🧞‍♀ Memorial to Old Sym and what could have been; Youtube Highlight (what I consider the best abilities Sym ever had.)

What does that change? It’s not like they’ll suddenly change her drastically.

Bastion Ironclad Passive change was reworked drastically within 24 hours.

Anything is possible

1 Like

That’s not what I took from that Kotaku article lol. He says at the end “We feel like, with characters like Torbjorn and Symmetra, they’re mechanically doing what we want them to do now, but I don’t know if they’re balanced correctly.”

So it looks like he thinks that Torb and Sym are both achieving what they had invisioned for them as characters, and the balance side is where they are shifting their focus.

So yes, he does think something might not be right with Symmetra, but his answer to fixing her does not seem to involve large scale changes or reverts.

2 Likes

You’d have to nerf their damage then.

Which means less damage per turret and a collective 40 second cooldown.

Okay, I guess. It would be overall better for keep TP though because blocking damage is a tanks job.

1. TP was only useful on first point defense.
  2. How would it even work. If you pick TP, then you literally have no ability to help your team in a fought

I feel like Symmetra’s in a really good place right now compared to 2.0.

She needs Teleporter buffs though, major ones. It’s supposed to provide massive utility to her team but only gets used as a Sentry Bomb. It should last indefinitely so teammates would actually use it, have a longer range of use with an indicator of its range, deploy faster, instantly refund 100% when it dies of “natural causes” within 0.015 seconds of existence, and be refundable (along with Sentry Turrets) by holding F for 2 seconds.

A couple things to balance it would be a cooldown reset on in-combat death and less shield health

1 Like

Thanks to Jeff interview, I am sure we will see something be done soon.

RIP old sym. Now I’m left with a bunch of merchandise and expertise on a hero that doesn’t exist. :’(

2 Likes

old sym is best sym

if only blizzard knew how to rework her properly

1 Like

i feel like the best version would be

Old primary fire
New alt fire (with piercing, but a mid road in between both when it comes to speed)
Old symmetra turrets but throweable (6 turrets, reduced cooldown due to how easy they are to destroy)
E Shield. maybe with slower movement speed and more hp, and bigger size
Old ults with some changes

2 Likes

Wall Shield and Shield Generator. Teleporter was always holding Symmetra back. In all forms since Beta. And Shield Gen was really powerful.

1 Like

Sym 3.0 > Sym 2.0

Don’t @ me

• 250 hour Sym main

This is sort of what I came to a first, but we have to balance it somewhere.

So basically said 4 Turrets is good enough.

And Shield Gen cause too many other problems meta wise with others, so just replace it with the Shield Wall.

I think this would make the hero more fun, and at the same time, req some skill.

Its basically combining 3.0 * 2.0 to make… 3x2.0

1 Like

Sym at the moment is already a DPS/Support like Sombra. Their utility is equal, Sombra has better mobility, but Sym is far deadlier than Sombra because of that difference in mobility.

Sombra being hyper mobile + her powerful utilities means she can’t have more damage without a big tradeoff.

Symmetra having mediocre mobility + her powerful utilites means TP can’t be buffed with anything significant without a big tradeoff.

Shield gen is better though in my opinion

prevents one shots from heroes like doomfist or hanzo.

Plus i want my 650 hp symmetras in no limits

4 Likes

Ahh~the satisfaction when locking on to an enemy. I miss old Sym so much, why can’t we have her back? :sob:

2 Likes

This is the reason for syms change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9rr395GqWU

And even those scenes took some serious commitment to get her damage up.

The scenes in this video didn’t justify the massive change to syms kit.

You may like your souped up import…

I still prefer classic American muscle :wink: (Or in this case, Indian I’d suppose)

2 Likes

I had this conversation before in the other popular sym post I posted.

Let’s just say Shield Gen is not as good as you think it is.

I mean just look at Torb, without Armor Packs, he is now doing a lot better then he was before.

To the point Jeff is considering nerfing him with some Sym changes. (Honest he should hold off nerfing Torb.)

I disagree with him feeling better

He feels clunkier, weaker, and too easy to kill right now

If they nerf torb, the hero with still the lowest pickrate both in OWWC and ladder i swear ill be mad

2 Likes