Mei vs. Zarya ultimates - fair vs. unfair

Still…not as stupid Tracer’s pulse bomb disappearing mid air when she dies!

Incorrect, it IS a bug. I know from almost 500 hours of Mei experience in high pressure games.

Mei’s ultimate is a very reliable way to kill something you’ve frozen. Sure, Blizzard is not going to wipe teams, but if you isolate a tank with your wall, freeze it and toss Blizzard to keep it frozen, that’s a big value.

Mei used to actually have the best ultimate in the game before the great Nerf Hammer crashed ontop of her.

In Overwatch first 3 months Mei could build up her ultimate in 30s and it was MASSIVE. You could lock down the entire capture point.

Only if you were in the edge you could escape.
Now her ultimate is pretty trashtastic.

I miss the days where I kept dropping her ultimate every 30s.
The enemy team went nuts, 4 ultimate in 2 minutes, they just stopped leaving their spawn room by the end.

The Forums: Graviton is OP, I hate Grav Dragon.

Also, The Forums: Blizzard is OP, should be more fair like Graviton.

The problems need to be defined. Why is Graviton fair/not fair? Why is Blizzard fair/not fair? I won’t speak for Mei. But Zarya. Was it fair for her Grav size reduced. Because Hanzo created a problem. Was it fair that 23, as people said, characters had mobile abilities that could originally escape. On a ultimate, that requires follow up.

Mei can kill targets, if they get trapped. Can you say that for Zarya under the same conditions? If Mei is alone and she ults. She can get 2 or 3 people killed. Plus, heal and stall the point. Can Zarya kill 1 or 2 people alone. While everyone has their defenses, ults, and weapons available? Can she stall the point alone?

I do agree that people frozen should be locked in place. It’s stupid that boops could move them. When boops can’t move Mei in ice block.

Amen, #deletegrav her ult is so annoying for sym, “you can teleport out of grav” um actually no you cant

literally grav

I like Mei’s Ult, I do feel like they need to shorten the cast time for the start of freezing. It has one of the longest cast times in the game.

This is not a bug. Please read this:
[PROOF] Projectile Ults blocked by Lag

I have thoroughly tested every hero with a projectile ultimate on servers with different pings.

Zarya’s ultimate does not has a cast animation. Because of this is there not a window in which Zarya can lose her ultimate charge if she is stunned.

She is the only hero with a projectile ultimate that isn’t cancelable with CC.

I’ve played her for 1160 hours. Her ultimate can be lost due to death and or stuns, at the right moment. Thanks to this issue. Hell, you can cancel out Nano boost if it’s applied as you fire Zarya’s ultimate. That’s only happened only one time to me. It’s super rare, but it is possible.

And did you lost your ult charge as well?

(If this is true, then I’m curious how long her cast animation is.)

Yes, you can lose your ult charge. It’s rare that I get it refunded. I’d say it’s a 40% chance it gets refunded. Basically, what I noticed with servers. If two actions that are normally not suppose to happen. Trigger within 0.004 milliseconds. The server accepts both of you as correct.

You should give this thread a read:

It shows what cause projectile ultimates to disappear mid air and what’s affecting it.

I understand. But the thing is. For the ultimate to be depleted. The server accepted that you used your ult. At the same time another ability that is suppose to deny it, worked as well. So they are both accepted. Which is the wrong part. There is no: Wait. Both can’t be don’t. Pick one and reset the other.

I’ve gotten really good and activating bubbles while Hook or Hack trigger on me. By abusing this small window on the server. Here’s me doing it on 0 ping bots. Doing it on people is easier. I just listen out for a certain audio cue from Hook and Hack.

The trick on hack is hit bubble as the final “ding” sound goes off. If done at the right moment. Bubble will activate when the right tendril on hack moves up. Server goes stupid, I get charge off the person.

All I really want to happen under these circumstances. If A stun goes off. Hook, flash bang, Hack etc. And someones ability/ult. meter depletes on their side. That person’s ultimate is engaged no matter what.

1 Like

Yeah, it should be punished if casted in bad time… but… if Mei drone is already dropped it shouldnt dissapeard coz it is already casted. Every hero should be balanced around that separately. That way you can make it fair for every hero.

Grav is smaller and still allows you to react. Blizzard is larger and completely freezes you but takes time to do it.

The two are both pretty fairly balanced IMO

It’s tied with Blizzard in that respect lol.

The only difference is Grav acts instantly when it hits something. When Blizzard hits the ground (it moves slower/is loftier than Grav), it takes over 1 second extra to activate. Then it takes about 1.5 seconds for them to finally freeze. The bonus fun part is that Mei’s window for deleting her Ult (as in, stun/kill her to delete her Snowball projectile) is x2 bigger than the other “toss and forget” abilities. Overall, if it’s not deflected or deleted, it’ll take over 3 seconds for it to actually do the BIG thing it’s good for.

The AoE sounds pretty big until you count the fact people move at 5.5mps minimum and they’re given more than enough notice to react. rip

It doesn’t really. If the Ultimate bar depletes. You activated it. I don’t care if the other person computer said it wasn’t. The time of button push should take priority. Than reset the other person to a correct state. IE: McCree Flashbangs. You activate Blizzard. You meter is drained. Blizzard resumes, McCree’s Flashbang is reset. And his position is reset. If his Flashbang reaches the server first. You’re ult is given back to you. And you deal with it like normal.

“I dont care” … you should care about overall balance issues.

Its not about other person pc but how devs set currently mechanics. You and ur enemies can already see ult is dropped, and it would just dissapear anyway if Mei (example) is killed, even if it is already dropped on the ground. I get ur point but I think you dont understand what I mean. If Mei ult should be canceled, it should happen before her drone is dropped from her hand. Same goes for all projectile missles, which always dissapear in half way if person shooting them is killed (look Pharah and her rockets etc.)

It’s just doesnt makes sense, there is no reason for it. Just make game unfair for certain heroes.