Mercy’s new change 2.0

So you all are saying they should lie and say it’s intended just so we can keep a feature that was never a feature but a bug? They like the SJ they just don’t like that its not coded in and easily adjustable for patching.

Well, I posted this 2 months ago.

Huge W for Mercy if this works well in practice. I think she would still need buffs elsewhere, and I hope they increase the momentum burst GA jump gives (at both minimum and maximum values), but a win is a win, no matter how small.

2 Likes

OW devs try not to change Mercy’s GA for 5s Challenge (IMPOSSIBLE)

1 Like

Somebody never played fighting games and it shows based on this view. Multiple times they’ve addressed this as a feature.

You can be mad about it, but the best thing is that you don’t need to use it if you don’t want too. Even in this new version, if you don’t want to use SJ then you don’t have too.

Heh…
Another win for my fantasy football version of game dev.

1 Like

The only reason they are still touching it is so it can be properly integrated to the game.

I have only ever heard them call it a bug or unintended. You can be mad about it, but the thing is they are going to make it a feature just not the same as it currently is.

2 Likes

Unless they adjust the ramp up time of the meter it will still feel bad. Slingshotting past a teammate who is 5m away barely gets you any distance anymore

1 Like

In an AMA they literally call it a feature. Features and techs can sometimes come from bug or unintentional interactions.

If they wanna keep them then they can. Again you don’t need to use SJ if you don’t want to. (Even with this, you just don’t hit crouch and no SJ, simple)

I appreciate this change. However it still sucks you need to charge the meter in order to get max height. Unlike current live where u can super jump even when you are close to your team member.

1 Like

It already is properly integrated, but it’s just “impossible” to learn about it without watching a tutorial or guide.

It is still a bug. They even said it in that same post.

1 Like

no

They said it started as a bug, but it got changed into a feature now.

Think it’s more if anything really changes in the coding that makes it not work.

Sure it worked when they showed off the PVE mission back at Blizzcon and it still worked with the first roll of Beta. But there’s always the chance something could change that makes it not work anymore.

I mean I don’t like they keep messing with it either but we did something good out of it-the directional change mid GA.

Just hope they’ll be done after this…or if anything they just do away the the charge meter (if it’s still causing issues) and be done.

Super jump is the result of a bug that occurred during Guardian Angel. This bug became a core mechanic of high-level Mercy gameplay, and it added a lot of depth to her movement. Our goal was to integrate it into her kit for Overwatch 2, so it wasn’t as hidden for new players.

1 Like

In literally the article you are posting beneath here they call it a bug that they want to integrate into her kit. I don’t know what else to say. If they see it as a bug that needs to be integrated then its going to be changed.

You won’t have to worry soon enough about this as SJ is obviously going to be changed no matter what you want.

I always used SJ since way back when the glitch was found. Just like I used the Genji momentum bug way back then also I am a dirt bag and will use anything to get me ahead. So you really don’t have to tell me i don’t have to use it because I do lol.

3 Likes

Key words; is the result of a bug They never said it was still a bug, but they described how it started as one

Here they are still describing how it started as a bug but they never say that it’s still a bug. :wink:

1 Like

The change sounds fine. Now they really need to start fixing the actual problems with the rest of her kit.

The whole thing feels like someone spending hours and hours on getting the right look for a presentation about a new project, and no time at all on getting the project itself to work.

It is the 4th time that they touching the superjump, I hope that this time it turned out well and they leave it alone!!! and start fixing Mercy where she needs it!!!