[Deflect Megathread] It's finally happening

That’s f**king great :laughing:. Leave it to the genji mains to call out something broken.

Just watch, Blizzard will nerf Brigittes shield bash and leave genjis deflect alone again.

7 Likes

it will definitely happen and it won’t surprise me at all.

You know they will.
No one gets to have large invisible hitboxes except Genji

3 Likes

i hate the new forums it sucks the owner can bum there own threads

1 Like

Well, the man himself finally responded… on a totally different thread made 5 hours ago but that’s cool I guess.

I think I can safely put this thread to rest now till we see the changes

10 Likes

Genji is finally getting nerfed. Tracer next?
Anyway, even if the hitbox is still the same but the VFX is matched is still a nerf to Genji. Hero like McCree can now learn & see in pure visibility how the deflect works & simply jump then throw a flashbang above the VFX just like how he did with Rein shield.

2 Likes

HOLY S**T, they actually are working on fixing it!
I am surprised and happy.
After they implement the removal of the invisible hitbox, then genji mains can actually say they have a skill based hero

2 Likes

Whelp, going to eat my words here. Looks like they are finally taking a look at his deflect hitbox, thanks for voicing your opinions and keeping this thread alive people.

2 Likes

Holy cow. It’s finally happening. Hopefully they address the issues shown in the videos.

2 Likes

Finally they will fix the deflect on some way!!

i’ll

i’ll believe it when i see it.

I mean Jeff has officially stated they will be doing some changes to his deflect. No one knows exactly what that means yet I’m just saying I hope that the issues shown in the various videos are addressed with the changes.

1 Like

It is going to be hilarious if they make the visuals match the actual hitbox, with Genji flailing glowing telephone poles around

1 Like

Just block the damage and its fine. He doesnt need to deflect it all back.

It’s over. We did it. We won

6 Likes

Sleep easy, good sir(s)! We’ve won. Sniffle Sorry! I promised myself I wouldn’t get emotional…

1 Like

We did it!

5 Likes

It’s not over until the change goes off the PTR and to the live version!

1 Like

I’ve changed the thread name since we’ve finally accomplished the goal.
I’m also considering making an updated video with the new deflect, testing to see if there’s any oversights.

3 Likes