Mercy can't res in Experimental (CONSOLE)

Back in 2017 when Mercy got her rework, the key for her ressurect ability was set on her secondary fire for console only.

It seems to be an issue for the recent experimental patch that allows Mercy to cancel her ressurect by pressing her secondary fire, as it cancels immediately after pressing the button for ressurect.

As an extra, her secondary fire is also bound to her angelic descent passive on console, making it two abilities bound to the same button, which has also caused trouble in the past.

5 Likes

On console, secondary fire and ressurect is the same button no matter how you change the mapping. Because of how button mapping on console is very limited, so in the new experimental mode. Ressurect is always immediately cancelled.

The work-around for now, is to hold down the resurrect button… BEFORE, you move into range… Hold it down, keep holding it down while moving into range. And keep it pressed untill the resurrect is completed.

1 Like

Hiya folks,

Earlier this evening we released a hotfix addressing this issue.

Apologies for anyone who had a negative experience due to it, and thank you for your reports.

4 Likes

Thanks to the team and you for letting us now, Andy. :slight_smile:

Thanks for this hotfix, as now Res is indeed back. However when you cancel it you don’t get back half the cool down. The cool down timing is the same whether you complete the res or not :frowning:

Ignore me, I’ve just read the additional patch notes. Thanks for the quick turnaround, and this patch it great btw.

AndyB thank you! You’re a saint.

I don’t know about you but angelic descent being on the same button as rez has always been useful for me. I can just gracefully fall and rez starts as soon as I get close to the soul. By the time I’ve hit the ground my teammate is alive and I can get out of there.

Many of my friends have said it made them rez by accident when they just wanted to activate angelic descent, it personally doesn’t happen to me as I have jump on L1 and rez on triangle but yeah