McCree is the new ‘panic Bastion’

McCree’s HP is where it needs to be due to the low mobility he has and the recent nerf to his combat roll.

2 Likes

That’s debatable. Thats more of a positioning issue than a McCree issue. The extra HP on Cree gives him an even larger handicap against flankers in duels he already had an advantage on to win.

There’s no such thing as 625 damage combo. He can flash and fan. That’s a combo. Some additional fan when the stun has worn off is not a combo. At that point you could count Bastions entire magazine a “combo”.

2 Likes

Flash+Fan+Roll+Fan is 625 damage in 1.7sec, with 0.8sec of stun.

That, shouldn’t exist, if devs want to have only 1 Tank in the game.

Generally, Bastion should be the only form of “Ranged Tank buster” that exists.

Which of course also means Hanzo and Echo shouldn’t be Tank busters either.

1 Like

Yesterday I had a competitive match where the enemy Genji switched to McCree for the whole match when he has flashed + FTH’d by our McCree :joy_cat:

Because of many reasons but I don’t think you wanna hear them anyways.

That’s not a combo, it’s a string of moves that can be cancelled either through defensive means or interruption.

2 Likes

Okay, then call it something else.

Doesn’t really change the fact that spitting out 367DPS at range shouldn’t be a thing, outside of Bastion

Much less having the equivalent of 694DPS when you factor in the 0.8sec stun.

No hero should be made intentionally bad & not able to fulfill their duties, especially considering tank variety is at an all time high right now. Not sure what “fixing tanks” means if there’s more variety now than at any other time

This whole “queue times” idea of yours is a fantasy. Nothing will drastically lower queue times until OW2 comes out & brings players

1 Like

Bastion holding left button for 1.7 seconds does 765 damage. Widow preholding can do 600 damage in 0.9 seconds. Many heroes can do 600+ damage in few seconds. Many of them don’t need to use 2 cooldowns and go hug the enemy where it’s almost certain death if they counter.

Being able to do 625 damage in itself isn’t op.

2 Likes

Again.

If you think McCree being #1 in GM is more important than fixing queue times.

Then you’re free to quit the game.

Devs aren’t going to pull in 5-15 million players with OW2 with bad queue times, but then fuss about how one of their 17-20 DPS heroes isn’t top tier

I’d also add that McCree invalidates a lot of DPS heroes for most of the playerbase. When I queue as DPS, I’m guaranteed to go against a McCree nearly every game. I don’t get to play most of the DPS roster unless I want to soft-throw, because McCree can easily invalidate that. And if I do decide to play them, I spend the majority of the match being weary of McCree and not being able to do my job as that DPS properly.

It’s hard for me not to view him as a gatekeeper for both the tank roster (because he melts them) and DPS. I also can’t play certain supports like Zen because I have to put forth SO much more effort than he does to get a kill.

Well yeah, you shouldn’t have Reaper tier anti-Tank, on a sharpshooter.

Kind of where I land with it.

At this point I’m also cool with hero pools. I just want a break from him lmao

Well the idea I got going is pool bundles, that can be voted on.

I.e. “is this going to be a Dive match, or a bunker match, or a Brawl match”

Frankly, I think this is enough.

Enough for now, sure.

But I’m looking towards OW2 stuff.

Ah gotcha. I hesitate to pronounced sentence on what will be needed there until I’ve played it personally so I can’t judge the rest with any confidence on those grounds.

I tend to think ahead a lot.

No shield tanks in Overwatch 2 on defence like Kings Row? - #29 by GreyFalcon-11737

The data doesn’t back up that claim.

However if what you’re saying is mccree will appear as soon as we try to pick the usual flanking / air dps. Yes, he will.

Counters are a thing. If they have junk doom you go double air and they’re toast.

Mccree is only 1% above tracer in pickrate in GM, which is literally the only place where mccree has a positive winrate.

1 Like

McCree can drop below Soldier pickrate for all I care.

Fixing tanks and queue times is more important than which DPS are used most in GM.