ME server not connecting

I have issues connecting with the OW2 servers in the ME region. The game is not able to login at all or gets stuck on ‘entering game’. I have tried multiple things which include:

1. Restart PC
  2. Reinstall GPU drivers
  3. Restart my router

The solution that worked for me was activating a VPN and getting connected to a server not in the ME region, which had egregious 500ms lag.

If you are having similar issues, please upvote this topic and add the errors you are facing in the comments below

1 Like

Are you from Saudi Arabia?

I recommend reviewing this thread:

The ME server did move a while ago, but they have not announced plans to move it again since the majority of players who were connecting to it before are still able to.

I’m the messenger and I do not work at Blizzard.

Firstly, please note that i am connecting from the UAE.

Secondly, it is not an issue of high ping. The server refuses to establish any connection whatsoever. As mentioned above i either fail to login or the client get stuck at the ‘entering game’ screen. I am unable to even see the menu, let alone get into a match to experience high ping.

1 Like

Don’t worry, I don’t think all ME countries are the same place. You just mentioned the ME server, so I would have no way of knowing your country detail. Plus, that thread covers more than just Saudi Arabia—but it happens to be the only country in the thread title.

You narrowed down the problem to a routing error to the server. If the VPN connects you elsewhere, it’s likely the VPN is using those same routes having problems. I don’t have first-hand knowledge of routing tables in the ME, but if it’s anything like the rest of the regions, many ISPs and VPNs have common routing peers.

Did the ISP have anything to say? You could give someone there the IP of the server and ask them to test the connection.

Hi, thank you for the reply,
I believe it is a routing error as you mentioned. I have not contacted my ISP. However today i was able to get into the game but i am being connected to the GSG1 server, which i believe is the Singapore server? Regardless, if you could provide me with the IPs for the ME server i will contact my ISP to see if they can help me with this issue.

Yes, that is the Singapore server.

I believe they are:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.