Mei's ice projectiles not registrating as hit on frozen targets

Edit:
It is related to hitboxes going out of sync with a characters model when they get freezed. Excellent breakdown of the bug by Mitchel here.

Bug reports related:
1. MEI FREEZE CAUSES HITBOXES TO GET MESSED UP BEYOND BELIEF (WITH TONS OF VIDEO PROOF AND ANALYSIS)

2. MEI HEADSHOT BUGGED

3. FROZEN DISPLACED TARGETS HITBOXES BROKEN

4. MEI SECONDARY FIRE NOT FIRING

5. FROZEN ENEMIES CANNOT GET HEADSHOTS SOMETIMES

So if the “latest” nerfs to Mei wasn’t enough. Mei’s projectiles are now literally disappearing / doing 0 damage. Imagen spending all your ammo on freezing a Genji, having just enough ammo left to get in a headshot, and then the projectile just disappears in thin air. Fan-flippin-tastic! Link to video below showcasing said scenario.

7 Likes

Noticing it didn’t take ammo for the Secondary fire, seems likely to be related to an internet issue as of that moment (Such as packet loss)

Hmm it may be related to that, however the secondary fire DID consume ammo. It uses ammo before the projectile is fired, as you can clearly see with the little hop/lag in ammo consumption switching from primary to secondary.

3 Likes

I’ve noticed this too… I thought I was missing at first but then it kept on happening.

I’ve also found that HEADSHOTS don’t do crit-dmg on FROZEN targets about 80% of the time, now… especially on tanks with huge hitboxes. I don’t know if the hitboxes are busted on the tank models, or the hurtbox is busted on Mei’s icycle… but after seeing your video I assume it’s the hurtbox.

I’ll try to record some evidence of it later.

1 Like

Aye something is busted. It happens almost every match. Would be great to get more evidence of the bug and from multiple sources! Encountered the bug multiple times during todays playing sessions, so Ill submit even more footage of the bug shortly. :slight_smile:

Here’s a video of my headshot on a frozen Genji not causing crit dmg.
It happens more often on tanks, but a lot on Genji and Ana, too.

you can see that I knew it should have been a headshot crit-kill as I immediately turned to join fight, but then he didn’t die and I had to chase him down. The cursor is perfectly on his skull and I don’t have lag.

2 Likes

Thank you for submitting more footage of the bug. It seams to be related to hitboxes going out of sync with a characters model when they get freezed. Excellent breakdown of the bug by Mitchel here.

2 Likes

I’ve never had a problem hitting people in the head after freezing them but I see videos popping up constantly with people that have this happen to them quite often. Its strange.

every patch notes I’m looking for this fix. nothing. for months.

tracer can’t blink in one room on one map? fixed next week. really disappointing.

Makings this thread active again. As of the current patch the bug is back. :cry:

1 Like

Just one of many issues reported that will never be fixed. Alongside people glitching through walls, tp’ing ontop of the walls, shooting through erected walls, walls not placing, walls not placing where you are aiming, walls not rotating if you try to do it really, really quickly, cryo not activating when you press it, blizzard not freezing people with no obstructions in the way, blizzard getting stuck in the payload on certain maps. The list goes on.