Mercy, both 50hps and 60hps

I honestly wouldn’t mind this. That way Winston can still do his thing without people freaking out, and it doesn’t feel like garbage when healing your teammates outside of a fight.

1 Like

That’s why they pay me the big bucks. These forums aren’t going to meme themselves.

2 Likes

Thank you for not being a jerk over this. I’m tired of getting treated like garbage because a hero I loved is a bit too weak now.

7 Likes

Let’s keep it at 50HP/S but Mercy can dual wield both beams at the same time?

3 Likes

I don’t know. That’s getting a little on the op side. Valkyrie would become… Something else. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

No worries, my “bias” if you could call it one, is as many heroes viable as possible.

We’re getting pretty close to that.
Stuff grey is thinking about

2 Likes

I mean she is an off support might as well make her act like one too.

make mercies beams work like syms primary where it ramps up over time if you stick to 1 target.

healing: 45-60-75
damage: 25-35-45

She… Sometimes is and sometimes isn’t in my experience. Sometimes she’s able to solo heal (though rarely), but usually another support is needed or you need to switch off of her. She’s so wonky.

I actually despise this iteration of Mercy with a burning passion. It’s just bad.

7 Likes

And all those other minimum damage buffs,addition of Hammond and infinite stealth sombra.

a lot of indirect nerfs to mercy on top of her nerf to her healing.

its why she cant really keep anything alive or really do anything of substantial value like the other main healers can atm.

Must mean it’s gonna get posted on the PTR soon then.

ORRR

We bump it back to 60 and remove chain healing from Valk?

1 Like

I do too, and it really is. I don’t think anyone actually liked this rework.

BUT I guess on the plus side if they mess up mercy again they’ll be forced to consider a new rework to finally fix this mess :man_shrugging:

1 Like

just do 45,1337hp/s but with a pendulum passive that swings from +5,69 to -5,69

then, make it so Mercy has to biuld 100 stacks, each stack provides 0,1 hp/s, crouching once gives 1 stack, and dying reduces stacks by 50%

now everyone should be happy, you can hank me later

To be honest, it feels like a lot of Mercy posters are deliberately not working on ideas for a fun/viable version of the current iteration of Mercy.

As if antagonizing the devs is preferable to showing them how to tweak their existing design.

Some of this is also a case of the user in question being aware of how the numbers look and as a result pushing for changes that will annoy him less than the other potential changes might go.

If you think a character you dislike is going to get buffed spamming threads for buffs that would annoy you less than other possibilities is one way you can potentially influence how things go.

Fixed that for you Macster! :wink:

Also, why doesn’t anyone like my idea of giving Mercy Deflect?! We could combine it with your idea for her dual wielding! It’s perfect!

1 Like

Here’s the REEEAAAALLLLLLY big problem with Mercys beam ramping up over time: it actually lowers her skill ceiling, and encourages her to focus on pocketing and not swapping targets and not switch between amp/heal nearly as much, and as a consequence also encourages not healing/amping other members on her team, not maximizing her beams flexibility, and leaving something like spot healing to someone else like Moira/Ana who spot heals better for more and isn’t punished in efficiency but rather punished in resource or reload time for doing so. Thats in so many ways in the same spirit of why she got reworked in the first place and adds even more burden on the other supports to fill the gaps she leaves open when she is supposed to be the gap filler.

If you have her beam ramp up the longer she stays on healing, it punishes the frequent and very brief swaps to Amp right before damage projectiles land or right before Widow takes the shot that make aware and active Mercys better. If you have her ramp up the longer her beam is on anyone, it discourages leaving the team death ball (a comp she kind of sucks in anyway) meaning using her mobility to heal people in the air or away from the team trying to get vertical advantage or high ground advantages (snipers) is punishing her healing for simply doing her job. If you make it ramp up the longer your beam is on a single person period, Amp or otherwise,it discourages bouncing between targets to try to keep everyone topped up or using her steady reliable healing to spread healing by bouncing through targets to try to proactively prevent trash damage picks or get everyone above one shot range before topping off after the team takes a load of splash damage.

No matter what situation you look at, a ramping up beam encourages focusing on maximizing her effect at the cost of her flexibility which consequently lowers her adaptability to what ever needs to happen at a split second, which IS part of her utility and her strength. Also, she is meant to be steady and reliable single target which gives her plenty of ways to modify her play style on the fly to squeeze value out of her otherwise straight forward and very limited impact kit.

Consequently the other issue with her ramping up is that she WILL be looked at balance consideration wise based on what she does while her beam is maxed, not what she does in reality when played properly. One need not look further than Mass Rez and how that was abused to exploit SR gains despite hide and Rez losing more fights than winning, and being inferior to tempo Rezing.