Mei goes Ice Skating

Alright so new idea. Have mei spray ice on the floor as she walks…and basically let her ice skate. Her speed can be increased by a bit. im sure people have thought of this but give me some pros and cons of this idea, and lets talk about it :slight_smile:

Have thought about the exact same idea too. But I guess lack of mobility is one of her intended weaknesses.

But just for the sake of ice skating Mei I wanna have it x)

Maybe for a Winter Wonderland Brawl. Like Overwatch Racing.

This idea has been discussed by even Jeff himself actually. The major downside is it forces the player to look at the ground far too long. The second issue is that having a character that can slow/freeze enemies be naturally faster than the normal move speed is VERY dominating, and “unfun” to play against.

4 Likes

I’m pretty sure Geoff mentioned something about this a while back. I have to find the post.

Yeah, this really isn’t a new idea. Probably the only thing that came out of this is her skating Intro.
Mei with mobility would make her crazy oppressive.

Definitely sounds like something for a holiday event.

OOoo… Mei Ice skate racing… THAT would be neat.

Post found :- Mei - The Silver Surfer - #15 by GeoffGoodman

Make it an ability that she must do it over a predefined distance, must like Rein’s charge! That way she doesn’t have to look down, it’s not indefinite, and there are risks in using it.

1 Like

Competitive ice skate racing.