[Mei-gathread] Does Mei feels balanced and underpowered at the same time?

This is one of the things i always said: raising her damage potential, the consequence will be a faster charging ultimate. But buffs like this would be nothing without making the ultimate more reliable (stronger slow down, issues that makes it disappear) and the cryofreeze too (fixing the “favor the shooter issue”: being stunned, hooked, hacked, earth-shattered while entering in cryo and it goes on cooldown) and making wall blueprint visible to teammates.
Also changing a bit the primary fire to make it more useful and less frustrating to play against.

BTW is normal i can’t edit anymore the main thread? There isn’t anymore the edit button

4 Likes

Here you go:

(Clicking this link will show you all the patch notes about Mei.)

1 Like

With continuous user input and without huge packet loss or highly variable ping it makes no sense that the server would chop up a continuous stream of user input (e.g. “exit cryo”-key pressed in one frame and movement key pressed in the following frame(s) ) and lead to a delay on server side.
Delays may happen due to packet loss or varying ping, in which case you would notice this in any situation. But there’s no technical reason at all why it should almost reliably (or even exclusively) happen exactly between exiting cryo and trying to place a wall or move. So that’s either a wacky netcode implementation and/or prioritisation.

1 Like

Well, for an unknown reason i can’t edit the main thread. Is this normal? What should i do?

There are the first notes but nothing about the icicles and blizzard balancing. Because if i remeber correctly she got a nerf of fire ratio, then a buff to it, then falloff, then ultimate radius increase. Probably i have to find old patch notes

“For changes made to Mei’s abilities, see Endothermic Blaster, Cryo-Freeze, Ice Wall, and Blizzard.”

If you press those links can you see the patch notes of her abilities, even from the beta.

1 Like

Ah sorry, didn’t saw it, i have 2 questions:

1. The ultimate cost increase by 15% is universal for all the heroes or only for Mei? I remember like there was an universal nerf to the ultimate chrarge to all the heroes
  2. What does is mean “Mei now can be targeted by allies while in cryofreeze”?
  3. Is still possible allied abilities and attacks can pass throught cryofreeze?.

BTW i still can’t edit the main thread, and for a mysterious reason the edit button from the main thread is gone

Can you change it to a wiki post with the buttons below it?

Are you referred to the wiki page or this thread?
BTW no, the only buttons aviable are: share, remove bookmark, flag

i would like it easier to freeze and left mouse click fire. right now i freeze and they run away before i can shoot them.

Rest in pepperoni. Why are you in that very low rank?
BTW i have some tips for you:

1. Spam icicles as much as you can
  2. Use cryofreeze only to bait enemies cooldowns (stuns, DF’s meteor strike, many other ultimates) and to heal yourself in necessities cases, don’t use it when you certainly know you will die
  3. Use ice wall to split enemies, to block some ultimates (meka, DF’s meteor strike)
  4. Put a wall before using blizzard, then try to freeze someone inside the ultimate range, then kill them
  5. Remember Mei is a more team based character.
  6. If you think you aren’t doing well, switch characters.
  7. Adjust you sensitivity (use PSA method described by ioStux), train you aim with Aim Hero (fov 71, sensitivity that you use)
  8. Learn an hero that has impact (Mei is pretty hard at low ranks, because she has a low win rate), i would suggest you Pharah, S76, Hanzo, Zarya, Brigitte, Reinhardt

I dont think Mei need anymore buffs, she feels strong atm.
It is just that current meta is Hanzo meta and Hanzo hard-counters Mei.

Not to say you cannot play Mei this meta, after all it is a Reinhardt Meta to and Mei is the hardest Reinhardt counter ingame. I often win games solely based on removing the enemy Reinhardt from play and hoping my team can capitalize on that.

1 Like

Well, the new patch is alive. What do you think? How well Mei synergizes with Sym? How hard Mei gets countered by Sym?
BTW, here’s what i found about Mei’s bug “fixes”:

Mei

Fixed a bug that prevented Mei from receiving environmental kill credit if her targets were frozen
Fixed a bug that caused Mei’s projectiles to appear that they weren’t passing through friendly barriers

Still not fixes for the issues we’re talking about

1 Like

Mei still wrecks Sym 24/7 unless Sym can wear her down and force cryo, even then I suppose Mei can still escape with ice wall.

Not totally sure not synergy coz haven’t tested it yet, but I think Sym is actually better on attack as turrets can now somehow deny vantage points, and her ult completely deny the positional advantage of the defending team

2 Likes

There’s a thread on Reddit that has a lot of evidence for Mei’s broken wall placement. I would post here, but for whatever reason, this forum isn’t letting me post links.

This needs to be addressed already. Can we please have these and the cryo bug fixed next patch. . . I mean, she really needs these fixes. :pray:

3 Likes

Solo ulted a hog today. On Nepal, completely flat surface. Absolutely nothing or anyone around to possibly break LOS. No hero on their team that could undo a freeze effect.

He got fully frozen, I get 1 headshot off and he just unfreezes while standing next to my active blizzard and walks away.

Anyway that was my random worst moment for today. Back to the topic of Mei changes.
Why does Mercy’s GA not get affected by the slow mechanic? I can be 1 tick away from freezing her and she just fullspeeds out of there, it’s probably the most frustrating thing on my list of Mei issues that I wouldnt necessarily consider a bug (although it might be, I cant even tell the difference anymore between bugs and “working as intended” in this game sometimes)

2 Likes

Use preformatted text. I would link that thread here, but for a strange reason i can’t edit the main thread. BTW do you mean “i place it in a place but it places before the desired spot”?

This buff for primary fire and ultimate could be pretty useful, it’s similar to Zarya’s graviton treatment: every movement ability gets affected by freeze. But to implement this i think we should get rid of complete freeze on primary fire, leaving only a slow down effect

1 Like

Kinda, yeah. Lot’s of the examples showed the wall being placed in the wrong place. For example, a wall placed right in-front of an ulting Mcree, but instead it places itself in a doorway way behind him. Lots of examples like that.

I actually had a new Mei bug today, concerning the wall, yet again. This time, I had a friendly Brig knock a frozen Hanzo through my wall and to safety.

Also, I must say, I love the new group up feature for when I play tank or healer, as it guarantees I’m not a solo tank or healer, however, I’m finding it impossible to use for when I want to play Mei. I have a feeling this is gonna drop her pick rate substantially, as if don’t use the group up feature, and pick Mei, then everyone just plays DPS. I feel like I’m really lucky whenever I manage to find a game that allows me to play Mei as part of an actual team. Doesn’t help that I tend to play tank and Mei, rather than DPS. Would honestly love if they made her an off-tank just to deal with that headache :joy:

3 Likes

I found a new bug.

Mei’s primary fire pierces through walls and objects:

You can’t freeze enemies with it. Only the particle effects go through walls and objects.

1 Like

A Mei bug that doesn’t negatively affect her kit? willing to bet that that one will be fixed pretty fast >.>

3 Likes

it does :expressionless:

Freeze = hard CC.

nothing can be done when you are frozen.