Member when this was fun

memberrrrrr when q times were instant i memmberrrrr
memberrr when you could actually play dps and have fun i memmbbeerrrrr

2 Likes

Yeah I’m sure you had fun locking DPS and forcing the random support player on your team to solo heal your 3 or 4 DPS comp

:roll_eyes: Sorry you have to wait longer than everyone else to lock DPS every game now

18 Likes

Ohhh I memberrrr. Memberrr

Maybe they shouldn’t force their players to play how the developers want them to play, and instead mold the game around how they players want to play?

1 Like

Season Zero. When the only mode was Quickplay.

memberrrr when you go into a game and you have instant hanzo genji cree junkrat roadhog on your team memmberrrrrr

and now no1 can play dps if you dont want to wait 10 years.

No one stops you from playing open q and qpc, they’re great modes

3 Likes

Yeah, I remember tonight. It wasn’t that long ago!

2 Likes

Fun fact: not a single soul seems to be playing open q in EU at this time!

Edit: oh nervermind, just after posting and a 40min queue I got a game. Yay

1 Like

That’s surprising, in the afternoon and during the night it usually has under 5 minutes queues, although I don’t know what rank you are, I only have experience with the middle ranks (high plat to mid diamond)

1 Like

It does get much better as the day progresses, I suppose everyone’s busy with work or school.

No they “force us” to play the game how it SHOULD be played. As a balanced team and not as a cluster.

1 Like

Well, the original design philosophy was leaning towards 1-4-1. That’s why the DPS roster had double the amount of heroes of both tanks and supports. The player base is the one who forced the 2-2-2 composition because they deemed it the most balanced. So, the developers went with it. I know a lot of people don’t agree with the 2-2-2 composition, but most of the player base does, which is enough for Blizzard to stick with it. However, they saw a lot of interest towards open composition modes, and decided to re-introduce the mode on competitive. Too bad it’s a joke, top 500 this season starts around 3.3K in open queue! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

They had them taken apart into 2 categories, which had each around the same heroes as tank and support. Even if this was the original balancing idea the playerbase started to pick multiple tanks and supports very early on, I can’t recall a 1-4-1 meta outside of that weird ball+4dps+mercy anti-goats

Yeah open queue comp is just quick play with ranks.