[MEGATHREAD] Symmetra 3.0

I think Sym would be fixed with a few buffs, but i’m not a Sym player. I think it’s weird that they didn’t even touch Sym after her re-release, seems like they are ignoring her or pretending she’s a non-issue.

Sym need some QoL changes and buff, I have some ideas to make her less clunky.

• Up the live stats from 200hp (100hp/100s) to 250 (100hp/150s).
  • Reduce the casting time of the TP to 0.5 sec.
  • Give to TP more HP and amplify the interaction radius.
  • Make the beam more thick and change the lvl 1 damage from 60 to 90.
  • bring back the ticrate to 4 and make the beam no spameable giving a re-use time of 1 second, that will fix the exploit.
2 Likes

She really does need to have the Primary Weapon / Survivability issue tackled. If New Torb can tear butts apart instantly without having a 4 second ramp up and a near doubling of HP on demand, some just very minor tweak to Symmetra doesn’t seem that crazy.

6 Likes

In FACT, Overwatch is a HYBRID taking from FPS AND MOBA. At least that is what it was advertised at when released. But do go on…

Forget about Winston? Sure, his does require some aiming, but you are basically saying that people who are not as good at aiming with a Mouse (Older people, handicapped people) have no business playing this game…

Sorry, but that sounds like a cop out in my opinion.

So is having ticked off a Tracer and having her target you the rest of the match, but it IS allowed an even encouraged. Symmetra is more like Moria now, an I have no problem aiming with Moria. BUT OTHER PEOPLE DO. I am not going just from my perspective, but for everyone who plays Symmetra.

Why, because I actually liked this game till “THEY” decided to wreck Heroes that streamers don’t like. Mercy is one, Symmetra is another. I might come back one day, if “THEY” get their act straight and actually FIX heroes instead of wrecking ones that don’t match “THEIR” OWL expectations.

“Yes, it was annoying to get away from, so is Junkrat’s grenades/mines,”

Humm, OOPS you didn’t see that Trap around the corner and are now stuck. ‘DEAD’

“Widowmaker’s poison/head-shots”

Firstly, how would you know. You didn’t play her often. Secondly, you MISSED the poison. You’re low health, get just about to a health pack… ‘DEAD’

Let me guess, you are an xQc or Seagull fan? Certain things have “No place in a FPS.” BUT YOU FORGET, this is a HYBRID GAME, taking things from MOBA as well. At least that is HOW this game is supposed to be, seems that “THEY” want to change such a great game that allowed tons of different people to play a game they normally couldn’t (Older gamers, physically handicapped gamers) to a CS-GO knockoff. THAT, THAT RIGHT THERE IS WHAT I AM GOING ON ABOUT.
That is why I am still complaining about the Reworks (Mercy, Roadhog, Symmetra and Patches that hide problems like Reinhardt’s Earthshatter animation change) that are making VIABLE Heroes trash tier instead of fixing their problems.

That is ANOTHER problem, getting to Level 2. I notice you don’t play Moria/Zaria either, don’t like beam weapons? Beam weapons, by your logic, are easier. Fact is they are a lot harder to aim than your preferred Hero’s weapons because one little giggle and you’re off target an in Symmetra’s case she loses damage output. Tracer, Hanzo, McCree don’t along with Moria and Zaria. Since you do not play the last 2, it is hard for you to compare what these changes do to Symmetra, which is why (going back a bit):

(no it wasn’t, but that is besides the point)

You see thing ONLY from your perspective, like everyone, so I was using comparisons to show how changing YOUR preferred Heroes would make YOU feel. These changes have changed Symmetra and not for the better. Walk a mile in someone else’s shoes and you might understand how they feel. Yes, I am trying to compare Apples to Oranges, hit-scans to Lock-on beams, but how else are you gonna understand where I or anyone else is coming from if there is no comparison?
OK, lets put something in that you MIGHT (hopefully) understand, take away Soldier 76’s Ultimate, the EASY mode Aim Bot. VERY annoying, impossible to get away from, etc. But take it out of the game an there would be constant complaints about it. Now to you see where I am coming from, or are you gonna keep on saying that ‘This and That do not belong in a FPS’?

