Mei’s icicle fall-off removal

This can, in no way, end well.

People already get salty about dying to a stray Hanzo arrow - now imagine how many people will complain about dying to a Mei mindlessly spamming her alt-fire.

No damage fall-off, 120 m/s projectile speed (which used to be faster than Hanzo’s arrows! Which, by the way, now have a max projectile speed of 130 m/s.), hitbox much larger than Hanzo’s arrows, and can still headshot for about 150 damage.

Although 150 damage may not seem like much, keep in mind her alt-fire only takes 0.38 seconds to fire each shot (Hanzo’s bow takes 0.75 seconds to fully charge), and unlike Hanzo’s arrows, they are not affected by gravity. And as i mentioned, the icicles have very generous hitboxes.

I’m just curious how long it’ll take before the battle net forums will call for Mei nerfs.

9 Likes

even with that buff you won’t see Mei that often don’t worry. Let her be (a bit) strong…

17 Likes

Honestly, i wouldn’t want her nerfed (atleast, not yet), but knowing the Bnet forums and their ‘affection’ and ‘love’ for Hanzo, i wouldn’t be surprised if there will be alot of threads soon complaining about Mei and how they got killed by a stray icicle from across the map.

its just a revert. she originally didnt have it and was added as a nerf.

her alt fire has a delay between cast and fire. Hanzo’s doesnt.

she has a fuel supply and has to reload. Hanzo doesn’t. SHe also doesnt have a short cd to instantly launch multiple in a second.

9 Likes

Mei can only one-shot Tracer or baby DVa with icicle. Everybody else will have time to step out of her LoS.

2 Likes

Nearly everything in Overwatch has pretty generous hitboxes but beam weapons like Zarya and Sym M1. You can cry when Mei is dictating a meta like current Hanzo is, which will probably never happen due to how unreliable Mei’s kit is in most situations.

4 Likes

Hanzo’s bow can fire an arrow instantly, but doing so will make the arrow as effective as a wet noodle; both in terms of damage and projectile trajectory.

He needs to charge for up to 0.75 seconds to fire an arrow that won’t instantly flop down on the ground like a magikarp.

Although Mei’s alt-fire has a mandatory 0.38 seconds charge-up time, it travels in a straight line, and can be spammed faster and more effectively (if we rule out Hanzo’s storm arrows, ofcourse), atleast, until she needs to reload.

Anyway, i’m not saying she needs nerfs, i think she deserves some time in the spotlight aswell. I just wouldn’t be surprised if Bnet forums were to complain about her after this buff/revert.

they will.
she has skills to hard CC, create walls to block, can self heal/cheese enemy skills/ults, and now back to reliab le damage…that was reason she got nerf in first place :frowning:

3 Likes

When i said “generous hitbox” i meant “hitbox similiar to that of Hanzo’s arrows, that are larger than what the visual actually shows”.

Also, I was crying? I thought i was merely stating some facts.

Get used to it. People can’t help but complain about the game. I do it out of frustration, but I’m never truthfully against heroes being actually good. It’s why I despise how people resort to just complaining instead of adapting and getting better, with the majority of cases just being backed by a mediocre hero, and the off time where it’s actually valid due to how powerful the hero is. (Think reworked hanzo.)

I’d rather heroes be good and viable so that I can actually learn the game, instead of having to play against nerfed versions that are less teaching than the buffed versions. Overtuned heroes though, you’re just fighting an uphill battle instead of an even one. I want that playing field to be even, but the nerfs will almost always ruin it.

1 Like

1.3 sec for a headshot 150. So that isnt really much dps when seen in numbers.
She will be a cheesy Version of Hanzo. And doesnt have storm arrow

1 Like

It has a charge up time and a much lower rate of fire, its fine.

1 Like

Didn’t they use to nerf her icicle because it allowed her to snipe Widowmakers with it? so what is their reasoning now to revert it back to its original form?

1 Like

Pretty sure Mei’s icicles are faster than Hanzo’s arrows even after the rework…
“Projectile speed increased from 85 to 100”

1 Like

Because Mei wasn’t in a good spot, and i assume Blizz (and the community) thought the problem was her lack of long-range damage output. So, they reverted the icicle fall-off change, to give her a chance to win in medium-long range combat.

However, i’m afraid this might also result in Mei becoming a pseudo-sniper.

1 Like

Same here. But I guess we’ll have to see.

1 Like

Just like mccree has also just become a pseudo sniper. It’s fine.

1 Like

Hmm, Strange. The overwatch (fandom) wiki still states Hanzo’s arrow speed is ‘‘130 m/s’’, whereas Mei’s icicle speed is ‘‘120 m/s’’. Although the wiki may be wrong, i think it’s our only and best source for information regarding projectile speed and other weapon and ability properties, atleast for now.

“Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” -some dude

1 Like

Idk about other Mei players, but if I headshot you with an icecicle, I meant to.

It’s a skill shot that will now be more rewarding. Only time will tell if it’s too much.

1 Like