Mercy Buff Suggestion

Reduce cooldown of Resurrect by 1s for every 150 hp healed.

Which means the better she plays, the more faster she can pop off resurrects by keeping her team alive and getting the maximum healing output done.

This will be an extremely rewarding playstyle. The better you play the better the hero becomes. If you solo pocket a team mate you are not going to be as effective as switching to people that need help.

Edit: Some useful info

Mercy heals 50 hp per second
Resurrect has a 30s cool down

Takes 3s to reduce Cooldown by 1s.
If she heals 150hp nonstop she would need to heal 2,250 hp to reduce it by 15s.

Practically speaking in normal combat it would reduce Resurrect by 5s.
This buff helps her Valkyrie be much more impactful as she can heal multiple people at once.

3 Likes

So you want Resurrect to be an ultimate

It takes 3s to heal 150 hp.

And there is not always 150 damage nearby to heal off of.

I wouldn’t want a cooldown reduction really, or we run the risk of rez getting used too often. Especially because it doesn’t take long for mercy to heal 150hp.

I do like the sentiment though (rewarding mercy for better play). I would prefer a cast time reduction over a cooldown reduction, but I don’t think she needs it really. I’d actually rather they pull some power away from her rez, and redistribute it somewhere else in her kit.

3 Likes

I’m sorry, kind sir, but we here at Blizzard overheard you talking about NERFING Mercy. We heard nerf Mercy, change our minds. Thank you for your feedback, we’ll be NERFING Mercy for the hundredth time. Cheers.

-Removed Mercy from the game.

1 Like

Mercy heals 50 hp per second
Resurrect has a 30s cool down

Takes 3s to reduce Cooldown by 1s.
If she heals 150hp nonstop she would need to heal 2,250 hp to reduce it by 15s.

Practically speaking in normal combat it would reduce Resurrect by 5s.
This buff helps her Valkyrie be much more impactful as she can heal multiple people at once.

Mercy needs more power that’s independent of Resurrect… not less.

In my opinion, she needs something like this set of changes.

Your healing changes would make mercy a must pick considering how much healing she can do with those changes.

Most importantly
Zenyatta \ Moria \ S76 do not have “Burst heals”
Moria is still a channeled heal, just with multiple healing options.

Only True Burst heal is Brigette and Baptiste and Ana.

It still seems too much for her to reduce the cooldown on her ability to bring people back from the dead. That aside, I just personally don’t want more of her value tied up in rez. I’d rather give her something else to play with. Just my personal opinion there.

An ability that charges much faster if you deal a lot of healing…

Did you mean “Ultimate ability”?

Except. Ultimate ability charges faster also based on how much damage you do, and how many kill confirmations you get.

So. No.

+15 HP every 1.5s assuming you use GA on CD… how is that game breaking?

The other heal I add is an either or on Resurrect. Either you can use Resurrect or that heal… not both.

So… what I said was “either apply a burst heal or increase their HPs temporarily”. Moira throwing her heal orb boosts her healing output from 80 to 155. That is a temporary increase in her HPS.

Also… S76? Soldier 76? Who isn’t even a healer? Really?

Most people are not aware but S76 has the ability to heal is team mates at 40hp/s which is more than Zenyantta and just 10 hp less than Lucio when he uses Amp it up.

I am well aware that Bio Field exists… let me quote what I said again with the relevant piece bolded…

“Nearly every single healer in the game has a way to either apply a burst heal or increase their HPs temporarily.”

Soldier 76 has never been classified as a healer by anyone.

ALSO, Soldier doesn’t even break what I said. Without the use of cool downs, he has a base HPs of 0. Push E which plops down the 40 HPs pod… which temporarily increases his HPs.