7 Likes

A force wall the push enemies away for 3 seconds would be cool, enemies won’t go through the wall but allies can.

Like I’m not even asking for a major change from 3.0 – if the Devs want that, okay. Whatever. I enjoy playing Sym 3.0, theoretically.

It’s just she has some very obvious flaws that need addressing. We can take baby-steps with this, I don’t care, as long as it’s any steps.

2 Likes

It is not and was not ever advertised as a hybrid FPS MOBA because it shares literally nothing in common with a MOBA. Seriously why do people keep saying this?

1 Like

Ummm yeah… Because it is a TBS (Team Based Shooter) that has aspects of both a FPS (First Person Shooter) and an MOBA (Massive Online Battle Arena). That is how it was advertised…

An here is the development definition of Overwatch:
h ttps://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Development_of_Overwatch

Doubt it if you like, but with the different game modes it has more in common with DOTA (pure MOBA) than with Doom or CS-GO (both pure FPS).

1 Like

FPS is a very wide genre that just wraps any game that is based in first person and uses some sort of weaponry.

But no, it is not a MOBA. It never has been. MOBAs are actually a very precise subgenre of RTS games. The only thing the two share in common is the concept of hero classes that have abilities, which is a decades old concept that comes from RPGs.
The game modes also have almost zero relation with dota. I’m not sure in what way they’re even remotely similar? Overwatch is about delivering payloads and capturing objectives (game modes that have been in FPS games pretty much since they came out, btw) and dota is a fight to destroy an enemy base while pushing three lanes of creeps and fighting base defense structures (towers). What relationship do the two of these have besides two teams that have RPG-style hero characters?

is it weird that I actually like the rework? It gives sym more utility. All I would say is buff the primary and increase teleporter cast time and you have got yourself a non troll pick character!

1 Like

Before, there was another Symmetra MEGATHREAD that had a great list of minor buffs and QoL changes that would’ve helped her in the game. Sadly, I doubt Blizzard even considered to look at it since “Symmetra is not meta.” And more than likely, they won’t look at this one, either. But I’m hoping that one day, they will notice just how much worse she has gotten because of the “rework”.

3 Likes

Which button do you use to interact?

Remove Teleporter Duration

• the range isnt that long anyways either way its going to get destroyed if its really a threat. i dont get why it have to have a duration for that short amount of distance. just remove the duration. i can live a slightly longer CD but remove the duration cause it’s pointless. it makes the teleporter more of a self-serving skill.
    when CD is up you can relocate it.

-make the teleporter aura that gives directional clue more obvious

3 Likes

The default one. It’s not an issue to me.

I can say that I’m in agreement with you on all points except for increasing her health. I think it’ll probably just look awkward. Maybe with the higher consistency in damage she won’t need it.

You’ve got it.

This is also vital. The TP should not take so long to deploy.

1 Like

YES. Another Sym Megathread! This needs to happen!

1 Like

Because controllers have so few buttons and since you can only bind one-to-one a lot of people had already bound other things (i.e emotes, status lines, sprays, abilities) to the “interact” button. For me the only button I have available on a number of heroes is L3; on the d-pad I have Group up, Ult charge, Need healing, and the communication wheel and then the rest of their kit usually takes up the remaining buttons.

1 Like

I’ve honestly learned how to use the other communication lines without changing their bindings. I can literally reach them in less time than it takes to jump so it’s definitely possible.

90~100 DPS isn’t exactly a lot at stage one. It’s the same as low charge Zarya except much more risky to use with the lower range and Sym’s fragility, the risk on Sym’s current M1 isn’t worth the reward.

5 Likes

People like you are the reason it’s difficult to have a civil discussioj on these forums.

2 Likes