McCree is the new ‘panic Bastion’

That old trope of players quickly switching to Bastion to desperately try and clear a point they’re losing is dead, that role now belongs to McCree

Seriously though, I see it in so many games, players will pick a hero and when things aren’t going well they’ll quickly swap to McCree and start to turn the tides of a fight, turning a losing match into a winning one

He simply outclasses a lot of other DPS heroes, he’s still the best at mid range and he’s almost guaranteed to win the close range duel with that flash bang hit box the size of Wrecking Ball

He’s taking away other heroes niches, why play Mei and have to freeze someone and line up a headshot when you can just ‘flash, fan the hammer, roll, fan the hammer’

Or why play Reaper and only be effective at close range when you can play McCree and still dominate mid range and still instantly shut down anyone that gets close to you

I think his close range effectiveness needs to be nerfed somehow, he should still be a strong pick mid range but right now he’s just too strong up close

Maybe something like making his flash bang a skill shot like Ana’s sleep dart, decrease the hit box size and slightly increase the cast time. Those are just some suggestions but I think something does need to be done, he’s just too strong right now and seems to be in every game

47 Likes

So what your saying is, “Buff Bastion”

25 Likes

Here’s what I’d do.

17 Likes

Well that too but let’s save that for a different thread haha

3 Likes

No, but that is a good idea.

BASTION

5 Likes

Why not? they are changing to try make things work, even if it means going Bastion, if you’re unable to counter the Bastion, good on that person for the switch I’d say…

1 Like

Aka nerfing a hero into the ground.

4 Likes

Hot take: people still complaining about McCree are using him as a scapegoat because they are bad.

12 Likes

I mean I’m fine giving him whatever buffs he needs to be viable.
Just need to get rid of the “annoying CC” and the “Tank/Barrier shredding” part.

250hp ThicCree for all I care.

Well, your changes just make him absolute garbage.

4 Likes

K. And what sorts of compensation would he need to not be garbage?

Seriously asking since I’m slowly constructing a big post on it.

No shield tanks in Overwatch 2 on defence like Kings Row? - #29 by GreyFalcon-11737

No idea. Pretty much removing flash, and making fth not be able to dmg barriers are massive nerfs, needing huge buffs. Tho I have no idea to what, as you pretty much removed some of his abilities.

1 Like

all you ever do is just give everyone your patch notes and i find it hilarious :skull::sob:

4 Likes

It’s basically low brain power posting.

Also seeing if I can get some responses to see if there’s any holes I missed that I can plug up.

2 Likes

well your mccree changes are fine, that CN guy is just one of those people that are “oh your changes trash that hero but i don’t know what to do to make him not trash”. i would say just lower his FTH CD to 4 seconds because 5 may feel clunky to use

1 Like

Well it is a substantial nerf though. But one could argue McCree could take the drop in pickrate, or that he doesn’t need to be the top pick in OW2.

But really basic stuff like 250hp or 1/3rd less Ult charge cost could probably fill any gaps.

2 Likes

Hmm maybe tryout 200HP? Nothing was broken before they amplied his survival with new damage breakpoints. Like sure Zenyatta and McCree have way too big hitboxes, but they have firepower to back it

1 Like

225 hp is fine, lower his hit box size and reduce his ult cost by 10% or 5% and he should be viable

My Bastion doesn’t panic.
He just needs a shield.
:angry:
This means you,
Road Hog, Hammond
Road Hog, Dva
Dva, Hammond
:angry:

1 Like

Yes, because removing kills from flash, and nerfing dmg to barriers doesnt do much. 5 sec is too much, but 4 makes those changes totally just fine for him.