Mei nerf has made a big difference

My problem was never freeze. It’s her wall. Playing tank it’s infuriating. You try to make a push, she walls you off from your team, and then you get melted and there’s nothing you can do because. Nobody can break the wall in time, shoots diffrent pillars or nobody bothers to shoot the wall at all. It makes it impossible for a tank to initiate. Wall is still op and a serious problem for tanks imo

Can’t your team attack from different angles? Or smash the wall or bait it? Wall is supposed to be problomatic for tanks, much like how Widow headshots are meant to be problomatic for 200 hp heroes.

2 Likes

The playerbase generally hate mei, and for good reason. She is everything people hate in video games put into a ball of fat and hair- she isn’t fun to fight in any way, and I genuinely haven’t queued for tank since double-shield because of her. I normally care about balance, but with Mei I don’t care if she’s balanced as long as I don’t have to fight her 1/5 games.

Drunk player? Have you try to hit anything with Mei’s right click? Try it while you drunk.

1 Like

I mean now she isn’t over powered because she had a reasonable Nerf

Poor choice of words from my part, I wanted to say that you need as much skill as a drunk player to be effective with her.

But still, if i was drunk i would just use W+M1and still could useful for my team

Just to prove my point, I will do my DPS placements onetricking mei this weekend

She is still a free win in plat if you’re at least decent with projectiles. Literally won by holding LMB on kings row. Also, even if the freeze is weaker, she still got multifreeze and wall.

I have actually fallen from plat to bronze due to playing Mei whilst drunk, then climbed again once sober (i am recovering alcoholic ). I have over 100 hours on ana, wb and widow, and she takes just as much skill as them.

More like just don’t play the game at all
Did you ever had a long sustained team fight on a objective in overtime?

Just get a shield first, so she obviously can’t multi-freeze.

She’s had all that since 2016 but now all that is overpowered?
ok.

1 Like

Chances are, you can aim all your shots at a distance farther than 10m

No you can’t because choke points.

And no you apparently can’t just smash the wall. Because no one bothers to help destroy it. A tank can’t do anything. Baiting a instant placing wall? Any half decent mei isn’t going to fall for that. And it’s impossible to do with teamates that don’t push quick enough