf solution and this is the 11th time that nothing different happens. Do you really think that we should keep this dumb way? I’ll tell you. No nerf will do anything but making Mercy more annoying to play. You will only achieve one of these results with each nerf:
1- She remains the same.
2- She dies.
Since her design is just bad, there is no mid point.

No, she doesn’t need more stupid and pointless nerfs to a flawed design. Her problem is not balance, it’s beyond that. Her problem is how her E and Q have been designed, and there are only two options in this case: revert or rework. Choose one.

P.S.: Yeah, I know what Blizz said about the revert thing, but I didn’t say what I want.

4 Likes

Her problem is balance, what are you even saying? She has literally no weaknesses other than low damage output.

They need to just scrap current mercy by removing lock on healing beams, removing rez, and removing a 2 second mobility ability that allows her to fly to pretty much anywhere a teammate is.

I’m sorry, but mercy will literally never be balanced if her basic kit stays the same. Unless they make the healing beam like 10hps, but that would just be dumb.

Jeff begs to differ.
I don’t really care though, every nerf to Mercy is an indirect buff to L U C I O.

That’s like saying give tracer a rifle, 200 health, and take away blink and recall.
The disregard for the people who enjoy that character you propose changes for is borderline ignorant.
She has as many exploitable weaknesses as any other hero. You claiming she “literally has no weaknesses” is jus lt pure, unadulterated bias.
Yes, she is a problem at the moment, with a res every 30 seconds and an auto pilot ult.
But trying to change her entire identity because you personally feel like she has “no weaknesses” is ridiculous.
Her basic kit wasn’t the problem. Otherwise she would’ve been S tier since launch.
Res and valkyrie are the only thing that need changes.

2 Likes

I suggest we nerf her healing to 10 HPS, buff her gun fire rate and her damage per bullet, remove rezz completely and tag her as a DPS hero with a flying ultimate since that’s all shes good for anymore

1 Like

Yep, and she has no weakness and is so strong thanks to how valk has been designed and how E rez has been designed. Her problem is her design, not her balance. You can’t do anything for balancing her as long as her ult is valk and her E ability is rez.

And no, she doesn’t need any of those stupid nerfs because you will only destroy her or don’t change a thing. Please, be sane. Also, funny thing, everyone was saying “she is fine and balanced” just a few months ago. Now, suddenly she is op again without anything being changed. Why? Because she is bad design, that simple.

She doesn’t need more stupid nerfs. She needs her ult and her E being removed for good (just as they were before game’s release), her rez being placed as her ult somehow and a new and real E ability. Then, she will be balanced, or easily balanceable.

Finally, remember this. Mercy is a mobile and consistent strong single target support and her signature is her rez. You can change whatever you want (however, the change must be sensible) and remove anything that doesn’t fit with this description. Just some hints:
1- Immobility has no place in her kit.
2- Aoe healing/boosting is not her thing.

2 Likes

This is what she needs.

This is what you personally want for her.

Don’t get the two twisted.

I already explained why rez can’t be removed. You personally want it gone, but that’s your personal opinion and it has no base at all, so…

You should read better before trying to argue.

1 Like

And your explanation of why Rez can’t be removed is, likewise, an opinion. Unless you can give me a compelling reason why thematics should come before balance in a competitive game.

Put “Heroes never die” as an unlockable voiceline if the community cares about it that much. Mercy having Rez is not compulsory.

I have full faith that res as an ult can be balanced.
Typically with games like this, drastic reworks should be a last resort type of deal.
If heroes keep getting drastic changes, it’s going to make people quit, or at the very least question the balance team’s quality.
Let’s avoid incredibly drastic changes unless there isn’t an option

The devs have yet to show the community a version of Rez that was balanced, and they’ve had since beta. They are consistently inept at balancing Rez not only as its own ability, but in the context of Mercy’s kit as a whole.

In beta it was way too strong (essentially map wide), bad when it was suicide-rez, degenerative when it got invuln, and objectively OP now.

Frankly, I’m tired of waiting. An ability that breaks the game should get the axe, thematics be damned.

1 Like

I understand your frustration, but have patience :heart:
If we got a mass res with…
Damage reduction instead of invul and a cast time similar to Lucio’s (“Heroes never die!”, cool animation that lasts 1 or 1.x seconds, then res)
Line of sight checks
An e ability (hold to fly into the air, like pharah’s ability)
60hps

Sorry but at this point it’s utterly clear that you didn’t read or you dgaf. Your argument seems as good as wanting it removed because yes.

Rez is 1/3 her identity, 100% her signature, appears in her lore (Genji was rezzed, nice opinion, isn’t it?), it appears in almost 1/2 of her sprays, potgs, poses and even real statues (and this is another opinion, of course xD), it’s also the main reason of why she is so well known in and out of the game and an advertising claim.

Also, I don’t want rez as an E ability, exactly because of balance reasons and design reasons. It’s unbalanceable and contradicts her. However, as an ultimate it was somehow balanced and it countered stupid players who didn’t know how to focus. Yeah, very powerful, whatever you want. You know why mass rez was so powerful? Because of no E ability. So the solution is stupidly easy. Add her a real E ability and then you could remove power from mass rez.

Finally, any problem with hide and rez? Don’t be worry, according to even the pros, hide and rez was “only a bunch of Mercys hiding” and "a matter of her broken SR system ", nothing else. The vast majority of the playerbase played her different, way more engaging than what she is right now (unengaging af), and used her rez for tempo rezzes when it was necessary, not just when the cooldown allowed it.

Originally, Mercy’s ult was valkirie and it was so terrible that they had to remove it and replace it by mass rez. Then they removed its stationary mode (surprise, we have them both again) and made it instant. As I’ve said, her problem was her lack of mid game utility that forced all her power to be concentrated in her ult. That made her somewhat balanced, but not for all ranks.

1 Like

Just here to clarify: rez isn’t canon. Genji ALMOST died. Mercy saved him from the brink. She can’t bring people back from death. Scatter was in hanzo’s cinematic and was so much of his power that it was a meme and it was still removed. Reaper had souls that were a spray and they were removed