Mercy buff speculation?

I’ve got leaks for the next PTR update !!!

Mercy :

• Resurrect cooldown decreased from 30 to 28 seconds

Seems neat, I look forward for this Mercy buff

4 Likes

Thing is even if she has the best healing, thats all she has and she should be miles above the rest if thats all she can do.

Even with her damage amplified and damage from herself, shes still contributing less damage than all the other supports.

When you look at just healing sure shes one of the best. But when you look overall shes one of the worst.

She has the best healing but nothing else really.

All the other supports have not as high healing but way more damage and utility making the average benefit pretty low for Mercy.

2 Likes

I strongly disagree with everything you’re saying x)

It’s really not. She has the best mobility in the game and she also has some utility with Rez and Damage boost.
Moira ONLY has healing.

Damage boost is very different from dealing damage yourself. If you really want to compare both I think it does less than Zen or Moira DPS BUT it does more than Ana and Lucio DPS.
You allow your teammates to kill targets in 2 rockets instead of 1, or One shot with Ashe instead of 2shot Etc
So it’s not useless.

Even by just looking at her healing she’s the worst. She has less healing than Moira, Ana and Baptiste. She has the worst healing of the Main heals.

Overall what makes her really bad is Rez as an ability which is impossible to balance so they have to make her whole kit bad to compensate. But compensation is not balanced so yeah.

Ana has higher healing, more utility, but not as much Damage I’d say. Moira has way more healing, way more damage but no utility whatsoever (and Moira’s pickrate is even lower than Mercy x))

The thing is, when she had 60hps, you could compensate the lower healing than Ana and Moira with Rez and Mobility and everything, and even with 60 HPS Mercy would’ve been horrible with Goats. With 50hps, you just can’t compensate the lack of burst heal and you can’t keep anyone alive, you’re juste very powerless overall ˆˆ

Hmm, I suspect they are going to wait for the current changes to go live and see what happens, but I predict nerfs are more likely in her future. She’s already in a really good spot and the meta doesn’t even favor her.

Buff? Nah, sorry but they said multiple times she was fine and still nerfed her indirectly or directly. I expect more nerfs. If they buff this trash rework design then that’s just another slap in the face and asking for trouble again. If anything they need to rethink how her kit should be.

So, what I’d love is for her to get a mini rework akin to this one

However as TheSheriff indicated, if she gets a buff, it’ll probably be on damage boost.

Damage boost as it is right now is actually rather pathetic. The problem it has is that it breaks when it is strong enough to do the one thing it (should be) good at. That being pushing certain heroes over break points vs 200 HP heroes.

They’re looking at buffing it via adding extra effects to the blue beam. Like say… idk +5-10% movespeed. 10% faster reload. Faster CD recovery. You get my point. Obviously I have no idea what if any of those effects would get added.

I mean… 4 days ago Geoff stated that they are thinking about buffing Mercy.

1 Like

Not quite sure what you mean by that.

Her damage boost is really good and balanced, it has strong points and bad points. It can help a lot of heroes and it’s a bit useless on others.
It’s also the only good thing on her ult.

Also, Adding a CD decrease would be the worst idea ever. You shouldn’t mess with CD in OW.

Yeah and he said that her healing output was higher than the other healers. Which is not true. Moira has higher hps and Mercy only has more healing than Ana because she’s played along with her and the grenade makes Mercy’s healing number sky rocket especially in Valk.
I just fear that they’ll buff something they shouldn’t just like they did with Reaper, Junkrat, McCree (fth last patch) etc

It is good on Sentry Bastion, Ashe, Widow, Pharah, and that’s it. On everyone else it is nearly useless. I don’t know how that stacks up to being really good… but whatever.

Valkyrie is terrible, so that’s not saying much.

I would love this idea. It adds a slight amout of skill with a burst heal as well. What benefit could it receive in valk tho?

I’m pretty sure that he’s going off of average healing per game. Overbuff shows that Moira barely edges Mercy out but if you have all the data and not just people with public profiles, that could flip flop.

Now I personally think that is the worst possible metric you could use for balancing… but… yeah.

It’s very good with Winston, Orisa (if you have one), Roadhog (when he hooks someone quickly boost him to make sure he OS), Junkrat is good with damage boost as well, Genji likes a boost when he’s blading, Hanzo is not a bad target to damage boost either etc
There’s more than 4 characters than benefit from damage boost.

It is, I’m not trying to say differently, but the reason Valkyrie is not the worst ult in the game is because Damage boost AOE is good.

I’m pretty sure if we could have the average healing of Ana Moira and Mercy just for the higher ranks, Ana and Moira would be over Mercy.
Just because in lower ranks Anas can’t aim and Moiras don’t really know how to manage their healing.

I am playing between high master and GM and I also have an account mid/high diams. In all of these ranks I have more healing than any Mercy as Ana and Moira and when I play Mercy I have less healing than them (except diams Anas which sometimes still can’t aim) because you just don’t use Mercy for her healing anymore.
That’s kinda like saying Lucio has a huge healing number, yeah but it doesn’t matter.

Also the fact that Mercy has no burst heal makes her healing less worth than Ana and Moira’s.

I would be happy with 55 HPS and instant Rez in Valkyrie.

It’s really not asking for much… Valk needs something to feel like an Ultimate again.

Just one. No recharge. Or even just remove the damn slow.

1 Like

Not really. 18 DPS is not a huge amount. The only reason you’re gonna boost Winston is because he’s in close quarters and you need to be able to swap back to healing quickly.

Orisa used to be a fantastic boost target vs armor… before the global armor nerf. Now it’s just kinda meh to boost her. 39.6 DPS is alright, but you can still get more with your pistol.

Gives junkrat 55 DPs. Blaster is still better. Also it doesn’t help out with his break points.

Hanzo is a similar story to Junkrat. It used to be fantastic before his storm arrows got nerfed to 70 because 80 damage * 1.3 * 2 = 208… but yeah.

I did forget about Hog and Genji in blade. I also actually forgot about Reaper.

Yep.

That’s why I said that global healing per game averages are a terrible metric to use to make balancing decisions.

She doesn’t need any buffs.

I’d say nothing crazy, probably small benefits during Valk. (faster fire rate/faster reload speed/etc…)

Agreed 100%, Mercy right now doesn’t need more.

1 Like

More ult charge for damage boosted.

She does have the slow during rez in valk.

I’m just going to point out real quick that he wants to specifically buff damage boost, if that.

I wouldn’t expect new mechanics.

1 Like

Give mercys gun the same fire rate as bunny blaster during valk
give her instant rez in valk