[MEGATHREAD] Can You Hear the Audio Issues? I Bet You Can! šŸ”‡

Thank you for sharing your experience, itā€™s much appreciated. It looks like the problems with the missing ult voices lines extends to more heroes than I realized (Iā€™ve only had it happen with Hanzo and McCree so far), good information to have.

2 Likes

Many people like yourself have experienced the ā€œno footstepsā€ Reaper issue, hereā€™s one such video of the problem:

In the killcam he even says ā€œHi!ā€ from point blank behind Widow before killing her, and you donā€™t even hear it. :unamused:

Itā€™s funny because in their original GDC video the Overwatch sound designers stated specifically that Reapers flank killing out of nowhere was a huge problem and that they designed the sound system specifically to address the issueā€¦ Guess somethingā€™s gone wrong in the system. :expressionless:

3 Likes

Thanks so much for sharing your videos! How strange, so the audio is lost in-game but when replayed in highlight the sound FX come back, how bizarre. I have level 3 so Iā€™ll repost these so itā€™s easier for others to playback:

In Game (Missing Audio)

In Highlight (Audio Restored)

2 Likes

For a while Iā€™ve been playing Mcree a lot and when Iā€™m in the training room with the bots the head shot sound sometime happens sometimes you only see the mark that indicated that you hit the target but not sound cue whatsoever. Is the same when collecting health packs and in game is almost a nightmare because you barely hear enemies approaching before you can react and that is the best case when you do.

Iā€™ve uninstall and reinstalled every software and follow all the troubleshoot info giving by blizzard

1 Like

I am having same problem too. I can not hear hit sounds sometimes on pc. Especially when playing Winston.

2 Likes

Someone in General Discussion just made a thread about the audio cutoff issues theyā€™re experiencing:

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Thanks a lot for catching and posting these, Muf, really helps to keep this issue bumped. Iā€™ve added these to the (growing) master list of such threads in my second post and contacted the authors of those threads to share their experiences or videos here if possible. Hopefully the continued push against this issue will make it a higher priority for the devs.

1 Like

We cant forget that a lot of times you cant hear pharah flying above you head.

You only hear her when she is shooting the rockets.

Same with reaper, you only hear him when he shoot

2 Likes

When iā€™m in a game I can hear all of the other game sound effects fine but the voice chat doesnā€™t register. I have tested my mic and looked at my settings but the issue still persists. If I canā€™t communicate with my team then iā€™m going to end up losing a lot of games

1 Like

I found a fix for my sound issues. Turning OFF both LIMIT CLIENT SEND RATE and LIMIT SERVER SEND RATE.

1 Like

Hm. I guess Iā€™m relieved to know itā€™s not just me, but disappointed to know itā€™s a prevalent issue.

Thanks for linking my post, Muf.

same i have sound issue too cant hear enemy footsteps or their ultimateā€™s lots of sound missing from close range attacks and so on its a big issue blizzard need to fix it aspā€¦

1 Like

As of the latest patch, I am still experiencing the voice line audio issues.