McCree's Flashbang vs. Mei's Iceblock

So I’m playing Mei, and this McCree is approaching me, and as McCree goes he uses Flashbang. On my screen, I am 1001% sure I clicked Iceblock, but he still killed me. So on the kill cam, it didn’t show me using iceblock.

Has anyone else experienced this weird and unfair thing too?

1 Like

Jardio says hi (20 characters)

3 Likes

Isn’t it called… uh… favor the shooter or something

sort of, except it was Moira fade. it’s probably ping plus favor the shooter mechanics

It’s just latency. Basically the higher your ping (and less intuitively, your opponent’s ping), the earlier you need to be reacting to things.

In general, for any game with client-side hit detection, the aggressor in an encounter always has a slight advantage.

1 Like

217 days ago Geoff said they would fix this “Soon”.

3 Likes

Ping.
Is the real killer.

but there is a difference here, here, for hte mccree, clearly his flashbang should of hit

how do you think i feel being the only guy in a siege lobby with 40 ping when everyone else has 9…

A walking traffic cone?

almost, thankfully i have the reaction advantage usually

And all other defensive abilities, that doesn’t matter. It’s favor the defensive ability.

https://i.imgur.com/HoCRWsl.jpg

Here you go:

1 Like

This happens also to me, and many other players, even if the ping is 60-50ms. This issue is known as favor the shooter and that’s pretty game braking, because it can transform a winnable fight in an automatically lost one