{MEGATHREAD} Console Players Still Feeling like 2nd Class Citizens. [400 likes, 1500 responses]

I’ve been on console OW pretty much since day one. While I initially didn’t have friends wanting to play the game, I didn’t really know about this issue. I mean I did not encounter it myself. However I was on the forums very earl on and I think i can remember sonething of the likes. At least it doesn’t feel like I’ve never heard of this, even though it does seem pretty specific.

You’re not wrong, I remember my friends and I getting upset trying to make groups because of that but it was an intermittant issue because sometimes it would work and others it was a nightmare.

I’ve only been playing since 1 day AFTER Winter Wonderland 2016 ENDED(although I had the game a couple days before that, I was just unable to play because the game had to update from day 1 all the way up to that point and my work schedule at the time had me working from 2-11) but I do have 2 friends who have played since day 1 and I’ll ask if they remember having that problem

The fact that there hasn’t been a response from someone significant yet is just proof that they don’t care about the console community. This isn’t too surprising, though, as Blizzard is a company that tends to only focus on PC and completely neglect the console community. They are similar to Valve in that regard.

Remember The Orange Box? It was a collection of Valve games released for Xbox 360 and PS3 and contained Team Fortress 2. Sounds great, right? The problem was they never bothered to update TF2 on console and to this day it remained a botched version of the game.

At least Blizzard updates the console ports of Overwatch, though I do wish there was a sort of separate PTR version of Overwatch you can download on your console for free as long as you own the main game. PUBG on the Xbox One managed to do this with their game, so I don’t why Blizzard can’t do this with Overwatch on the console platforms.

Also Overwatch on the Nintendo Switch would be awesome, as I always take mine around where I go. Paladins just released on the system, so Overwatch could do the same. Maybe even have a special edition with Nintendo-themed cosmetics, such as a Samus skin for Pharah, Zero Suit Samus skin for Widowmaker, Donkey Kong skin for Winston, Pikachu skin for Hammond (with his mech being a Pokeball), etc. Nintendo and Xbox have been very friendly to each other lately, so maybe if you link your Blizzard account to the Switch version, you can access those exclusive cosmetics on your PC and Xbox One if your account is also linked to those systems. Of course PlayStation won’t allow this, but it would be cool to do this between the other ports.

Ib that regard: it took nintendo basically 12 years to engage in crossovers with Ubisoft. Don’t think nintendo would ever allow for nintendo cosmetics to reach any other platform. Would be cool but i don’t believe it.

Abyway. I think we kind of messed it up here guys. I’ve been reading again through the topic and although justified, due to the fact that we have effectively been ignored for over 6months on this forum, our attitude and mentality in regards to this topic has been super negative and defeatist.

Right now I’m trying to put myself in the shoes of the one who’s supposed to take it upon himself to respond. Would you actually do it? Yes we say we just want transparency and a response. But hoe many of the people here will be like “of course we get the typical pr response eith no meaning” and start flaming on the forums…

I think we should start over and do it properly. We can still keep this one up just in case, but we need to change the kind of responses and “bumps” we’re giving.

That’s my input on this.

3 Likes

For what it’s worth, I got a far better response regarding a lot of these things from WyomingMyst than most any staff member would ever be able to give. (Though Wyoming is a Forum MVP, he does not actually represent Blizzard.)

Here is the response from Wyoming that I speak of. You would need to read the 2nd half of the post above (the post made by me) to get a feel for some of the context in his post, but the detail that he’s gone into is amazing.

1 Like

Ok… hold up, I have SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO many ideas for this, like a Samus D. Va where her mech is the ship and and she’s in the Z-Suit, NaNa(or is it PoPo?But basically the Ice Climbers) Mei, Pit/Dark Pit Hanzo, Hylian Brigitte(I’m in the process of drawing this, I have a concept for this in mind, or at least the shield+mace, but I don’t want to start drawing until I’ve got Brigitte finalized too, the mace is a modified Longshot that was rumored to have once helped the Hero of Time travel great distances in his quest to defeat Ganon, but she modified so that now it works like her mace and pushes enemies away from her instead of her pulling them in, and the shield is a Hylian shield that she also modified to be more like hers, but she just bought it at a shop, I just can’t decide between the Kokiri, Zora, or Goron Tunics for her model), or Buff DeDeDe Reinhardt, but by far, I think the best Nintendo themed Overwatch skin(s) would be Warihog and Walurat

