Mercy at 50hps is not a main healer

Idk about you, to me it was very VERY noticable. I swapped to Moira almost every time I would go mercy in the previous patch simply because there werent enough heals.

19 Likes

Idk how you play Mercy, but even with this update, I have always had gold healing. Also, since they’re sticking to the rework, this now gives a nice triangle to the 3 main healers. It sucks, but makes sense.

Moira is big heals.

Ana is utility.

Mercy is survivability.

They each trade off something essential for something the other healers are strong at. She is more situational. As all 3 of them should be.

18 Likes

Well, I think the general idea is that Mercy only heals on a consistent basis while Moira and Ana can offer damage and bio-nade. I can see the mindset that the dedicated healer should be the best healer.

4 Likes

I dont know… I played mercy a couple times and still heal in the 10-14k range.

5 Likes

I dunno, I already pick Moira with tank-heavy comps, and with the more dps-oriented ones I didn’t really notice a difference. Haven’t played comp though…

1 Like

Mercy has ress…

+1

It really shows when you try to do frontline heals. People die more under fire. It’s not that she is unplayable, but now I have to consider if rez is actually worth it.

4 Likes

Yeah but you also get the dmg boost on mercy, rez and basically a get out of jail card lol

1 Like

Mercy opinions all over the place.

8 Likes

I felt the difference immediately

You can definitely see and feel the effects of this nerf while healing

But yeah it feels more drained of fun because you struggle to do the only job mercy can really do :woman_shrugging:t2:

13 Likes

Good! Now she’s more in line with the rest of the roster.

9 Likes

Hey, I don’t really care either way. Take this up with the OP lol. I’m tired of this Mercy situation.

You already know my opinion on this one. XD It made no difference for my Mercy playstyle.

Personaly I would much rather stay alive than have a situational extra revive every 30 seconds. I might be wrong though idk. Maybe mercy is still very good but makes Zen or Lucio (or a secondary healer in general) mandatory to help her heal.

4 Likes

That she does. But you don’t use rez as often as you heal.

I agree it feels different - which is the intention of a nerf.

I don’t agree that she’s not a main healer. She’s totally a main healer to me still. She still dishes out consistent heals, can switch immediately and can still resurrect her teammates.

Still am having fun as Mercy :smile: I’m sorry that you aren’t.

5 Likes

You can rez people,you do have to have some kind of penalty.

The whole thread is pointless because the people who don’t see a problem with the state of Mercy being easily outhealed by other healers ignored the Devs statement of the intention for her to be able to heal more than any other healer, and they refuse to acknowledge that those other healers can do more than JUST heal at the same time.

Its like trying to tell water to stop being wet. Some things are beyond pointless wastes of time.

10 Likes

True but you never need to do damage when there’s always somebody to heal since she doesn’t have to reload like ana and she doesn’t have a healing resource meter like moira, she also has the best mobile ability in the game called guardian angel.

Also ress is the reason people call her op in general, so it’s definitely better then biotic orbs or ana’s heals grenade.

1 Like

Eh it’s a bit more dull and people die where they would’ve lived but not that much of a difference.

That said can I get a damage boost then? I mean if my heals are going to be less than any other healer I don’t see why my damage has to be in the trashbin too.