Mei Freeze Spam

This has to come to an end.

Add a cooldown between freezes from mei, that spam freezing is so annoying & frustrating…

9 Likes

Give people a tiny time period between her left click after she freezes you so you have chance to run away

3 Likes

So…Take away the whole point to her character? If you get close to Mei and don’t get out in like 2 seconds you’re frozen. That’s her thing. That’s her character

12 Likes

No…Not really… Take McCree in comparison. His Flashbang does not make him who he is. You can stun somebody but if your aim sucks the target has chance to run away while with mei…if she freezes you then it’s 100% your dead

3 Likes

You dont have a chance to run from mei. thats the thing that is BROKEN.

2 Likes

I like her they way she is with her freezing, just keep a distance.
“Hang in there!”

3 Likes

Not a fair comparison. McCree’s flash bang happens instantaneously. Mei has to work to freeze you for multiple seconds. It’s a one two punch and you’re suggesting we make it less effective. She’s bottom tier and freezing people is her schtick. Let Mei be Mei

5 Likes

There is. It’s 1.5 seconds between freezes minimum.

2 Likes

Increase to 3.

20characters

Why?

She’s barely used much in Competitive.

2 Likes

People want to get close enough to count her eyelashes and then get shocked when they’re frozen

3 Likes

No. There’s nothing wrong with Mei.

Heck, her CC is more fair than a lot of other CC in the game. 1.5 seconds to freeze you for 1 second. You have 1.5 seconds to escape or fight back, and that’s assuming she’s not being pressured in any other manner and can follow up with a headshot which isn’t always possible if she’s being pressured too much.

7 Likes
  1. Mei doesn’t need nerfs.
  2. Being annoying is not a valid reason to ask for nerfs.
  3. Some heroes are more vulnerable to freeze than others. In this game is it all about switching if you are getting countered to counter the enemy. Mei is not an exception.
4 Likes

Bubble also resets your freeze status. So have a Zarya on your team, when they have a Mei.

The problem with Mei is that she’s supposed to counter mobility, but instead she ends up being oppresive against the heroes with poor mobility and useless against the mobile ones.

What I’d like to see them try is to make Mei freeze heroes faster depending on their move speed.
-If you stand still it would take longer to freeze.
-If you are running, it’s the standard time to freeze.
-Moving faster than that (Soldier sprint, Lucio speed, Brig’s ult) freezes faster.
-Extreme mobility like Tracer’s blinks, Sombra’s translocator, D.Va’s boost, Genji’s dash… Instant freeze.

This way, you are encouraged to move slowly and kill her, or commit to an escape and risk getting oneshotted.
Which could NOT happen since she’s been spraying you with ice for less time, that means she didn’t damage you enough.
Or maybe increase the damage she does with the target speed as well, dunno.

To balance out this (IMO) buff, the aiming sensitivity of the target would not be affected until they are completely frozen solid. (Right now their aim sens is slowed as well I believe)

Not sure if this would work but I’d like to at least see the guys in blue try.

Is this a joke post? McCree’s “character” is that he’s a close to mid-range duelist. I’d argue that thematically his flashbang is what fits him the LEAST. His gun is a revolver. The way he fights is with precise shots. Taking Mei’s freeze would be like making McCree’s revolver fire like an SMG.

Meanwhile thematically, and design wise, Mei is entirely tied to freezing you if you get close to her.

3 Likes

Being annoying is not a valid reason to ask for nerfs

This. Awesome point

2 Likes

How badly does one have to suck at aiming to miss fth

I’m fine with it. I usually kill her before she gibs me. :smiley:

Just play doomfist and punch her in her pretty face. No nerfs necessary.