I think the switch version of Rocket League comes with 2 exclusive cars(Samus and Mario) that could be used on the other, non-PlayStation platforms(but don’t quote me on that. unless it’s to confirm what I said as true. as I don’t own a Switch yet, I’ve been too poor to buy one, with the 2 jobs I’ve had so far not paying enough for wants that expensive[my first job was CAP2 at Walmart, and it paid slightly more that minimum wage, which was around $9.20 an hour at the time, and I was getting paid $10 an hour, but they didn’t schedule me to have full 40 hour work weeks, they mostly had me working 32 hour weeks unless it was the holiday season, then it was 40 hour weeks, and the only holiday I didn’t have to request off was Christmas] my current job pays me $12 an hour for 40 hour weeks, and I get holidays off, but with the way gas prices are going up, I’m spending ~$30 a week for 9 gallons[sorry I don’t know exact amount under the metric system] of gas, and I think a Switch is around $300, but with what I have to put into savings and rent and everything because I live with my family and pay part of their rent, I have to limit myself to $100 at most each paycheck)

Being a member of the “pro” ps4 scene, it is extremely stressful to see Blizzard’s constant ignoring of the console community. Not only do they treat us like 2nd class, they barely acknowledge the existance of the console community as a whole.

Oh well, as if us console peasants could ever do anything as good as our PC master race gods can.

2 Likes

Has anyone from Bliz actually responded to this yet? I’ve been scrolling for what feels like forever.

(btw awesome job on this thread, I keep seeing it pop up and wish I could like it more than once)

Nope…

1 Like

I have a question for anyone who plays on PS4: the last couple days I’ve noticed that when logging into Overwatch after turning my system on from rest mode, it will go through the login process as normal, pop-up with an error message, and when I go into the game everything seems fine until I go to my friend’s list and it’s empty even though I have 50+ friends online out of just under 300(but it shows that I have 0 friends)……… here’s a video explaining what I mean(well there would be a link here but of course, as soon as I decide to record it, it doesn’t happen, but I will try when I get on tomorrow after I go to sleep later tonight)

1 Like

This happens to me sometimes as well, I believe it’s a glitch.

Yes, I’d rather have nothing. No game is better than a game that doesn’t function or receive the support it’s supposed to. If the devs can’t do the job they set out to do, they shouldn’t have done it. But if they’re going to keep investing in the console version of the game, then they need to step up and actually provide quality support and updates for it.

Do your job well or don’t do it at all. They taking peoples’ money and producing shoddy work. They need to do better.

And it is privileged because you’re assuming that people have the means to just make the switch whenever. Example: I have access to a PS4. It’s my partner’s, not mine, I’m just lucky enough to have access to it. Because of that, I have access to Overwatch. I don’t, however, have access to a PC with the specs needed to play Overwatch. My computer barely meets the bare minimum specs for the game, but it’s so old and out of date (not to mention all the other stuff on there I’m not willing to get rid of) that it doesn’t run. I can’t afford a new computer, nor am I going to go out and buy one just so that I can play one game on it when all the other games I play regularly are on console.

So I don’t have the option of just “giving PC a try”. Not everyone does. So bringing such arguments to the table is unproductive and entitled. If that’s all you have to contribute and you don’t agree with any of the other points console players are discussing, your time would be better spent on other topics where you actually can provide meaningful help and advice.

1 Like

Consoles are Overwatch’s Atlanta.
We know it exist(ed) but Blizzard seems to be unable to find it.

Da duuum ts - Wednesday joke

Same

1 Like

Another day goes by <.>

I don’t know, I don’t got anything to say atm

Every Blizzard dev Ever.

Blizz please!
we need a reply!

Oh, hey look! We’re at post 1,200 now!

You know why I think they don’t respond to any console threads? Because they’re too busy moving ANYTHING and I mean ANYTHING that mentions negativity towards Valkyrie Mercy in the title into the megathread. They’re so proud of Valkyrie that they think if anyone on the forums who hates it, sees that other people also hate it, they’ll start to form together and protest against Valkyrie Mercy. But they think that if a suggestion megathread with 20k+ comments is at the top, people will assume that it’s actually good, and that they won’t read any suggestions because who would want to sit down and read 20k+ posts only to find most of them are negative? Maybe that’s why we haven’t been noticed, we haven’t gotten pinned. If someone at Blizzard would just sit down, click on this thread, and then read your OP Eternity to get a general idea of the thread, there’s a nice little “Summarize” button they could click and see all the other problems we have…

1 Like