Mercy actually has a really trash ult tbh

Like, if you’re going to win the fight, her ult makes it so you win the fight quicker, but if you’re losing the fight you lose anyway.

In comparison, Zenyatta can press Q and everyone on your team is safe. Lucio (second weakest support ult) is a budget Zenyatta ult but still can decide fights. Brigette just presses Q out of fight and you all turn into a tank. Don’t get me started on Ana, possibly the easiest if not the easiest ult in the game to do well with.
Here’s how to conduct an Ana ult:

1. Press tab
  2. Is there a tick under Genji?
  3. If that’s a yes, press Q on Genji and you win the fight.
    Imo, they should have buffed Ana in other areas but :woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging::woman_shrugging:

If Mercy had an instant ress on her ult, it would be on par with other support ults.

Edit: I forgot Moira. If this had the same charge rate as Mercy’s it would also be weak, but seeing as it charges at the speed of light due to her AOE healing it’s good. Also, it provides a kill on the enemy support as that’s what most Moira’s do anyway with it.

91 Likes

Its kinda sad how mercy cannot outheal normal enemy fire in her ultimate when every other support in the game can. :pensive:

80 Likes

Mercy’s ultimate provides less healing than Moira’s left click. It doesn’t feel like an ultimate.

93 Likes

Ah, I forgot Moira, I’ll add that now

1 Like

i feel like its because the way she charges it is so flat and slowish, and its quite a large requirment as well. But to top it all off that charge number was balanced around the fact she used to be able to do so much inside her ult, but over the year all the cool bells and whistles have been removed leaving the bare bones flight and chain healing and the most prominent features.

i feel like they should buff the charge so its easier to get, as much better ults that are similar in appliance are charged far faster with skill then mercy can achieve with her now slower heal rate.

2 Likes

Valkyrie

AoE Damage Boost - Hey Orisa
AoE Healing - Hey Moira, Zen, Briggite and Lúcio
Flight - Hey Pharah

Really, what is the point of using Mercy for Valkyrie?

24 Likes

What do you mean ‘trash ult?’ Bringing her teammates back is fantastically powerful.

Oh.

You mean her other ‘ult.’

58 Likes

Use that word very loosely. :joy:

2 Likes

Just use it for the pistol and pick their carry. Best use of the ultimate, by far. Much more fun, as well.

12 Likes

It is quite fun when your temporarily turn yourself into a DPS. :slight_smile: Sadly, most of us don’t want to put our team in a situation where they have no main healer.

7 Likes

I thought mercy was an off healer? Damn this game needs more appropriate classes.

1 Like

I honestly don’t know anymore. :joy:

4 Likes

I completely disagree, I’ve won more fights have Valk supplement heals or doing clutch plays. I used Valk to get back to the point on Nepal Sanctum, it was 99/99, we just needed to retake it and win. Our Mei just died after stalling for a few moments, there was just Briggs on point, I swooped in, rezz’ed Mei, popped Briggs with my pistol and healed the rest of my remaining teammates to full.

These situations happen quite frequently and it is one of the main reasons why I love Mercy now more than ever.

2 Likes

Why do that when you could rez your entire team before you die and respawn?

8 Likes

Because to me, flying around in the sky having ultra mobility, using the Pistol that was given to me, damage boosting multiple ultimate’s and teammates/healing multiple team mates is a lot more fun. I know I am in the minority there, there are a ton of angry Mercy players who want MASS REZZ back but I love the way she is now.

Edit: And it’s fun to stall above the point, juking enemies and maybe killing one or two. Feels really rewarding!

5 Likes

If Mercy can outheal normal enemy fire all throughout the match and then gets to do that x5 when her ult is up, what makes you think that her ult keeps her from being able to heal her team up?

2 Likes

You mean like this?

7 Likes

Honestly, you’re not wrong. Valk is one of two things:

• Valkyrie is a glorified “let’s push in now” button
  • Valkyrie is a “Escape an angry Genji Dragonblade” button
13 Likes

Theres just a lot of really terrible information here.

Sound barrier is actually a really good ultimate now. You can even counter self destruct with it now. That 750 buff made a huge difference.

Nano boost is fine but with all the CC in the game now, it’s a heck of a lot easier to shut down than it used to be.

And Valkyrie is still such a powerful ultimate. If you cant see why then you’re using it wrong. Mercy’s entire kit is built around tempo. She doesnt do big game saving plays. She’s just a constant reliable source of healing that can reverse small plays. Valkyrie fits that same mold.

You use Valkyrie to break through a choke or when you’re close to getting a numbers advantage and need that little bit extra. You dont use it to counter ultimates or save the game. I would like it if they changed the cost though. The healing nerf left it taking just a little bit too long to get.

10 Likes

Valkyrie is easily the most versatile ult in the game. It can absolutely turn a fight around. If you use it at almost any time other than to try to counter burst damage ults, you’re almost guaranteed to win the fight.

Don’t just limit yourself to holding down M1 and flying around. Heal, boost, chase people down with your pistol, and prioritize all of that correctly and you’ve won the fight. Try popping it to initiate a fight, too, instead of just when a lot of people are already hurt.

It’s not meant to do the same thing Zen and Lucio do with their ults. Don’t use it as such and you’ll get more value out of it.

6 Likes