Mei's block should be destructible

it should ahve 400 life and after destruction it’s stops and breaks.

4 Likes

Then it would get destroyed almost instantly…

8 Likes

Disagree, if any change should be made to Mei, it should be that her freeze ray upon expiring delivers a buff that makes you immune to refreezing for 6 seconds. Her escape tools are fine.

8 Likes

Thats fine, every invulnerability should be counterable by dmg. Like bap

Thats rarely a escape tool, she heals and gets unkillable…

Maybe 2 seconds instead. Gives you time to move, but not make Mei completely worthless for 6 seconds.

2 Likes

I thought that was the idea.

1 Like

Eh.
I don’t think Mei needs any chances. Just like to tweak things when people make suggestions lol.

Being unable to chainfreeze the same target doesnt make her worthless, finding another target, waiting 6 seconds while switching to icicles works just fine.

Chained CC is ridiculous, and this is the worst offender in game, because it has a runspeed reducer, it literally prevents escape during reapplication.

4 Likes

Oh, I would love an increased firing speed to bring her DPS on par with other characters. Very nice suggestion.

1 Like

You want to nerf this hero?

17 Likes

A good chunk of the forums wants to nerf two heroes under her in this list as well :frowning:

1 Like

Yes, yes I do, because the need for nerfs and buffs is independent of how fashionsble or specialized they are.

The “pickrate as balance” argument is, and has always been drastically overused.

1 Like

It literally is though, for the most part.

The idea is a “balance” of reasons to choose between heroes.

4 Likes

No, the entire point of “balance” is to ensure that characters are of somewhat similar levels of overall power, not popularity.

There are far too many esoteric things that play into character selection which have nothing to do with balance to be using popularity as primary balance tools.

1 Like

I would argue that popularity is just a trailing indicator of power.

And that after pickrates stabilize after balance changes, it’s basically the same as power.

2 Likes

The forums want to nerf every character

4 Likes

How about we don’t touch mei at all

1 Like

Annoying does not equal in need of nerfs.

1 Like

And I would argue that the existence of Sombra obliterates that argument. She is one of the most powerful heroes in the game, but her kit dosen’t fit well in a game like this because the rapidly changing dynamics of every game dont fit the need for deliberate and precise communication and reaction.

Increasing her power would have no effect on her pickrate, because the fit will always be bad. Furthermore, a character like Ashe is another prime example. She is far less powerful than most heroes (literally zero playtime in OWL), and there is nothing that she brings that cannot be outdone by someone else. She does however bring fun and a lot of versatility, and is wildly popular.

Power and popularity is like correllation and causation. There can be a relationship, but it is a collossal error to assume that it is causal.

1 Like

And in that case I would argue that Sombra has a really high “Pickrate” at the highest skill tiers in OWL.

But this is like arguing if a typical Bronze Widowmaker is just as strong as a GM Widowmaker.

2 Likes