Mei Freeze Spam

I’m glad you agree, but please don’t revive old threads.

Can I just ask, why are you attacking mei on your own and why are you engaging her close up? Mei punishes bad positioning and teamwork.

Dont see why it matters, tbh.

It takes around 3 seconds to freeze you.
You stay frozen for even longer than that.

It’s even worse when you find out that you’re still getting slowed down by her primary fire for a second after she stops trying to freeze you, and her ultimate ring is innacurate. I literally got frozen by standing outside of it several times.

2 Likes

It takes 1.5 seconds to freeze you, of which you are moving at 70% speed the instant she touches you with her freeze. The freeze then lasts for 1.5s and then she can’t freeze you for another 1.5s, but if she’s left clicking you for those 1.5s then you get instantly frozen as soon as that 1.5s of not frozen is up when you’re still moving at 70% speed. Basically she can chain freeze you with 1.5s between freezes when your demobilised and where she can ice wall and/or block off your teammates and regen health. She is overpowered and extremely infuriating to play against because she has so much lasting time. Her ult is even more OP because it stacks with her left click. i.e. she can instantly freeze you if she tosses her ult down and then left clicks you. As a Rein main this is an instakill because the only way to escape mei’s ult is a charge out of it, which can’t happen if she left clicks you even once. They need to nerf freezing in general because it’s basically like a stun that lasts for 1.5 seconds and can happen every 1.5 seconds and penetrates characters, combined with the fact that it is literally impossible to escape from as all but a couple of characters. It is overpowered.

All you have to do is hit her with your hammer a couple times, it aint that hard. As a Mei main, I know how hard that screws me.

Regardless you cant call it overpowered simply because you’re playing a character to whom she counters. May has the hardest stun in the game to land as it requires a long-term aiming, and she really isn’t as easy as you think she is. You would know that if you played her.

If you don’t like being frozen as Reinhardt, then play Orisa. If you don’t want to play Orisa, that’s fine, but don’t complain about her being overpowered when you have other options.

Except freeze is her primary fire, you know the thing that heroes use most.

her freeze is way too spammable is the point tho

Still remains relevant even today

its not really close tho…

no, mei is fine, learn to play as a team.

I literally can’t kill Mei before she freezes me in a 1v1 unless I get an insanely lucky pin off. Even if I get her to ice block I can’t retreat due to the slowdown of her left click which lasts too long, I also can’t shield myself from it because she can just push through my shield whilst holding down left click. The only way to win against a Mei is if I have a Zarya which saves bubbles for me and not for when she wants charge, in qp this is very rare, or a dps that actually focuses a Mei, which is even rarer. The new rein changes (if they go through) will maybe help but again, I can’t retreat if walled off. My point is: Rein isn’t a high mobility character, he’s the lowest mobility when shielding, Mei is supposed to be a counter to high mobility heroes because she counters their mobility, instead she absolutely shafts anyone with low mobility who can’t get away in time such as Rein. And Mei requires no “long term aiming” against a Rein. Imo cc is the worst thing about this game, it’s frustrating and when stacked with other cc there’s literally no counterplay.

1 Like

Or instead of imposing cooldowns, make the endothermic blaster cost more ammo to freeze with.