[Mei-gathread] Does Mei feels balanced and underpowered at the same time?

Since the forum is letting me post links again, here’s the post on reddit I referred to the other day with examples of Mei’s bugs. These wall bugs really need addressing.

Edit: I accidentally linked an old one (so not the one I referred to, but I’m looking for that now). Still useful though as some of these bugs still exist.

Edit 2: And here’s the recent post I did refer to, the one that provides examples of Mei’s wall placement bug: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/8u0s1f/blizzard_its_been_at_least_nine_months_can_we_fix/

2 Likes

Here’s part of the stream where they talked about Mei’s alternative fall-off damage for those who don’t want to watch the entire stream:

I really hope to see that buff live, because makes no sense leaving Mei’s icicles with 3 penalities to the secondary fire; also why buff the hitscans but not a projectile hero? I’m sure they don’t have a reason to leave Mei in this state

For a strange reason my browser won’t load the clip and the icons of the users of the forum

1 Like

I think when Hanzo can chuck a billion icicle like projectiles rapid fire, there’s no concern about her outpacing Hanzo.

And the McCree buff also makes much less likely to stomp on his effective range.

1 Like

Here’s a direct link to it: Twitch

Do you remember the another thread i linked in the main thread? Probably it could become the new Meigathread, because i can’t anymore edit the main thread of this one for an unknown reason

BTW, i think the Mei’s icicle buff should go live, because if hitscans get a buff, Mei should get a buff too, otherwise she would be completely useless compared to an hitscan, also because aiming an icicle is harder than aiming with an hitscan, and the icicles has 3 disadvantages: projectile nature, cast time and falloff, so getting rid of falloff is a good option.

Plot twist: i modified the title, so here’s the new link: About the Mei buffs and bugs

2 Likes

After playing with Sym3.0 a bit I think Mei doesn’t counter her as hard as before, or at least Sym has counter play now. At long range Mei has an advantage with higher fire rate and projectile speed, though Sym can also chip her down by spamming small orbs. At medium range it depends on whether Mei can play around teleporter. As Sym you can TP, shoot a big orb, and go back. You can also use sentries to distract Mei and chip her down. At close range even though Mei will properly win, Sym can still put sentries around herself and shoot orbs to limit Mei’s fighting time, or TP away if she have teleporter beforehand.

So basically it goes from Mei hard counters Sym to Mei got an advantage.

1 Like

I don’t know if this was mentioned before, but Ana can now heal Mei in Cryo-Freeze.

Can you still make it a wiki by pressing the little wrench below your first post?

If you can, then give it a try.

1 Like

mei’s MB1 would kill her turrets and still freeze her.

TBH as mei i dont think i have ever lost a 1v1 vs sym since her rework.

unless u get tricked into going into 3 turrets w/o knowing (can wall between u and them if u do know they are there) Mei should never die to sym up close. may not always kill sym, but she will either die or teleport away.

today i froze ulted bastion and shot him 3 or 4 times 2 in the head and he unfreezes and walks away and heals himself. i was so sad. it felt bad.

i saw hog walk out of my ult freeze two in the lijang tower.

There isn’t any wrench, but for a strange reason the pencil reappered, so i can edit the main thread

1 Like

Great. I would like to keep this thread as Mei-ga thread.

Are you level 3 on the forums?
Can you post pictures, links and videos?
I belive you have to be level 3 to see the wrench.

1 Like

What is this level thing?

I can link things now, and if i press the gear in edit section i can insert date

Probably, i will see what is that

BTW, is there something i should insert in the main thread? Also i don’t have anymore idea about the title. I also updated milestones and buff ideas/fixes section

1 Like

Trust level on the forums.

So that means you can post pictures as well.

If you can post pictures then you have trust level 3 as well.

Tips and tricks maybe?
It could be useful for new players and players who want to play Mei more often.

2 Likes

How do i see it? In settings?

Cool

Could be an idea, idk if i should do a different thread where everyone can ask things or add tips here. Also i’m gold, a GM or a Top 500 knows more things than me

I just checked yours. You’re trust level 2.
http://red-rose.com/forum-trust-level/?bnetId=Str1kernaut%232514

I’m trust level 3.
http://red-rose.com/forum-trust-level/?bnetId=bloggerman%232672

This means you can’t post videos and pictures yet.

How to get trust level 3:

1 Like

I wasn’t even aware this was a thing

I thought it was just some bb code I didn’t know how to properly input to get links and vids

1 Like

I have a question: when usually the PTR patch goes live? Should we expect a patch that buffs DPS and Mei separate from the introduction of Hammond or a single patch for both?

So… Mei mains, are you all ready to dust off the ol’ arctic jacket and polish your blasters? I sure am. I look forward to seeing you all back in the fray.

3 Likes

The Berlin Wall Mei-ta is the next meta!

BTW, i really hope to see her buffed in live version, because i read players complaining with many misconceptions about this buff, believing she will be again a sniper or a MeiCree. Never read something more wrong than these things. I also debunked these two myths in the thread i linked in the buff suggestions.