Mercy 3.0 Rework [UPDATED - FEEDBACK WELCOME]

Maybe

I don’t believe blizzard finds making mass rez balanced complete rocket science so if they wanted to add it back while also getting rid of that tactic I imagine they would have done so by now

They’d probably have change her star level for that reason alone

1 Like

the community is actually pretty large and have been asking changes/reverts for a long time.

depends, i didn’t really care about it before invul.
i didn’t die most of the time.

8 Likes

Probably. But it’s not like she would stop healing, just 60 hps.

I am sorry, but I have to oppose your idea. Before she had invulnerability her Ult was a suicide mission, but with the ideas you are suggesting, it will be even more so, especially since you are requiring LoS. It is like this idea is enforcing 1 man rez which is kind of underwhelming considering you want to make it an ultimate again. By the looks of it too, seems like the cast time you are showing is around 3 seconds…

3 Likes

Firstly, I commend you for taking the time to present a visual representation of your idea. It’s pretty much what I’ve figured it would do in your other thread, and very similar to what I have been thinking about in terms of my own Revert + Tweaks variations.

I have been discussion with various people who expressed their issues with Mass Rez due to the lack of cast time, and how having a cast time would still make her “clunky for Mercy players / still causes Mercy to suicide.” As a suggestion, what are your thoughts on what I would call “a dynamic cast time?”

Basically the way it would work is that the cast time Mercy’s Rez has, is directly affected by how many people she has in her LoS. So for 1 person, let’s say that it’s 1.25s, for 2 people, it would be 1.35s, for 3 people, 1.45s, and so on…

This will allow Mercy players to still successfully pull off tempo resses, while still partaking in an element of risk. This is engaging because you have to be involved with the LOS in order to rez successfully, and impactful because the risks taken will directly affect how much potential you would have in “turning the tides” in a match (i.e. 1 person rezzed is obviously not going to be as game changing to a match as 5 people rezzed in most cases). Riskier rezzes are rewarded with greater returns on people brought back, which raises her skill ceiling even more (when to go for a big rez vs a tempo for example) and keeps Mercy players engaged in the fight.

Another suggestion would be to allow Mercy to “expire” her ultimate prematurely, and allow for escape. This means that a Mercy who mistakenly goes for a 5 man, and is under fire, has the option to cancel her res, and cause her to be boosted in any direction she faces as she would in GA for a specific distance (this number can be anything, but let’s say 20m, for sake of example). This would give her the chance to make a desperate attempt at escape instead of committing to the res, and as a result, expires all of her souls within her LOS, reset their timers, and set her ult charge back to 0.

This can give opportunities for high-skill plays as well, which can allow team mates to be all respawned at the same time, at the cost of Mercy’s res, and prevent further staggering. The downside would be that Mercy herself will of course, still have the potential to be staggered (to the enemy’s benefit), as she would be vulnerable to any focus fire during the res and as she escapes. Still allowing counterplay.

But those are just my thoughts. Overall, nicely done! :blush:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

7 Likes

i really don’t know but i’m sure blizzard can do it.
bastion must have been more complicated.

for the valk idea:
i just wrote some stuff down that closely represents her current ult while not being an ultimate. if they ever do something like this we will have a PTR to test all that stuff out.

1 Like

With proper range, I think it’d be doable. Biggest issue with current res (aside from being stationary) is having to be almost on top of the target. With range similar to the old mass res, getting a double or even triple res off would be far more doable with decent cooperation and/or availability of cover, even with the cast.

I like your idea for Mass Rez. Would the animation be like the one we have now?

Honestly, I don’t like the E Ability. I came up with one the other day, though, actually.

Celestial Whirl

Mercy does a drill spin (like the “Battle Angel” highlight intro) in whatever direction she’s travelling, similar to Tracer’s blink and Hanzo’s leap. Allies within range and LoS get a cleanse affect, and are healed for 30 hp. This ability serves the dual purpose of giving Mercy some mobility independent of her team if she ever gets separated from them, while also giving her the means of buffing teammates when she is with them.
-travels 6 meters
-8 second cooldown
-range of cleanse/heal is 8 meters

Basically, it’s a combat roll with some bells and whistles for Mercy.

I got some inspiration from Furia’s “Wings of Wrath” move in Paladins.

6 Likes

Read the same post countless times by other people. Mercy is fine.

1 Like

you have zero proof of that…other than what you see on here…which is a small part of A) the whole community that actually posts on forums/elsewhere and B) a part of THAT portion because even on here you see people (mercy players) against the idea of reworks…

but the fact remains…theres very little reason for them to change a character based on that when the sole argument is a question of fun…when statistically you CAN actually make the argument that shes in a decent spot

it would be like me requesting they change dva just because i dont like her…they make changes when the game needs them…not when small pockets of the community want them to happen…especially when theyve already said on more than one occasion that they dont plan on it

and for emphasis…im not even slamming the idea…just saying theres very little reason for them to change her (from their viewpoint)

So In other words, giving Mercy the ability to do a sort of barrel roll? If so, that’s literally the most BAMF cleanse idea I’ve seen proposed in a long time. :smile:

~Sincerely Yours xoxo,
a Lover of True, Fair, and Fun Balance.
xavvypls
:blue_heart:

5 Likes

i think it would be fine but there will always be people that will say that the dynamic res would be too fast (by the numbers you’ve given).

i’m not exactly sure what you meant by dynamic res though so my reaction above might off.

as for cancelling the ult: great idea!

i took inspiration from mccree when i was looking for solutions but didn’t think about cancelling!
i wouldn’t like a complete reset like mccree has though (even with GA boost to a direction).
i think it’s way better to bring back your teammates 1 by 1 instead.

1 Like

Pretty much! Lol. I really enjoy Mercy’s mobility (GA is why I still have so much fun with Mercy), so that’s why all the E Abilities I’ve suggested have to do with adding mobility to her. :slight_smile:

1 Like

yes but the animation speed depends on the amount of teammates in sight.

also: very interesing E ability!
i didn’t think of a different E because people might like valkyrie.

i would feel bad if such an ability got stripped away just like some of us had with mass-res.

2 Likes

big brain idea rite 'ere

I like.
BUT, i wouldn’t go for Valk as E, but giving Mercy a new ability.

The fact is that either, i think that a 20s ability isn’t an ability. I could accept 18s max for an ability.
I would like Pacify as her E… BUT the Mass-Rez like this would be perfect

i would too but i tried to make as much sides happy as possible!

i am a big fan of the E ability suggested in titanium’s thread.

1 Like

There’s too many sides to make happy

someone is going to be unhappy with whatever they do to Mercy

and that’s why they aren’t doing anything to Mercy because they’re fine with who they made happy

Just as a point people want rez gone yet some people want rez. You literally cannot do anything to make everyone happy in that situation

thats why i picked 3 common ones:

-anti mass res
i asked what they would change if it would ever come back.

-Pro valkyrie
i believe stripping something away is one of the worst things you can do to a community. (most of us know how that feels)

-Pro mass res
because i would like to see it return myself.

2 Likes