Mei ability to move faster

I think Mei is fine since her thing is slowing people down. It is just you can’t slow down all things as there is no slowing down blink or swift strike. They just completely ignore slow down effects. No need to movement speed a character if they are meant to check it by slowing it down on top of providing walls to inhibit movement.

The ice effect to move faster on it would be pretty fun though.

Her freeze is just a cheese tactic that would actually be overpowered in ow2. CC has been reduced across the board. If mei got her freeze back, she’d absolutely be overpowered and it would be a worse situation than sombra.

1 Like

I’m in favor of allowing Mei to iceskate.

It’s just as OP said, mei can’t join back to fight quickly.

Allowing her to iceskate means that she has to use her ammo for a speed boost. If she use it to catch up to an enemy, then Mei has the risk of having less ammo. Reloading allows the enemy to have the first shot and using the iceblock to reload means the enemy has time to escape.

But the biggest reason why I think it’s should be added is:

Mei lost her freeze and became lot more bland. She also lacks a passive ability.
This could be her new passive, and it would make her more unique and enjoyable.

1 Like

A character that can move fast while slowing you down is the worst possible idea.

Not to mention she already has not 1 but 2 ways for escaping.

1 Like

Wait… two ways of escaping? What are they? Ice wall could be, because it lets her put distance between her and you. But what’s the second?

1 Like

Stop demanding freeze to come back. It’s terrible and the game is better without it.

Ice skating is something that was requested but Geoff said this

Freeze should not come back in its original form, but it should be part of her kit beyond her ultimate.

Make freeze a skill shot with a cool down like soldier 76 helix rockets and give tanks a healthy dose of resistance.

There Mei is back remembering how ice works and she has a new skillful tool.

I don’t see anyone crying over sleep dart so it should be possible to add this to mei and not the truly lazy iteration we have now in OW2.

1 Like

All i want is the freeze back. The slow is bad…

1 Like

This is all I ask for as a Mei main. If you’re going to remove the thing she is known for, buff her accordingly. Instead Blizzard also nerfed the rest of her kit (:

1 Like

She’s got he second-largest health pool out of DPS number one if you take into account her heal where she has more health than some tanks like doom and queen. she got her damage on her beam doubled to 100 from 50 and her ice wall just got fixed it was unacceptable tho how they let that come out of beta

Great, so now she can stay alive not getting any value (:

Wow, now she can do the same damage as Hanzo without the ability to 1 shot and at 1/50th of the range. Or damage between stage 1 and 2 of old Sym on a projectile beam. That one buff definitely makes up for 2 severe wall nerfs and completely destroyed utility of freeze and the direct and indirect Blizzard nerfs because of this. I’m glad I can watch a zen orb negate all my left click damage, definitely worth the trade off of cancelling casting ultimate’s while Kiriko hard counters my entire kit.

So they fixed 1 bug that they introduced with OW2 that was a critical bug literally every Mei main reported 5 months ago and that makes up for her entire kit being destroyed? But they still haven’t addressed abilities, shots and ultimates going through it and also made this worse with OW2.

If a hero like Genji or Tracer had their entire purpose ripped from them then ontop of that get bombarded with nerfs the world would implode. But because it’s Mei it’s perfectly fine… We have Genji’s freaking out because god forbid Blizzard lower his ammo pool and reduce his damage by 2 after having all his counters removed. How about we reduce his dash range, ultimate damage, dash damage, reflect cancel, half his reflect time and then buff his double jump height. I’m sure that would make him balanced because he’d still have the most mobility of the entire DPS roster.

okay one mei would be broken and make suppoerts leave faster than Genji if she froze if they feel helpless now wait till they have to deal with not being able to do anything while a chinas girl shoves ice into their eyes and with the reduction of a tank mei would dominate so hard being able to stop and tank in their tracks and letting the team feast and on genjis nerf i think it was just weird the main problem was the dps passive and taking away 25% of his mag is a lot what if mei just lost damage and ammo its a lot like junk rat lets go with removing 10 damage from each bomb and remove a bomb it would hurt a lot can i still play him yes but people still seam to think he’s op and un killable but back on point mei with that powerful of a cc would make the game horrible it would be brig 2.0

I’m sorry but the game was much better with freeze in it. I could play it for hours on end as freezing was so fun. Game isa hell of alot more empty for me without it. Enjoying the game so much less. Just because some people found it slightly annoying in the 1 in 20 matches you actually even saw her wasn’t enough to justify ruining Mei mains entire experience of the game.

it would be neat :3 that much can be said! And regroup/escape and engagement kit will definitely make her more versatile!

I’m sorry as well and disagree to your statement. Being frozen for few secs and not able to do anything is just terrible for ult it’s fine but for her primary weapon nope.

If freeze has to be added
1). do it for pve
2). for pvp. let her altfire freeze.

2 Likes

LOL? You’re complaining about the dumbest thing i’ve ever heard of. You act like every dps is super fast which is not true.

What are the 2 ways ? I know for the wall but what’s the second ? Her ice block ? How is she escaping she’s just freezing herself in the middle of the fight.

Imagine crying over not having a primary freeze ability, such low skill effort holding down primary just to get a free shot. LEARN A SKILL BASE HERO!
This is why Mei players don’t deserve any respect. Bunch of laughing stock. Lol
They’re too lazy to learn even an average skill hero like soldier but they prefer to play a brain dead hero, thinking they’re good. Wahhh cry more. I’m thrilled it’s gone.

Don’t need to be mean. If your mad about something you can say it but more kindly. Or just don’t comment, now, get off my post

So sensitive, typical Mei players lol Jesus