Mercy A few weeks later

https:/ /top500-aggregator.up.railway.app/season/3_3
This was taken on mid-feb when the top 500 had just changed. In terms of usage Brig was at the same level as Mercy, but Kiriko/Ana were running away with the top ranks.

The high amount of ball play and the last couple of buffs to Brig help bring her to a very good level of usage. It has been a couple of weeks since, but as a whole Brig is doing quite well.

And they incorporated that bug/glitch/tech. And by doing so I don’t feel it’s significantly different than how it was. Prove me wrong tho. I don’t see how current superjump is so far removed from previous superjump that I’d rather the previous version compared to current mobility.

Yes, but if you do it during the superjump, the speed won’t be reduced.

Yeah I totally agree. You just didn’t mention brig at all in your listing off of supports. That’s why I mentioned them.

And we could easily go outside of the radius due to that. So you just want to be gliding during Rez at a slightly higher rate of speed?

The ability to do that still does not seem more appealing to me then keeping my current options and mobility

I’m glad you like the changes!

Summary on Mercy’s Changes after Feb 7 - General Discussion - Overwatch Forums (blizzard.com)

can you read my post about why they are garbage? xD

It may be that you like the new mobility better. At least not me. Everything was better before. ^^

1 Like

So no slingshot or direction changing? You just glitch jump to send yourself up and that was better in your opinion?

Weird.

We now have a long cooldown to thank for the SLingshot mechanics, so I’d rather not have a SLingshot for less cooldown.

And btw: Slingshot already existed in ow1. More or less.

1 Like

I appreciate the effort but that is a lot to read thru. If I get the motivation to I’ll give it a shot. If you can summarize that’d be great too.

need chatGPT for that xD

We have no reason to assume why blizzard introduced a new cooldown. If given what’s been said etc it’s to make Mercy more vulnerable. They achieved that to a degree I guess. No reason to think it’s due to slingshot.

Lol maybe we should be inputting balance inquiries into chatgtp. Probably come up with better results than the devs.

1 Like

Of course we did :slight_smile: It’s common practice to slide a bit after a jump to let the cooldown expire.

lol what? The head Dev literally said “we knew her slingshot change would be a big increase in power” and that “the goal is to nerf her movement, it’s too strong now after the changes” in the stream explaining the nerfs with Seagull.

Dunno what you’re saying with this. Spare me the emojis and just simply explai yourself.

Covered that with “to make her more vulnerable.” It wasn’t slingshot specific. They simply wanted to reduce her evasion.

Mercy players hate the changes and non-Mercy players dislike playing against her even more now.

The Mercy changes were a lose-lose. And if she’s dying just the same as before as the devs shared in their AMA, their changes don’t have a meaningful effect on the game as well.

4 Likes

Yes. Thank you. Nothing was truly addressed via their changes. Now we have Mercy mains taking about their feels like the forum is a blogging site, and everyone else is frustrated that the changes really didn’t change how they feel when they play with or against the character.

It’s very much lose-lose.

1 Like

I noticed that Mercy mains do talk about her in a more personal style of manner, but I also give that weight. I’d be really annoyed if Blizzard keeps changing the hero so they’re unfun to play, and flat-out ignoring the very vocal feedback and insist that the changes said.

It’s just wild that they said they were keeping a close eye on how she feels, then in the AMA they talked about statistics only to say the changes should stay. They’re inconsistent in their communication, and it just makes it so hard to have faith in them.

1 Like

…Yes, they wanted to reduce her evasion, because, as they literally said, the slingshot GA changes added in Beta 2 made it too strong. lol.

Idk why you are trying to argue against that. They literally said it and it also is just, you know, basic logic even if they didn’t outright say it. Which they did… I’m confused what you are trying to say right now