McCree is the new ‘panic Bastion’

What? You can’t be serious? :rofl:

People are so desperate to hate on Cree they’re making up absolute lies now.

Cree is one of the worst stalling heroes in the game to

Unlike the other typical ‘stall’ heroes (Mei, Junk, Reaper, etc) Cree absolutely needs a shield tank or someone to hide near as all he has is roll to avoid attacks and then he will be focused down in under a second.

If you’re arguing Cree does work when not being focused in a ‘panic’ then bastion does that 100 times better.

Lol…

1 Like

The only way to stop a bad mcree with a gun is a good mcree with a gun

Blizzard: Okay.
Nerfs Fusion Rifles

1 Like

Weird logic, players playing badly, buff mccree?

Quite funny because I had a McCree panic switch to Bastion. Ironical

It’s not a lie, the majority of my games today I’ve seen multiple players, both on my team and the enemy team swap to him to turn the tide of a fight, usually with success

Just to name a few today I’ve seen Genji’s that dove a back line only to instantly get shut down to then switch to a McCree and suddenly start popping off

Widow’s that repeatedly get dove by Winston’s, Wrecking Ball, D.Va. they’d then switch to McCree and suddenly they weren’t dying (not as much anyway) now they were the ones who were deleting the tanks coming their way

Not to mention multiple players forced to play the mirror matchup just to have a chance at beating him

And that was just today, and I imagine it’ll be the same tomorrow and the next day

Don’t get me wrong I like playing the character, I’ve even got his golden gun so this isn’t a McCree hate thread. It’s just easy to see he’s a little over tuned right now and could do with some nerfs/ reverts

2 Likes

People whining about ‘panic bastion’ is really funny to watch when it happens in chat lol Its funny how mad people get over such a niche character. I guess not really relevant to McCree, but I forgot about people’s reactions to ‘panic bastion’ existed.

I don’t see the problem. There’s always going to be one, and I’d rather players try to switch than continue throwing on their original picks. It’s good for the culture of the game overall.

Way to ignore the actual points I made to discuss your topic and you just reply to the emotional part of my post.

Reply to the actual part of my post that debates your OP.

Says the person who clearly didn’t bother to read my original post, if you did you’d have seen my primary issue with McCree is his close range effectiveness, and how he outclasses many other DPS heroes, not his “stall potential”

The whole ‘panic bastion’ bit was meant to highlight how players now abandon their main and switch to McCree when they’re losing at any point in the game, similar to how people would panic, swap from their main and pull out bastion near the end of a match as a last ditch effort

I wasn’t literally saying McCree has the same stall potential as other characters end game, which you’d have realised if you’d have bothered to read the whole post

3 Likes

Uhm… Because you like these heroes, you like their abilities and want to play as them?

Even if he was, I don’t see why it would be a bad thing. You know, someone’s gotta be the best.

If only there was a way to avoid entering McCree’s close range and stay as far as possible to render his flashbang completely useless…

I think people need to learn how to stop trying to outduel a duelist hero 1v1 in a close range. Maybe that’ll happen some day.

If you’re gonna do that, give it a 5 second stun as well.
Btw, it’s not a dart, nor it is a some rock for it to be a skill shot. Not everything has got to be a skill shot.

1 Like

I’d say your title is misleading then as a ‘panic bastion’ is when ppl pick bastion to defend the last point of a map. May want to re-word it.

You’re more saying “team on the backfoot/losing? just pick Cree and win”

…and it’s also just not true (for all maps/modes). On some maps/points Cree is beyond useless. For example, on point 1 of all attack 2cp, Eichen, Dorado for example, all he can do is shoot shields beyond his max range for little damage.

Ultimately, he’s a general hitscan, most hitscans do well when there’s plenty of room to move around.

More niche heroes like Mei or Reaper do better on certain maps (for example, Reaper is insane on Paris attack point 1 as he can completely ignore the choke).

1 Like

But then why put yourself at a disadvantage by using them? Especially if you’re playing ranked. Don’t get me wrong I enjoy playing Genji over McCree but I know I’m putting myself at a disadvantage by using him, not to mention I’d have to put in 4 times the effort to get the same value as I would a McCree

The best at what though? Close range or mid? It needs to be one or the other, it can’t be both or it’s just too much

Reaper for example, strong close range but useless long rang.
Widow, strong long range but not very effective up close (unless you’ve got god like aim)
Bastion, extremely high DPS but completely immobile and requires team to work around him

If you’re the best at mid range, really strong close range and have an anti flanking stun with a hit box half the size of the map then it’s a bit too much, there needs to be a weakness somewhere

1 Like

Yes, you’re right.

Flanker mobility is the elephant in the room in Overwatch. It needs to be toned-back. Otherwise things like Flashbang need to exist. The problem with Flashbang is that while it’s a counter to ultra-mobile flankers, it’s also a much harder counter to everything that is bigger and slower than a flanker.

Genji isn’t as much of an issue as Tracer, Doomfist, Ball, Echo (and in a different way, Pharah) but he was when he had his triple-jump - even Blizzard could see that much.

1 Like

Because Mei can literally be invincible for several seconds to stall, while flashbang and especially the necessary followup can easily be bubbled, shielded, matrixed, stunned or flat-out denied by killing him. 225 HP is by no means a tank, as opposed to 250 HP with a literal invincibility self-healing reloading ability and a wall to further block followup damage and stall.

Mei doesn’t need to get kills to hold the point. She literally just needs to exist on the point.

2 Likes

I don’t think the premise is stall-potential but rather influence on the match overall potential. And McCree has invalidated a lot of heroes in that regard.

1 Like

Why not play McEz?

Because the other dps already took him.

That, and you’d miss every shot as McCree.

Don’t forget to at least nerf the low skill - high reward mess that is Fan the Hammer to its old 45 DPS damage values as well…

Mccree does not do well against packed enemies , if Fan the Hammer is such an annoying skill nerf its damage so tanks don’t get melted but give him something like explosive rounds on headshots. Make an experimental card see how it works out if he does aoe damage on headshots. Most satisfying thing about mccree is the little ding it does when you crit someone. Think it would provide an interesting alternative.