Megathread part 4.1 (oct 2018) beam buff not enough!

hopefully it’s on the ptr today

ITS HERE! On the PTR right now! Alongside the new Horizon Lunar Colony

She’s AWESOME. I’m gonna have to rebind Sentries to scroll wheel, and teleporter to shift though because the standard controls feel weird now. Projectiles on Shift never feels right to me

And the mega Photon Barrier looks awesome

It’s a bit weird gauging the range of her new beam, but that will just take some getting used to. She feels amazingly solid on the PTR. Nothing feels underpowered or overpowered to me, though i haven’t played many games yet

3 Likes

That’s the problem like you literally have to try her out before giving an full explanation. She’s worst than 2.0 especially with this kit.

Meanwhile on Console: Cries in Symmetra because there is no console ptr

1 Like

Her Oasis teleporter doesn’t have the flower anymore
please be a oversight, please be a oversight, please be a oversight

2 Likes

I’ll report that on the bug report forums

I agree she feels so smooth to play with with the new kit. I love the newer, polished visuals of her energy attacks and her Photon Barrier.

Using the Teleporter in AI matches isn’t very useful but with a coordinated team it’ll make breaking through a choke point that much easier.

I think she’ll be my go-to Damage pick when I’m not playing a healer.

2 Likes

Being able to deal with tracers more effeciently by throwing turrets fast will be fun

1 Like

I’m on console so I can’t test the changes out. I’ve heard the alt fire still goes through barriers. Can anyone confirm this?

It doesn’t though. The turrets aren’t instant. You’ll have to get those tracking skills up if you want to microwave Brit chick!

It definitely helps her against Tracer. The moment Tracer recalls you can get all 3 up almost instantly, and with no slowdown

1 Like

I kind wish they gave her the ability to choose between Photon Barrier and Shield Generator.

2 Likes

What if they gave Symmetra the option of either Shield Gen or her teleporter for her E.

2 Likes

From what I am seeing in other forum posts is that the of her Photom Barrier to her ult makes her a nerfed Zarya. I am a Console master race (kappa) so I can not test her out myself. I think she is fine the way she is because A) what about heroes such as Zen, who is if not the slowest hero in the game one of the slowest and B) She can TP herself and her team across the map/choke etc every 11 seconds.

1 Like

We made it fellow Queen mains!

2 Likes

One thing I put in the general feedback thread, I think it’s worthy putting here as well:

That point I’m standing is the literal max range of her new beam. If I take a step back, it no longer hits. It’s neither as long as Zarya’s, or as forgiving as Moira’s.

3 Likes

Not bad, but I think replacing the projected barrier, which is an in-combat ability with the tele-on-demand, which is an out-of-combat ability, was a bad move. The wacky-wavy-inflatable-arm-flailing gimmicks are fun to watch on youtube, but the general application of the tele vs. the barrier doesn’t seem like a reasonable trade off.

We’ll see what happens, but my money’s on this change not making her a more popular pick, which was the stated goal of the re-work.

2 Likes

Been playing symm like crazy since she went live and I think her primary fire and her TP are just bad.
The biggest problem is her primary fire. Someone told me it was something to do with the tick rate, but I basically noticed she puts out WAY less damage than she’s supposed to be putting out on paper. Mercy out-healed my fully charged beam when I was attacking an Orisa. She’s also got the same old problems of being too squishy to fight up in close range with her beam.
The TP is basically Reaper’s shadow step, I feel like it would be better if the TP set up faster like instantly or 1 second at most. Apparently it’s supposed to save you from grav but it sets up so slow you’re dead by the time you can actually use it (esp with grav/dragon combo).
If these issues were addressed Symm would definitely be more viable.
On a plus note I was wrong about the photon barrier. Been able to pull of some game-winning plays with it. I knew it’d be an ok ult I just didn’t expect it to be good.

4 Likes

On another note, anyone else notice your turrets no longer do that red warning flash on your screen when they get destroyed? I was wondering why I’d look away one second and then all of a sudden my turrets were destroyed without me noticing.

3 Likes

These are just some ideas for changes for her ult.

• Have it give all allies who walk through it 75 shields until the ult ends

• Have it slow enemies down by 50% if they walk through it

• Make it use Shield Generator as it’s source, like how Wintson’s and Orisa’s barrier have little generators (I assume that’s what they are).

2 Likes